Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Futaba Radios and Electronics > Futaba CGY750 FBL System

Futaba CGY750 FBL System Futaba CGY750 Help and features Support Forum

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2016, 09:19 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sounds good. Will give it a try.
fireblade812 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2016, 10:07 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default trim settings?

Think I already know the answer, but I'll ask anyways. If you're upgrading from a previous firmware to v2 on models that have been set with the "trim" flight by using rate mode & trim tabs to memorize centers, should all the trim settings be set back to center before using v2 firmware?
atkinson is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2016, 07:51 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

ok I have a pretty stock 1.4 setup.. so from the read, I update to ver 2.0 set the StupStyle back to 3D .. and then thats it? do I need to re-do the setup over again?

I know it says it does not reset some parts of swash and governor.. just wondering what else needs to be done after the update..

thanks..
Manyc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2016, 08:13 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by atkinson View Post
Think I already know the answer, but I'll ask anyways. If you're upgrading from a previous firmware to v2 on models that have been set with the "trim" flight by using rate mode & trim tabs to memorize centers, should all the trim settings be set back to center before using v2 firmware?
I upgraded from v1.4 to v2.0 last night. The upgrade WON'T clear the trims that was memorized in v1.4. There's still a inverted "A" sign in gyro operation mode meaning that neutral offset in AVCS mode. I tried to reset the trims in transmitter to zero, the sign is still there. Then I flip the switch 3 times just like what we did in v1.4, the display changed to ********* and the invented "A" sign turns back to normal. Although it seems to work but this "switch 3 times" method was removed in v2.0 manual for some reason. I would suggest you to reset the trims in v1.4 first and proceed with the upgrade.
vultage likes this.
Old 01-08-2016, 08:38 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manyc View Post
ok I have a pretty stock 1.4 setup.. so from the read, I update to ver 2.0 set the StupStyle back to 3D .. and then thats it? do I need to re-do the setup over again?

I know it says it does not reset some parts of swash and governor.. just wondering what else needs to be done after the update..

thanks..
At least you should check the sv.limit in rudder menu, the upgrade reset the limits. According to previous replies from other professionals it's not necessary to redo the whole setup, just adjust the swash rate according to manual and you are good to go. You might also want to check the CYC.Rate and Pirouette Speed setting if you have your own preferences other then the default values 300d/s and 720d/s. I didn't fly mine yet but I just want to share what I found in the upgrade process.
Old 01-08-2016, 08:43 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

The 3 switch flicks is not in there because there is now no rate mode to toggle between it and avcs. Zero the trim as described then proceed.

As these things are computers after all, I would always review the screens of all menus to make sure everything passed through update as expected. Trust but verify.....

Ben Minor
Old 01-08-2016, 08:47 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireblade812 View Post
I upgraded from v1.4 to v2.0 last night. The upgrade WON'T clear the trims that was memorized in v1.4. There's still a inverted "A" sign in gyro operation mode meaning that neutral offset in AVCS mode. I tried to reset the trims in transmitter to zero, the sign is still there. Then I flip the switch 3 times just like what we did in v1.4, the display changed to ********* and the invented "A" sign turns back to normal. Although it seems to work but this "switch 3 times" method was removed in v2.0 manual for some reason. I would suggest you to reset the trims in v1.4 first and proceed with the upgrade.
Thanks for the advice
Old 01-09-2016, 05:54 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Finally got a chance to do some test flights today after the upgrade. The heli feels much lighter than before (interesting), tic toc is MUCH easier and when I do a couple of quick mobius figure 8, I'm surprise how PRECISE it is.

Piro on the other hand I don't feel two much improvement (strange), fast piro is ok but slow piro still very twitchy and sometimes drift a little bit, not sure if it's caused by the strong wind. Slow fwd/bwd circle, hurricane and pie dishes I feel the tracking towards the movement direction is not as solid as v1.4, v1.4 is like holding some weight in a circle.

I used stock settings except preferred CYC.Rate and Pirouette rate. SWS.Rate is 50@ 7degrees. Cyclic gain a few points up without any shake or wobble.

Can't wait to spend another day to fine tune for better piro performance! Overall I'm happy with this new firmware
Old 01-09-2016, 08:10 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Increase or decrease the swash rate a little until the model piros flat. The feel you want may come from turning up the style a bit.

Ben Minor
Old 01-09-2016, 10:34 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm just a very casual flyer, no aerobatics for me (at this time anyway). Do I need to set everything up from scratch again or will it just retain my current settings?
HAL9KPCM is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2016, 08:27 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

i'm going though setup again on my e5 , the servo arms are perfectly straight with the stock setup , but in order to get the 8 degrees of pitch I need to be at 26% . this is obviously wrong but I don't want to mess up the geometry of the head by moving the servo balls in , should I just leave it at 10 degrees and 46% or use different servo arms to try and get the percentage up ?
Anthony
Old 01-10-2016, 12:03 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Are you measuring your cyclic pitch in swash rate? You must because travel increases markedly when you leave that screen. Something isn't right because I'm at about 60 for 9 degrees on my E5SS. You can use the shorter balls on the inner swash ring if you had previously swapped them for the long balls, but there is still no way you should need to be down at 26% with 20mm arms.

Ben Minor
Old 01-10-2016, 06:21 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

yes , i changed the stock 20mm servo horns to standard horns with the balls at 14mm and now in the swash rate menu i have 67% for 7degrees , aileron and in the pitch rate menu i have 56% for 12 degrees of pitch , i do have the longer balls on the inner swash but would it make that much difference?
Anthony
Old 01-10-2016, 06:22 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

endpoints are all at 100 except for the throttle
Anthony
Old 01-10-2016, 06:24 AM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

also can i change the switch that flips the conditions from dg1 to dg2 , i'm using dg1 for my e fuel gauge and it needs a firmware update in order to change the switch assignment
Anthony
Old 01-10-2016, 08:44 AM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Please confirm. Are you measuring the cyclic pitch in the correct mode? The long balls add at least a degree to static pitch.

Ben
Old 01-10-2016, 09:57 AM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

swash rate , blades lined up with the boom measuring full right aileron.
pitch rate full collective measuring total amount of pitch. aileron is 7 degrees at 67% , total collective is 12 degrees at 56% , I did test it this morning and didn't like it , so I;m going to go back to the original horns and shorter balls and go over the setup again , I know its not right as the x4 is perfect(almost) and this doesn't have the same kind of feel ,
Anthony
Old 01-10-2016, 05:14 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

went over everything , changed the inner swash balls for the shorter ones , now i have 7 degrees cyclic pitch at 56% and 13 degrees collective pitch at 51% i will see what its like tomorrow . i'm sure its going to be good
Anthony
Old 01-11-2016, 07:47 AM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I did a quick test this morning and it feels much better , still a few minor niggles but I haven't touched anything yet , as always I like the precise feel of how it flies , I also managed to figure out the switching dg1 to dg2 so now I can use both functions(e-fuel gauge and condition switching)
Anthony
Old 01-11-2016, 06:00 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony1 View Post
I did a quick test this morning and it feels much better , still a few minor niggles but I haven't touched anything yet , as always I like the precise feel of how it flies , I also managed to figure out the switching dg1 to dg2 so now I can use both functions(e-fuel gauge and condition switching)
Anthony
Hello anthony1, could you please post a "how to" for your setup as I also have a e-fuel and a 14sg/cgy-750 combo.
Forza 450: Xnova, CGY 750, 14SG, MKS
rtnaviman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in