Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters

450 Class Electric Helicopters 450 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2017, 06:10 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Align Trex 450 Pro V2 DFC

I just bought an Align Trex 450 Pro V2 DFC from rcgroups. I'm not sure how to get this heli in fly worthiness. Do I need to go through a set up before I lift it off the ground? It has a Breastx fbl unit and not sure how to set that up. Anyone have a list of things I should do before it's maiden flight? Thanks.
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2017, 08:03 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjlicklid View Post
I just bought an Align Trex 450 Pro V2 DFC from rcgroups. I'm not sure how to get this heli in fly worthiness. Do I need to go through a set up before I lift it off the ground? It has a Breastx fbl unit and not sure how to set that up. Anyone have a list of things I should do before it's maiden flight? Thanks.
Unless you really, really trust the past owner, I would go through the whole setup. First check the mechanical stuff per the Align manual (linkage lengths, swash level, servos centered), then run through the beastx setup. Check youtube for the Ron Lund Beastx videos.
yakky is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2017, 03:15 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Personally, I always rebuild the head and tail at a minimum. I really don't trust anyone else. If it fails, I want to know that I was the cause.

Depending on how that tear down/rebuild goes, I determine if there is a need to redo anything else. I usually do a very good visual inspection. I also try to wiggle things that aren't supposed to wiggle.

It would also be good to at least visually inspect all the wires. Sometimes they can be damaged from a crash, and the previous owner never catches it.

As yakky said, I would basically go through the entire beastx setup as well. If nothing else, you will learn the FBL in case you need to make adjustments, etc.
Oxy 2, Gaui X3 #1, Protos 380, Gaui X5, Synergy 766, Specter 700
Oxy 2/X3/Protos 380/X5/766/Specter 700 Consecutive Successful Flights (Current) = 32/16/12/145/7/50
Consecutive Successful Flights (Max) = 145
macdad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2017, 10:30 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I do the same too to my newly acquired "perowned" Atom 500.
465 (6s), Align DFC, HW50AV3, KST315 & 8910A+, SK720BE
lcc014 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2017, 10:45 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Personally I rebuild the heli and completely redo the fbl unit. The last bird I bought here for instance it turned out to have both side frames cracked but hard to see plus the 3rd bearing block was broken but didn't notice until main shaft was out. Main and feathering shafts were both ever so slightly bent so I replaced them. Bearings in the head were notchy so had to redo those. It was a complete tear down. I still have to redo the tail assembly then finish up programming.

Some deals are better than others. But I have not purchased a used heli yet that I did not find something wrong with.

So my rule of thumb at least is to tear it down to the frame, maybe leave electronics in place but check all bolts and screws, bearings, etc. Always rebuild head and tail. Check tt or belt etc.

Then I spin up motor first, then motor with main shaft, then motor, main shafts and tail. Last I boot up heli minus blades. I do that to check for vibrations.

Only then do I complete fbl setup then test flights.

Then I'm ok to have fun when it feels good and I trust it.
Old 02-05-2017, 03:54 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default Need more help

So I've binded my transmitter to a Spektrum satellite receiver for this. I've gotten all of the servos working as they should (pitch and elevator are reversed on this). Now the problem I am facing is when I move the servos they come back to the normal position slowly. Is this normal or should the servos respond quicker? Not sure if I need new servos or if after I move the stick and it come back to center should the servos return to center quicker or do they return to center slowly like they do now?
Old 02-05-2017, 04:48 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
So I've binded my transmitter to a Spektrum satellite receiver for this. I've gotten all of the servos working as they should (pitch and elevator are reversed on this). Now the problem I am facing is when I move the servos they come back to the normal position slowly. Is this normal or should the servos respond quicker? Not sure if I need new servos or if after I move the stick and it come back to center should the servos return to center quicker or do they return to center slowly like they do now?
This is normal with flybarless systems.
http://www.baysidercclub.com | AMA#912659 | RCHN #830
Jeti DS14 | Brain2
Synergy N7 | Protos Max V2 | Protos 380
canbarelyhover is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2017, 08:38 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default set up

I'm new to these flybarless systems. The last heli I had was a Blade 400. How do I set up this one? Is the manual the thing I have to refer to? Does it have the head set up, etc. to get this thing flying?
Old 02-12-2017, 09:09 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Watch these videos it will explain what you need to do.

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=268460
CrashNburn420 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2017, 08:58 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Give everything a good checking over. you dont have to dismantle the heli into peices, but go over the fastners 1 by 1 checking for loctite, and redoing any may not have loctite or havnt been done properly

It would be worthwhile pulling the head of and checking the mainshaft bearings. They can often feel OK with the mainshaft inserted into both bearings, but with a mainshaft only in 1 bearing you can get more side load on them and that shows up how bad the bearings really are.

Rebuilding the head is a good idea, its not fun having a feathering shaft screw let go in the air. And you learn how things go together while your at it.

one word of caution, please remove blades while you are setting up your heli to prevent any potential accidents from accidental giving throttle. Dont trust TH either until you know your setup is good.
bazsound is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2017, 07:11 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashNburn420 View Post
Watch these videos it will explain what you need to do.

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=268460
Do I need to connect this FBL Beastx to my computer to program it per these videos? Never done this before and unsure of what I need to do. I did buy one of those USB things to connect my Beastx to my computer but not sure if I need to do that to follow these videos. Also I appreciate all the reply's I've gotten. In New England it is almost time to fly. We've had a couple good days these last couple of days and can't wait to get my 2 Trex Pros out there.. lol
Old 04-11-2017, 07:17 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

You don't need a computer for BeastX, it is all programmable using the transmitter and the unit itself. I know this isn't what you want to hear, but you need to sit down and just read the manual, it is one of the best manuals out there for FBLs. There really is no easier FBL system to setup and get flying.
Old 04-11-2017, 07:21 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

What is the USB connector for? Apparently I need to connect it to a computer at sometime? Is it just to update the firmware or something else.. thanks
Old 04-11-2017, 08:51 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
What is the USB connector for? Apparently I need to connect it to a computer at sometime? Is it just to update the firmware or something else.. thanks
Firmware updates and adjustments you don't need to worry about until much, much later.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in