Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Beam > BEAM E6

BEAM E6 BEAM E6 Factory Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2014, 12:38 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Beam 7/600 ???

Hi again all,..

Just wondering if any Beam tinkerer's are out there that have had a go at turning the AvantGarde into a 700 class? (or even considered an 800) or is it just too much re-engineering to bother with?

Just looking for variations so when circumstances permit, I can have maybe 8-12 450>6/700 size heli's in various platforms (std., stretch, scale, custom etc) but ALL by BEAM.

Thanks for looking & Cheers
BH
BeamHangar is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2014, 04:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't think it would really stretch to 700, definitely not 800. It would look really really strange for one thing. :-)

I suppose you could stretch it just enough to run 625/630mm blades. It's already on the small side for a 600, it's really more 550 size to begin with. I think any more than maybe 630 and you'd start having drivetrain problems. But that's just my guess.

I'd love to see Beam make a really solid 700, really sturdy and reliable and where the LiPos are super easy to change etc. Someone needs to think outside the box a bit now because so many different things have been done.
HD Cell 750, RJX Vector, TDR, TDSF, Kasama Dune and Faifa, Minicopter Triabolo 700, Beam Avantgarde, JR E8 leggero, Suzi Laos, Shape 9, Shape S8, Rave 450, TRex 500, Raptor E700, Compass Warp, Steam 700, Spirit, Spartan, Jeti.
trillian is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2014, 12:18 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sure, a dedicated 700 would be great to see, as well (for me) as a Gasser, and even Nitro.
Im hearing you about the 800 but my E6 is already running (or WAS) 615's (so i was thinking 670/85mm) and Synergy E6 accommodates a stretch, Id think the real issue for me to do a stretch is i'd like to have a Pyro on a 700 and the frames are too tight for that (unless i modify heaps or put into a fuselage).

It may not even mean Beam has to "think outside the box" so much as adopt currently known and used ideas(that were once considered "out of the box"), but modified to suit their platform and make it work.

I don't think we will see a 700 for at least 2 years, and it would be nice to see Beam do a factory 450 stretch (so it stands next to the newer Gaui,Forza etc) just so there continues to be movement in this segment and additions to a pilots fleet. Some more OEM selections of canopy themes would be sweet too, especially a cpl new ones for the E5/6's.

Battery position: Seems like a mixed bag for preferences (nose mount is an understandable concern for some, but a good system IMO for scale change over) and i haven't flown my bigger heli's enough/at all to tell the difference. For P&B set-ups i can see the advantage of a detachable rear mount plate to save taking the canopy off all the time.

Again, just seeing if the tinkerer's have tried it?

Cheers
BeamHangar is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2014, 02:32 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

The E6 just isn't practical to stretch to a 700. It's easy enough to find a longer belt and boom material, though you've no control over CoG with battery placement. The OWB is also a real week point, even the v2.. I've been through a few when pushing the E6 hard with a 12s setup.

I'm flying mine as a single pack 550 machine at the moment, because that suits what I need. Though it's still a bit of a compromise, as even though I run Optipower packs, they're only the 30C version, so I'm having to limit the head speed, so I don't kill my packs. The current ESC and motor are capable of much more, but I probably won't buy any 50C packs until next year now. But it does fly well as a 550 and you can pad-out a 5000 pack to get the correct CoG, without shortening the boom.

If you want to run the E6 to its full potential, it's best as a 12s 600. It's light, accurate and will do anything from sport flying to hard 3D.
Old 07-03-2014, 05:19 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

By 'outside the box' I just mean it would need to not be just a 'me too' design, they don't have to reinvent the wheel but just find a niche because there are a lot of 700 helis out now. I really think the Avantgarde achieves that, it's just a shame it is not more widely appreciated.

With LiPo placement, I love the way the Avantgarde is laid out. It's the easiest to change packs of any electric heli I own, a close second being the Dune / Faifa.

I have two 700 size helis with sliding trays and they are both quite fiddly and tedious fishing the packs in as the straps snag on the frames, the wires have to be carefully guided past frame braces etc. and I still end up having to take the canopy off anyway.

Probably the best designs I have seen yet for easy LiPo management are on the Logo 800 and the Alees Rush where the packs come out from the side.
HD Cell 750, RJX Vector, TDR, TDSF, Kasama Dune and Faifa, Minicopter Triabolo 700, Beam Avantgarde, JR E8 leggero, Suzi Laos, Shape 9, Shape S8, Rave 450, TRex 500, Raptor E700, Compass Warp, Steam 700, Spirit, Spartan, Jeti.
trillian is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in