Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 300X

300X Blade 300X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2012, 06:23 AM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasBlade450 View Post
Full-size Bluetooth??
I have an Apple board....but never think to use it....'til it's too late...!!
Phone keyboard. I have a slider. My hands are normal to big for the on-screen touch keyboards.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2
Diesel6401 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2012, 05:48 AM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

At least your "on-board" is bigger than the Apple 4 touch screen!!!
Really great phone....REALLY touchy keypad....I use a stylus much of the time...and STILL have trouble hitting the right keys!!!!
I prefer a full-size tactile board...when I can GET it!!
dasBlade450 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2012, 06:03 PM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

Not sure if any one has seen this. I read this on HH facebook page, but it is on their website also. http://www.horizonhobby.com/article/...mour+Overlay+3

Quote:
To our customers,
I’m sure many of you have experienced much frustration recently due to the continued unavailability of key Horizon products and parts, and I sincerely apologize for that. Unfortunately, we made two significant mistakes. First, we misjudged the capacity of our factories to produce the products that we needed. Second, we compounded that by underestimating the demand for those products by people like you. We've been playing catch-up since this problem was first identified in early 2012.
We have not provided the service that you deserve. Throughout April and May, shipments have been arriving almost daily. While we are seeing our ability to ship orders improve, we will not be back to where we should be until early July for the availability of Horizon-branded products. No one at Horizon is happy about this situation, and we are working feverishly to solve both the short term and the long term problems.
We are committed to restoring our service level to you. Please don’t judge us by my words alone, but by our actions to improve our service levels. We appreciate your business and hope that you will let us prove to you that we can turn this situation around.
Sincerly,
Joe Ambrose
President & CEO
Old 05-24-2012, 06:19 PM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wow, that's from today. I wonder what specifically he's talking about or is it in general?

GSPI is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2012, 06:36 PM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

Numerous things I would imagine. I've had the e-flite umx mig 15 on back-order since Jan and it's been pushed back 2 or 3 months i believe. One major issue happened last year with the e-flite hurricane it was back-ordered for over a year.

So far 4 major products have continued to be pushed back:
- Mig 15
- 130x
- 300x
- 500x

another HUGE set back was the F4 Phantom, that was pushed backed almost 8 months or so then when it was releasd the supply was horrible and went back on back-order soon after. I've been a Horizon fan for a while and their annouce and release time frame is horrible. This goes with all brands of HH, spektrum, proboat, eflite, blade and parkzone. It's the some old continues thing of annouce and 6-8 months on backorder or longer. Not a big car guy so don't follow losi releases at all. I'd guess it's the same though.
Old 05-24-2012, 08:58 PM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I am very interested in the 300X, but I do have an extra AR7200BX on the self and the Trex 250 Pro is available now - hard decision to wait or to pull the trigger on the Trex.... The slippage of the 450X kind of makes me think that it will be longer that late June for the 300X. Don't get me wrong, I love the 450X and the mCPX so I am sure the 300X will be great, but I hate waiting.
Old 05-24-2012, 09:12 PM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

I find it odd that HH does not have a closeup picture of the mechanics of this heli on its website. Whereas they have closeup pictures for the 130X and the now released 450X. The suspicion is that they have not finalized the design even though there is a parts list.
zadaw is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2012, 09:58 PM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

They had a video of it. I'm getting the feeling is not that of a design issue, but based on recent apologies from HH it appears to be some type of supply chain issue.
InFocus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2012, 02:46 AM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
I find it odd that HH does not have a closeup picture of the mechanics of this heli on its website. Whereas they have closeup pictures for the 130X and the now released 450X. The suspicion is that they have not finalized the design even though there is a parts list.
Will these do?
From the HH UK website

toys2cars2toys is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2012, 08:36 AM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel6401 View Post
Not sure if any one has seen this....
That seals the deal for me then - TREX 250 Pro FBL. I don't care if it costs more, at least I can have it now and know that parts are widely available. This is the last time I get burned by HH & their delays.
MeatRocket is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2012, 08:47 AM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

Does that battery look puffed, and mounted backwards? Normally I would have the battery leads away from the motor..
Old 05-25-2012, 09:05 AM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by InFocus View Post
Does that battery look puffed, and mounted backwards? Normally I would have the battery leads away from the motor..

If it's a E-Flite battery I'm sure it did/is puffed

* Sorry had to say that. I'm a huge HH fan, but their batteries freaking suck
Old 05-25-2012, 11:10 AM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeatRocket View Post
That seals the deal for me then - TREX 250 Pro FBL. I don't care if it costs more, at least I can have it now and know that parts are widely available. This is the last time I get burned by HH & their delays.
if you are going down the 250 route, check out the forum. My preference would be an "SE" with a DFC head, lots more room for the FBL controller to go inside the frames (depending on the model) Cheaper and more room for tail servo options

By the end of the weekend, my 250 with Align FL head and BeastX will be converted to DFC still on the BeastX

Edit - I couldn't wait any more
Here's my 250 with it's new head

More pics - https://www.helifreak.com/showthread...73#post3972173

I'm still planning on getting the 300X, but I think I will first fly it, get used to it and then swap the AR7200BX for a cheaper unit
Then I'll keep the 300X ready to fly in my car with a cheap TX - I'm actually going to try a Blade SR TX just for laffs. The AR7200BX will go in my 500 when I can afford some other parts for it

Last edited by toys2cars2toys; 05-25-2012 at 05:15 PM..
toys2cars2toys is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2012, 11:55 AM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cool bro. Enjoy the DFC.
Old 05-30-2012, 09:34 PM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

What is the latest release date?
Old 05-31-2012, 09:32 PM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just talked with a distributor today and it looks like the target for the 300X is now July/August and the 130X is on schedule for next two weeks.

GSPI is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-31-2012, 09:49 PM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

GSPI,

Thank you!
Old 05-31-2012, 10:08 PM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

The 300X was announced months before the 130X, and now ends up being release months later than the 130x..
Old 05-31-2012, 10:08 PM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSPI View Post
Just talked with a distributor today and it looks like the target for the 300X is now July/August and the 130X is on schedule for next two weeks.
Oh man, you've got to be kidding me! The site still says late June, but I can fully believe it's been delayed again!
Spektrum DX8
MeatRocket is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-31-2012, 10:14 PM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSPI View Post
I'm not sure if this is true...but if so, what a @#%! show.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in