Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Gaui Helicopters > NX4

NX4 Discussion and support of the Gaui NX4 Nitro Helicopter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2014, 11:45 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Nasca View Post
I have and for tight smack, not the best imho, loads the engine. SB 430s better. For big smooth flying they are good and 3d thats not tight and constant. This is with the stock gearing.
Matt, I hold you and JC fully responsible for this one ... if all goes well over the next 2 days, I'll have an NX4 by the end of next week.

Jeff_Barrett is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2014, 06:22 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun34 View Post
??? I kinda understand what you say and kind of agree and disagree at the same time.....

This video of Dunkan Bossion is with 465mm blades and 19T pinion.
Not sure anybody here can smack as good as him !...
It's all about collective management .... thing that now get forgotten more and more with the available power of electric ....
I tried the 19 & 20 myself with various blade combos. What I say is from my own experience and I have horrible collective management

It's not the tight so much as it's the constant, prolonged, loading of the motor that often goes with it. Now that being said....The vid you posted of Dunkan shows what I described very well. (especially if you know what a stock NX4 with a well tuned motor sounds like, pulls through the bog better) If you've ever seen Dunkan fly in person you will remember how quick he moves his collective and how he constantly feathers it. He is one of the best with the collective I've ever seen.
Old 01-20-2014, 06:24 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_Barrett View Post
Matt, I hold you and JC fully responsible for this one ... if all goes well over the next 2 days, I'll have an NX4 by the end of next week.

It's about freakign time! You're gonna love it Jeff, it'll be right up your alley!!
Old 01-20-2014, 08:37 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

It's about freakign time! You're gonna love it Jeff, it'll be right up your alley!!
Well, I couldn't wait on JC or you to let me try yours any longer so I had to do something about it.

Which blades do you think I should try?

SB 435 Red Tip JCZ Special Edition Blades
SB 435 3D Blades
Old 01-20-2014, 10:05 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Well, I couldn't wait on JC or you to let me try yours any longer so I had to do something about it.

Which blades do you think I should try?

SB 435 Red Tip JCZ Special Edition Blades
SB 435 3D Blades
My opinion is the 435 RedTips. I think you'll get plenty of lift and stability with those.
Old 01-20-2014, 11:01 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

Jeff,
Welcome to the dark side!

at least we have cookies!

A Main Hobbies/ProTekRC Field Rep
Spartan RC Field Rep
Todd Moriarty is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2014, 11:20 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
My opinion is the 435 RedTips. I think you'll get plenty of lift and stability with those.

Will do ... got some in the cart for our inventory as well. I'm bringing on the entire SB line of main blades with Edge difficult to get in NA right now. That and I really like the SBs so far ... I haven't been disappointed with the 515mm 3D or the 350mm 3D blades.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Moriarty View Post
Jeff, Welcome to the dark side! at least we have cookies!
LOL ... I've already had an X4II and loved it, so this should be incredibly familiar. I'm dying to get my X2 back in the air but I busted the USB port on my TracX FBL unit and I can't find the Bluetooth adapter I purchased for it so I'll have a wait for a new adapater so I can program it.

Old 01-24-2014, 12:08 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

You guys are making it tough to resist When this heli fist came out I was convinced I was going to buy one, but plans changed and I never did. I sold my nitro heli last year and now I find myself missing the convenience of nitro quite a bit. The size is perfect for me. I live on an acreage and I can literally walk out my back door and fly this heli with space to spare.
Old 01-24-2014, 02:19 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Chad,
Do it, you won't be disappointed. This is the heli I fly for fun!

A Main Hobbies/ProTekRC Field Rep
Spartan RC Field Rep
Todd Moriarty is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2014, 02:50 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Looking at one of these to get back into dirty nitro. Is it a handy size to throw in the car for a quick few flights as I now have a 1year old and don't get much chance to fly and charging lipos has to be be planed.

Sent from my A210 using Tapatalk
pugdavey is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2014, 02:04 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Hell yeah

Hell yeah!! The nx4 is one of the best helis out there IMO its a great sized nitro!! Its so fuel efficent and fun to fly!! If u ever have a chance to buy or fly one DO IT!!!!
Old 01-12-2016, 02:37 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Moriarty View Post
I have a 1st gen kit, and apart from a failed pitch slider (Fixed in the 2nd batch), hitting a tree (Just Blades, Boom/TT, feathering spindle, and mainshaft bearings), and breaking landing struts in the cold (No issues since boiling them). I have had no issues with it at all!

I was quite impressed with how it handled the tree strike actually. no frame damage at all!
How do you recognize, which batch you have?
I bough a new kit by end of the year and I am interested, which one it is.

Maybe a shot of user manual with addition information...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160111_214318.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	23.0 KB
ID:	629504   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160111_214341.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	23.3 KB
ID:	629505  
SlezY83 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in