Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > FMA/Revolectrix Product Support

FMA/Revolectrix Product Support FMA/Revolectrix Factory Product Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2012, 07:49 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default My First Impressions with CP2

Finally, i got to maiden the CP2 last night. I'll start by saying the thing definatly works no question about that. I had to mess with the gains a little to get rid of some bobbing but that was no big deal.

I had it setup on 2 way switch with two flight modes off/level flight. I will say the CP2 makes hovering exceptionally easy. My Raptor basically felt like a coaxial heli. One could certainly argue if this is good or bad. Next I tried a little FFF and this is the thing I didnt care for. As we all know to get the heli moving you give the elevator stick a little forward push and the heli starts moving once you start moving you typically back off this input and the heli will continue its forward motion. With the CP2 however, as soon as you let off the stick it of course levels the heli which stops your forward motion. I found myself having to give a continuous input to the elevator to keep forward motion. My stick priority was set to the default of 100%. If I raise this value will it help to eliminate this or is this essentially the way it is if you fly with level flight mode turned on? I ran out time so I wasnt able to test anymore playing with the stick priority. I'm thinking I may just change it to bail out only setup.
jfluegel is offline        Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2012, 08:41 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

This characteristic is inherant with all stabilisation systems, especially if they are set to their maximum gain (control). To overcome this you just need to find a gain that will still stabilise but not take over if you get my drift. Another method would be to use the system as purely a 'bail out' and flick a switch when things get out of whack.
pril250 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2012, 09:01 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I agree with your sentiments entirely about the 'co-ax' feel. This is precisely how I described it to someone who asked me about it in another forum, however this is exactly what beginners need. If it continued at that same angle, then a beginner could easily panic and over control it into the ground. To work well they have to recover to level, and it is this that gives people confidence to just let go of the stick.

When I set mine up I was extremely impressed with how it did this, but like you did not like the feel of it at all. I was already passed the beginner stage, so I set it, like was just suggested, onto a bail out switch, so that effectively I am flying with it off at all times, until I hit the switch and it performs an emergency recovery. Haven't had to do this for real yet, but have done many tests and it is amazing to see the recoveries in action.

When the new HD module is released you will be able to replace the switch with an automated setting which will recover the helicopter if you go below a certain height, which is adjustable down to a minimum of 50 feet. This is what I am eagerly awaiting, as I am scared that I might not get to the switch in time.

Cheers

Sutty
sutty is online now        Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2012, 10:50 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Am I correct in assuming that when I set it as a bail out that I should enable emergency recovery in preferrences since this will recover faster (2X gain for 2 seconds) than just level flight mode or am I incorrect?

It would have been nice to have this about 4months ago but I'm just past the total beginer stage at this point and just need more confidence to let her rip and this unit will definately let me do that now.
Old 06-14-2012, 11:00 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

correct, But ER is engaged when flying with CPII off and switched on when at an extreme angle

nightflyr is online now        Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2012, 12:53 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflyr View Post
correct, But ER is engaged when flying with CPII off and switched on when at an extreme angle
If I activate the "bail out" switch without being at the required 45 degree angle for ER to work, level flight mode will still correct the heli, right?
Old 06-14-2012, 01:11 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfluegel View Post
If I activate the "bail out" switch without being at the required 45 degree angle for ER to work, level flight mode will still correct the heli, right?
Hi:

Yes, it might just be a fraction of a second slower. But you likely don't need the 10X gain that occurs during ER because you are not heading to earth like a bat out of hell. That's what was behind ER.

Tim Marks
Tim Marks is offline        Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in