Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room

Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room - Tips and how-To Videos

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2006, 11:15 AM   #81 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Bob has done vids on all that already.
https://www.helifreak.com/viewtopic.php?t=12455
That link willlead you to some varry good setup vids he did with the trex se. They help with most setup. some on ccpm, curvs 101, threadlocker, gyro, soldering deans and motor/esc conectors. They are great. I took the ones I downloaded and put them on a dvd for easy review. Go download and enjoy. A little Bob is'm there.
Don"t make me list 'm all !
Raven_darkcloud is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2006, 11:52 PM   #82 (permalink)

Giday Bob

my 600 is built now and your advice in the videos was very helpful, i watched the video, looked at the instructions and went for it, all came out well, my 611 is on the way, will you be doing a 611 specific video ?

ive been asking around here in Australia and cant seem to find anyone who knows how to set them up, out here in the bush with the kangaroos
zx12rRed is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2006, 02:15 AM   #83 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey Bob, Thanks for the Vids on the Trex 600 , i just put mine together from start to finish in 24hrs, and hovered at 2 am in the back yard. they were a great help.

I have a question tho, i have a trex 450 se that i use a pro peak charger and a Thunder power 205 balancer to charge the 2100-Lipo's and ballance them , i just ordered the TP 1010 charger along with the 210 ballancer and data cord to charge the 600's 4200mah, 22.2V Lipo but can't find a patch cord to plug the align Lipo into the TP 210 ballancer? Do you have any suggestions?

thanks again for the Vid's.

Ernie

(TORCHS) The Orlando Radio Controlled Helicopter Society (Fla)
erniefritz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2006, 04:02 AM   #84 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

The align pack will plug directly into the balancer. At least that is what I have seen Andy do at the field. Dont shoot me though if it doesnt as he may have modified (trimmed) the connecotr hood on the balancer. I will have to check as my charger is in the mail right now too.

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2006, 01:14 AM   #85 (permalink)
Registered Users

*** Update ***
Well , the TP1010 charger and 210 balancer got here , the ballancer wants 2 separate connectors from the battery, a 4 and 6 pin connector for a 6S config battery plugged into "bank 1" - group A & group B of the balancer. this means that a patch cable will have to be made , i've emailed Align to see if they can come up with a male connector for their 6S bat so i don't have to cut the connector off. Good news , in the Interim , if you need to balance your 6S there is a new (inexpensive) balancer on the market that will plug right into the Align battery. I paid $25 for mine at my local hobby shop, it's made by Astro Flight Inc. it's called the Astro 106 "blinky" balancer. it has a 7 pin connector and looks like a small circuit board. so far it's worked great while charging with the TP1010 but doesn't have adata port , I'll kep you posted on what Align reply's about their connector's

Ernie

"may all your landings end skids down"
erniefritz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2006, 07:36 AM   #86 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Ernie,

If Andy is out at the field I will check out his setup. He told me that balance connector had the same pin spacing as TP. If so all you need to do is cut off the blue pack conector and solder on a Deans and do the same for the charger.

BTW, I bought the FMA direct balance pro and was PO'ed to find thier adapter only went to 5S. Thank god there was a header on the board! I went to the electronics store and low and behold a ribbon cable connector is the SAME pin spacing as the balance plug on that Align pack. I made my own "patch" cable.

Bob
Old 07-15-2006, 09:18 AM   #87 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hay bob Can you give some picts of the charging setup you guys are useing. I'm still putting my pennies together for the 600 and want to have every step covvered befor hand. Or if you can make a vid on that charging setup for us guys still only working on 3s with our smaller heli's. :mrgreen: The more you guys talk about the plugs on that bat the more my head spins as I cant find any picts of the plugs on it.
Thanks
Don"t make me list 'm all !
Raven_darkcloud is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2006, 09:22 AM   #88 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Agreed.... this whole balance plug issue needs to be documented.

I will do it VERY soon.

BTW the first 3 flight on my 4400 pack the cells were WAY out of balance. Now they are getting in line so dont think for a minute that you can get buy without a balancer for these packs!

Bob
Old 08-05-2006, 05:40 PM   #89 (permalink)

Finless,

I have flown my 450 (first heli) now 15 or 20 times. Just hovering for now. My last 'landing' was a little rough... need some parts - but not many. Rotor blades, tail boom, tailrotor holders and gears.

But now I am very tempted to get the 600 and call it a day. What do ya think? Should I stay with the 450 and practice or is it just as well to practice with the 600? Maybe I can sell the 450.

How many minutes of flying do you get from the 4400?

Vid's are great and makes it enjoyable to build.
are_62 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-2006, 10:00 AM   #90 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Tuff question! I still fly my 450 more than my 600....
I get 6 minutes out of my 4400's.

I would say stick with the 450 for now until your doing some 3D then decide if you want something bigger.

Bob
Old 08-15-2006, 01:47 AM   #91 (permalink)

I was a bit puzzled that the motor mount should have it's "fins" down towards the motor. Wouldn't it lead away heat more efficiently if it had the flat side towards the motor and the fins out in the air?

At one one place in the manual it has the fins up if I'm not mistaken, I'll see if I can locate it.

Found it, page 12....
Tintin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2006, 02:10 AM   #92 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Tintin.. can you point out the pages in tha manual that show that? I cant find it!

Bob
Old 08-15-2006, 02:45 AM   #93 (permalink)

As mentioned, in the drawing on page 12....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg untitled1.jpg (41.2 KB, 431 views)
Tintin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-31-2006, 10:06 PM   #94 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

I posted a quickie vid as many have had issues knowing how to mount the 4900 Flightpower evo pack.

So here it is

VIDEO -> How to mount the flight power 4900 to the Trex600 (19 Megs)

Bob
Old 09-04-2006, 03:08 AM   #95 (permalink)

Default 600 pitch set up

I'm having trouble with setting my 600,s pitch. Is there a video I missed, a tip I need, or something I missed in set up? Thanks, B-Day today, Did my first flips w/ 450SE!!!
scubas00755511 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2006, 10:05 AM   #96 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Yea, I have the head setup vid... It tell you all the link length etc.
Happy B-day!

Bob
Old 09-11-2006, 06:32 PM   #97 (permalink)

Hi Bob, I'm new to this site and the T-Rex 600, but thanks to you i'm working my way through the build so much faster than if i had to sit there working out what the instructions mean.
Quick Q, I put my blade grips together onto the feathering spindle but when i tighten up the bolts they are really stiff moving even before any glue got near them, so i loosened them off very slightly, glued them solid and now the movement is free with no play, is this ok or just damn stupid?
i've never had this problem before and i've built a Raptor 30, 90 and T-Rex450SE.
Oh also do you mind if i use a link on the 600 forum to your vids as i really think everyone should benefit from your expertise.
Cheers Nellie
nellie7532 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2006, 07:54 PM   #98 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Some folks have been reporting a problem with the spindle cut at the thrust bearings... As long as when you turn them as in my video they are not gritty feeling you should be OK. If they are gritty or notchy feeling when you turn them then your thrust bearings may be binding and you may have a bad spindle.

Bob
Old 09-12-2006, 09:18 AM   #99 (permalink)

Thanks Bob, i guess time will tell eh?
nellie7532 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2006, 02:24 AM   #100 (permalink)

hey Bob, thanks for the videos. i am building my first trex. unfortunately i don't get to fly it because it will be a display at the hobby shop i work at. I do get to learn more as i am around helis more and more. I am a convert from planks to helis.

so just stopping by to say thanks for the videos!
cskiller26 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in