Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Futaba Radios and Electronics

Futaba Radios and Electronics Futaba Radios, Gyros, Servos, Etc.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2009, 08:55 PM   #61 (permalink)
3dz
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Fil View Post
I understand what you are trying to say but may not agree. Why if some don't agree do you feel we are "hardcore" Futaba fans or work for them? Can't we just disagree?

I have no real bias towards electronics components. Run JR, Spektrum, Futaba, Hitec, Spartan, Kontronik, and Castle Creations in my birds and all of which i'm happy with in one way or another.
I accept that we all have our own opinions, but like RZ350Freak mentioned,
when people start making comments that are way out of context of the main
thread post, like, you break it you pay for it, and learn how to fly, or find a
different hobby, or I broke my blades, can I send them back in, or 'this is insane'
in all upper case, or comparing it to a coke at McDee's, that is just ignorant,
rude, and shows they either didn't read the orig. thread, didn't understand, or
are just looking for an argument, and more than just disagreeing.

It's like he said, it's their 50% of retail that was the biggest issue because that
would actually be acceptable to me, if they base it off the retail that you pay, so
if they see on my receipt that I paid 139.00 and would say, for $70.00 (I.E. 50%
of retail) we will keep yours, and send you another, I would never have posted
this thread.... that's all I'm trying to say. It's sneaky of them to act like they are
doing the right thing, then come up with some stupid retail price that know one
in the world ever used, and base their 50% rate on that, it's just B.S....
3dz is offline        Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2009, 04:51 PM   #62 (permalink)

Beating a Dead Horse?
UH-1H is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2009, 07:38 PM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

3dz,
First I must say, I know how much it sucks to crash a bird. My condolences...hope it can be revived or at least given a proper burial. I crashed mine this week...nose dive while trying to flip back from inverted to land...of course being the demented sole that I am I found it to be funny. Wish I had been filming. (maiden flight day...finally get the thing balanced, feeling comfortable and smack..bitch slapped by the hand of GOD)

anyway back to the response...I must have rewritten this response ten times. Each time it seems too harsh...so please forgive me if it is found to be offensive.

Well, actually I deleted the majority. Most everything has been covered. we could debate this for ages and not sway your opinion...I'm guessing either you're in your 20's or 45+....not experienced or set in your ways. Me I'm not quite to the 40s but close enough to know I'm right.Lol (been told I was already an old man before I hit 30)

anyway. The argument that everyone is making, including yourself holds water. I see where companies have a high retail price set but you can go anywhere and buy the product for 50-70%. So Why don't they just lower the price? Marketing, markup for sellers, taxes. We just deal with it. And, companies shouldn't be pushed into replacing a damaged product that wasn't a product failure.

Most of the time I don't even bother sending in anything for repair or refund...generally, not worth the time. To me my time is worth something and unless I get full refund or replacement why bother. That being said, regardless on how much of a stance a company will make, there is always a way to get what you want...but is it worth the time?

So, I agree, companies that do use damage replacement, if the customer has to pay it should be on the price based on the receipt and not retail. Of course the receipt should be from a shop with store front and not just an online wholeseller.

I generally don't by Futaba, One paying extra for a name. Two, difficult to deal with.

Like you say cost of manufacture is under 30 bucks....I checked also, gyros are cheap. for someone that is willing to do the work, you can get a 3 axis gyro for a bit under 100 dollars. Now you may not be able to plug and play...have to get the proper plugs, case etc. and assemble... may have to write some code.

anyway hope you get the bird flying soon
X-cell Fury 90: 601/9251, 8231's Cyc; DS650; OS 91MP-6; Jr Vibe 90; OS 91RJX Pipe; Jr 8231 cyclic, 770 3D/G8900, Prfct Reg. CCPM; T-Rex 600 NP: 6965HB, 425MG Throttle GY 520/9254; OS50 Hyper,MP-5, Prfct Reg; 600E Bstx, nue1910
seanh is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2009, 07:48 PM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

So did you buy a new gyro?
Helico-pteron is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2009, 08:17 PM   #65 (permalink)
3dz
Registered Users

Seanh,

Yeah, we are probably about the same age... actually, I never used to send
stuff in/back either, but I have a few friends that do it religiously, and with fairly good
success. If you are lucky, and get a nice person, they help you out, but sometimes,
you get the opposite, and it's just frustrating. I guess it's the big company against
the little guy, never know how it will go. I agree though, the time and nerve spent
is generally not worth it, but I figured it was worth a try.

Helico-pteron,

Yes, I actually took the advice and link from an earlier reply, and bought another
used one from another helifreak member, but I will probably go with the spartan
ds760 next time. They are a little less likely to break (they are smaller, lighter,
and less/smaller components in them), perform better, and even though they
are a bit more expensive, if Futaba isn't going to show the love, why bother
saving a few bucks...
Old 01-10-2009, 08:26 PM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dz View Post
Yes, I actually took the advice and link from an earlier reply, and bought another
used one from another helifreak member, but I will probably go with the spartan
ds760 next time. They are a little less likely to break (they are smaller, lighter,
and less/smaller components in them), perform better, and even though they
are a bit more expensive, if Futaba isn't going to show the love, why bother
saving a few bucks..
Good to hear you got flying again.

Trust me, the Spartan will grenade like a Futaba gyro after a blade strike. That is the initial reason why you were mad at Futaba, correct? Email Spartan RC first and ask them what their replacement policy is after it gets a blade strike. Probably the same thing Futaba told you. Will we see a thread about Spartan RC soon?

Also, did you explain to the guy here on HF whom you bought the gryo from that when you hit THAT gyro with a blade strike you'll be asking for a discounted replacement?

I am not trying to make things rough, that is how I see it.
Old 01-10-2009, 09:48 PM   #67 (permalink)
3dz
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helico-pteron View Post
Good to hear you got flying again.

Trust me, the Spartan will grenade like a Futaba gyro after a blade strike. That is the initial reason why you were mad at Futaba, correct? Email Spartan RC first and ask them what their replacement policy is after it gets a blade strike. Probably the same thing Futaba told you. Will we see a thread about Spartan RC soon?

Also, did you explain to the guy here on HF whom you bought the gryo from that when you hit THAT gyro with a blade strike you'll be asking for a discounted replacement?

I am not trying to make things rough, that is how I see it.
Wow, didn't think that was a loaded question.... you came across innocent, and
then pounced.. I think you need to chill a bit. For the first statement, thanks, yes
I had spares, i was flying the next day, didn't have to wait for a replacement, that
was not the issue.

This thread was to see if members agree/disagree, not want to rip in to each
other over opinions. I did blade strike a spartan, and it is still working fine,
unlike the Futaba (luck or not, but it didn't break). And I did not say I liked Spartan
RC, just that their Gyro is smaller/lighter/better, I actually don't like their support
either, but that wasn't a warranty or replacement issue, just the fact they don't
reply on their tickets, but I didn't bother posting a thread on it, because I figured
I just wait and see how long it takes them to reply. If you don't think my thread
was intended to give others a heads up rather than to look for arguments, then
don't read it.

Why would I explain anything to another HF member about my purchase, I'm not
stupid, I'm not asking some other member to pay for anything, he's not Futaba,
what kind of a question is that ?

How old are you ? You are missing the point entirely. Mad at Futaba because
the Gyro broke from a blade strike, are you sober ? read the first thread....
Old 01-10-2009, 10:07 PM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Wow, didn't think that was a loaded question
It wasn't, I did read it.

I'll say one more thing and leave it alone.

I am sober, yes. You are raking Futaba over the coals because they wouldn;'t fix something to your liking that was caused by you whether it was deliberate or not.
Old 01-10-2009, 10:10 PM   #69 (permalink)
3dz
Registered Users

Quote:
Wow, didn't think that was a loaded question.... you came across innocent, and
then pounced.. I think you need to chill a bit. For the first statement, thanks, yes
I had spares, i was flying the next day, didn't have to wait for a replacement, that
was not the issue.

This thread was to see if members agree/disagree, not want to rip in to each
other over opinions. I did blade strike a spartan, and it is still working fine,
unlike the Futaba (luck or not, but it didn't break). And I did not say I liked Spartan
RC, just that their Gyro is smaller/lighter/better, I actually don't like their support
either, but that wasn't a warranty or replacement issue, just the fact they don't
reply on their tickets, but I didn't bother posting a thread on it, because I figured
I just wait and see how long it takes them to reply. If you don't think my thread
was intended to give others a heads up rather than to look for arguments, then
don't read it.

Why would I explain anything to another HF member about my purchase, I'm not
stupid, I'm not asking some other member to pay for anything, he's not Futaba,
what kind of a question is that ?

How old are you ? You are missing the point entirely. Mad at Futaba because
the Gyro broke from a blade strike, are you sober ? read the first thread....
You know, I have to say, this forum has been more of a pain than a help, and
I am about to just stop using it.

I hope the forum owner reads this.

Of all of my reads / posts on this forum, and based on this thread, and
my Gaui threads, I would say that about 10% of the members I have
dealt with are cool, nice, helpful, etc.., the others seem quite angry and
disgruntled.

What's the point in posting problems/issues if people are just going to
rip on you.

Also, when I post something nice, people rip on it just the same.

When I post about issues with heli's like the Gaui 200, I got ripped
on heavily, and all I was stating was the truth.

Like a previous member mentioned:

you all have a nice day....
Old 01-10-2009, 10:38 PM   #70 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
If Tower can sell them for 120.00 after buying
from a distributor, that tells you the mfg. is selling them to the distributer
for less than $50.00 one hundred percent, guaranteed!
Tower is the distributor, they buy them directly from Futaba Japan.

Tower is under the same banner of Hobbico as all of these.
http://www.bestrc.com/
http://www.towerhobbies.com/
DavidH is offline        Quick reply to this message
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in