Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > FMA/Revolectrix Product Support

FMA/Revolectrix Product Support FMA/Revolectrix Factory Product Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2012, 07:47 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default A short cut to teaching CPII where 8' is:

Hi Guys,

A short cut I have learned when stepping through the Quick Setup/Collective Pitch portion is this:

1. Set CPII's remote switch to Off
2. Bring up the Pitch Curve screen on the Tx
3. Move the throttle stick such that the output number on the screen is 50
4. With pitch gauge attached, confirm the main blades are in fact at 0' pitch, if not, adjust linkage so that the main blades are at 0'
5. Now move the throttle stick until the collective pitch at the main blades is 8'
6. Now, note the output number displayed in the Pitch Curve display screen
7. Write or save this number some where (e.g. on my Trex 500 with a DX7 or DX8 Tx the output number is 80 on the display screen)

The next time you run Quick Setup using the same Tx and helicopter, you will not need to attach and use the pitch gauge to teach CPII where 8' is; just refer to the Pitch Curve screen on the Tx and move the throttle stick up until you get the same output reading. The procedure does save a little time by not having to attach the pitch gauge each time Quick Setup is run.

Jack
PowerLab 8
jdd1 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2012, 11:07 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thanks for the tips Jack. Setting the CPII to off must be the answer to the query that I raised in the other thread from n6nev, where I described that I couldn't set the collective because the sensor was moving the swash all over the place. I thought it should disable it during set-up, but I forgot that I could disable it with the switch. Having said that, does the switch set-up come after the collective range setting. If so you would have to double visit the set-up so to speak, which probably explains why it worked for me the second time.

With regard to pitch curve values, I did the following, which may also help others too. I trust my 0 set-up, when the radio is at 50% on the pitch curve, so I had no need for a pitch gauge for this step. I also knew and trusted that my pitch range was +-12, so I simply did the maths and worked out that my blades should be at 8 degrees when my pitch curve was at 83.33. I set my curve to 83%, and then quickly threw on my pitch gauge just to double check, and it was precisely 8 degrees, so I concluded my maths must have been correct. When I say the maths, what I was really meaning was I wasn't entirely sure, until I put the pitch gauge on, that it would be an adequately linear relationship, but it would seem that it was. Maybe it goes out a little as you get more extreme pitch values, but up to at least 8 degrees it would seem that it is fine to do it by calculation, in my case with 12 degrees total.

Cheers

Sutty
sutty is offline        Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in