Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Flybarless Helicopter Systems

Flybarless Helicopter Systems CSM Cyclock, Helitronix Multi-mixer, Spartan AP2000i, Firmtronix Digimix-3, Gyrobot, SK360and AC3X

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2008, 01:54 PM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default gu365

Quote:
ginnz well ill be.

i hooked mine up tonight, and set up as per instructions, im running it with a 4 blade head.

no matter what i do, as soon as im just starting to get lift it tips over to the right (tail in), i tried everything, i have the swash mix at 35/35/70, the gains at about 25%, and NO MATTER what, i tips over. im thinking if i try and pop er up, its a goner. heck, these new blades are almost done already......the tail seems to be ok, but the rest.... bah....and when i made changes, i "redid the setup" like rebinding. im at a loss......

i could get it into a hover better without it. whats wrong? anyone?
I have had some interesting flights and for the most part it has been really successful. I have noticed an interesting quirk on start up. Sometimes when I plug in the unit I get zero swash movement after the unit initializes. Unplug and then re-plug and then the unit is fine. I always check to make sure the unit moves the swash before I fly.
Just make sure the swash moves and is level before you pop it up and maybe give it a little time to settle the controls after you check the swash operation. Maybe put some really cheap blades on
On a different note:
I have been flying hs65's, but I am going to try some digital JRs to see if the unit improves on feel. Overall it has improved my fast flying but it has affected my quick maneuvers. It just seems to have to much overshoot and lag for some maneuvers. Not horrible, but different. Anybody have experience with going to digitals on this unit?
jkraft is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2008, 08:14 AM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Guys,
I just installed the unit on my Trex 500 but I am having a hard time to setup the pitch range. I can get 0 pitch but when I apply FULL pitch/collective up, the swashplate will properly move up and then slowly the elevator will creep down as if it is trying to counter some action. If I leave it there, it will move back down quite a fair bit.

The opposite also applies when I give full negative. The elevator will creep up. Is this normal behavior? If so, how did you guys manage to setup the collective range? Help much appreciated.

BTW, anybody else mounted it on a Trex 500 for mild 3D/sports flying as I mainly seem to find it on Trex 450's and scalers?

Thanks
KingKow is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2008, 04:26 PM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

right here....still testing. i am a pretty hard 3D flyer.

right now i am having a vibration problem so have to go buy replacement tail blades and main shaft, hopefully that fixes things...

i have done piro-flips, tic-tocs, rolls, and flips.....feels pretty good so far..
Old 12-26-2008, 04:27 PM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKow View Post
Hi Guys,
I just installed the unit on my Trex 500 but I am having a hard time to setup the pitch range. I can get 0 pitch but when I apply FULL pitch/collective up, the swashplate will properly move up and then slowly the elevator will creep down as if it is trying to counter some action. If I leave it there, it will move back down quite a fair bit.

Thanks
mine does not do this. try rebinding the unit...step 6.
Old 12-27-2008, 12:06 AM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok, Got the problem sorted.
Make sure that the swashmix does NOT have expo enabled. It throws it off. In fact I should never use the expo for that. So after disabling the expo, just rebind and VOILA!

So far it works pretty well but I have yet to give it the full test. Punch ups are pretty interesting now and the SOUND! For the price I think it does a decent job. Just need to get rid of vibration.
KingKow is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in