Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > R/C Helicopter Tools and Supplies

R/C Helicopter Tools and Supplies Tools and Products used with R/C Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2015, 12:57 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarhart View Post
Those look exactly like the ones I just ordered from HeliDirect: http://www.helidirect.com/kde-univer...ks-p-37128.hdx
I have had some align ball link pliers, the cheapie yellow ones, and FBLRotors old E5 ball link pliers. I just got these ball link pliers (They're the FBLRotor ones just sold by KDE). They are amazing and they fit both my X3 and E5 and the carrying case is perfect. This is definitely the last set of pliers I'll ever need.
MyRCode is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2015, 10:17 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

What ever you get don't let anyone who isn't into helis use them! My dad ruined my first JR ball link pliers! He figured I need some pliers, oh look these will work, snap, ruined pliers. Had to order a second one which he almost ruined again! Now I hide it!
gr8t1dini is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2016, 06:18 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyRCode View Post
I have had some align ball link pliers, the cheapie yellow ones, and FBLRotors old E5 ball link pliers. I just got these ball link pliers (They're the FBLRotor ones just sold by KDE). They are amazing and they fit both my X3 and E5 and the carrying case is perfect. This is definitely the last set of pliers I'll ever need.
I guess that means you like them. (lol)
tony#1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2016, 06:54 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I think a lot of people predominantly fly smaller helicopters, for which, I am sure, you will get away with slightly cheaper ones. However, the contributor who suggested one would only ever need the Cheepie ones presumably has not done much assembly of and work on Mikado or Compass helicopters, for example, especially not the 700 size and above.
Many situations require a slightly different shaped tip to easily accommodate the ball links, especially on upper swash plates. The larger ball sizes also require significantly more leverage to prize-apart and reconnect. Not all plastics are created alike in their ductile behaviours. The KDE UBLP and the JR Universal ball link pliers certainly look the business, but accompanied with a significantly sharp intake of breath, especially accompanied by international postage rates!
Andy
Old 05-30-2016, 08:41 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I think I should ask a very unreasonable question, and that is - those of you who have actually used the KDE and JR ball link pliers, why do you think they are actually better than the cheap ones?
Are they actually better and more efficient at accomplishing their job - for what sort of helicopters? Do they actually last longer than the cheap ones?
Andy
Old 05-31-2016, 12:48 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have the KDE pliers specifically for my Rush, they're the only pliers that will remove them with ease and without damaging them. For the rest of my fleet I use an old E-flite pair that I personally find are better than my pair of Align pliers. The KDE's are so well made, beautiful, but too long and awkward for most applications.

Steve
Old 05-31-2016, 06:46 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thank you Crashcopterman,
That is interesting to note about your feelings as far as the length of the KDE pliers. People have commented before about the apparent quality of the KDE pliers, but not their possibly excessive length for most jobs.
I want to use them on a Compass 700 3-blade swash, so I will do some further measurement. However good quality and superior they are, if they don't fit they will be of no added benefit!
Andy
Old 03-12-2017, 09:16 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have Align plier, cheap version of plier (curve tip) and then Hirobo plier.

http://www.arrishobby.com/hirobo-bal...y-clamp-p-1176

Hirobo plier is my first choice. Cheap version plier is made of soft metal, which is very easy to be bent. Align plier also has slightly curved tip but made of stronger steel.
465 (6s), Align DFC, HW50AV3, KST315 & 8910A+, SK720BE
lcc014 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in