Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 400

Blade 400 Blade Helicopters (eFlite) 400 Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2009, 02:55 PM   #621 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Johnr, thanks man, it's a Mini - Titan E325, sprayed with rattle cans.
- Click here to view my RC Flight Log -
ted_wears_a_hat is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2009, 04:58 PM   #622 (permalink)
Registered Users

Do you use the stock mount for that canopy?
Cailid is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2009, 12:53 PM   #623 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewood46 View Post
Hows that cx3??
It's barely a CX3 now but I would buy the CX2 or Lama
Old 03-29-2009, 01:45 PM   #624 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cailid View Post
Do you use the stock mount for that canopy?
No, I re-drilled the holes. I tried it in the stock holes but it felt loose on the heli so decided against it.

The image belows shows roughly where:

Old 03-29-2009, 04:02 PM   #625 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

i hope the proline mini titan canopy i ordered looks like the one you and gixxum and corgi`s does.
i was looking at the pic last night. but cant tell if it has that big of side vents or even the one on the nose.
ohwell for 11 bucks shipped i guess i get what i get
fast400 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2009, 04:06 PM   #626 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

You could always cut your own if the shape is there. It's a good canopy though you have to be careful to keep it clear of the gears.

Old 03-29-2009, 04:46 PM   #627 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast400 View Post
i hope the proline mini titan canopy i ordered looks like the one you and gixxum and corgi`s does.
i was looking at the pic last night. but cant tell if it has that big of side vents or even the one on the nose.
ohwell for 11 bucks shipped i guess i get what i get
let me know how it goes...if you dont like the one you got, i can grab one of the ones i got at the LHS for about $13 and send it your way.
T-Rex 450 Pro
gixxum is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2009, 05:05 PM   #628 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

gixxum;
lets see what i get, if its not the same then i will ask if its not any trouble for you to do that.
im trying to get my heli up to speed on performance right now, and am very limited on funds.
thats why when i saw the proline for 11 bucks shipped i jumped on it.
im spending my last 100 bucks this week on some servo`s, bearings and gyro.
maybe when my girl gives me my heli allowance next month i can have you grab me one. if you have paypal i`ll put the money that way.if the proline isnt what i was looking for
my lhs only has one titan and its the 550 or 500 something like that,and its nitro.
Old 03-30-2009, 04:29 AM   #629 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
gixxum;
lets see what i get, if its not the same then i will ask if its not any trouble for you to do that.
im trying to get my heli up to speed on performance right now, and am very limited on funds.
thats why when i saw the proline for 11 bucks shipped i jumped on it.
im spending my last 100 bucks this week on some servo`s, bearings and gyro.
maybe when my girl gives me my heli allowance next month i can have you grab me one. if you have paypal i`ll put the money that way.if the proline isnt what i was looking for
my lhs only has one titan and its the 550 or 500 something like that,and its nitro.

i hear ya man..let me know the quality of the one you got..i kinda like to paint em and if yours works out and is good quality, i might grab one to airbrush...for $10 its a cheap canopy that you can practice the paining on, and you can just sand it down if you mess up...

my offer is always open man...and yea i have paypal..

good luck bro!
T-Rex 450 Pro
Old 03-30-2009, 10:02 AM   #630 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

gixxum
thanks man,
i think they have like three of the canopies left, the one im getting is red. i shot them an e-mail to see if they had white.and if they did i would rather have white over red.
the guy said he wasnt sure what was left. i looked on their ebay store and they have white, didnt see it before i ordered. still no big deal.

i will let you know what it looks like, i do know its plastic and red. couldnt tell much buy the pic on actual styling. got my fingures crossed.

when it comes in i`ll take a pic and post it, if its not like your`s and you like it maybe we can work out a trade? i`ll pay the difference, i like the style you and ted and corgi`s are. thats the one im looking for.
oh the canopy say`s mini titan (assault) does that mean anything to you?
again thanks for the offer bro, thats cool as sh=t in my book
Old 03-30-2009, 10:48 AM   #631 (permalink)
Registered Users

im not sure about the assault thing..

i did a search and all i noticed (which i didnt know) is there is a clear polycarbonate one that you cut out like an rc car body and the one i got. when i bought this, i didnt know i had an option. i like the clear ones because it saves me from having to clear coat the paint job. but the plastic white one was really easy to mask off and paint etc....and it looks like i have the same one as corgi's..i think it just looks a bit different because the frame i use..ill let you decide if they are the same.

if you dont like red and are planning to paint it, just put a coat of primer on the outside and paint over that..you will never know it was red...on the inside of the canopy i ended up spraying the whole inside black...really makes it sharp looking becuase now you cant see any overspray or tape marks on the inside..

and yea..if it ends up not being what you thought or wanted...but is good quality and will fit the 400, ill go grab another canopy like mine and do a trade with ya...not a problem...there is only a $2 or $3 difference..just pay the shipping and dont worry about the difference (again...thats if you decide you dont like your new one and have trouble finding one like mine.)

Quote:
gixxum
thanks man,
i think they have like three of the canopies left, the one im getting is red. i shot them an e-mail to see if they had white.and if they did i would rather have white over red.
the guy said he wasnt sure what was left. i looked on their ebay store and they have white, didnt see it before i ordered. still no big deal.

i will let you know what it looks like, i do know its plastic and red. couldnt tell much buy the pic on actual styling. got my fingures crossed.

when it comes in i`ll take a pic and post it, if its not like your`s and you like it maybe we can work out a trade? i`ll pay the difference, i like the style you and ted and corgi`s are. thats the one im looking for.
oh the canopy say`s mini titan (assault) does that mean anything to you?
again thanks for the offer bro, thats cool as sh=t in my book
T-Rex 450 Pro
Old 03-30-2009, 11:20 AM   #632 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

gixxum
cool man lets see what happens, like i said i`ll take a pic when i get it.
it may be cool looking i`ll have to make that call when it comes.
i hope this week.
my lhs`s in my area dont have the mini e325. they have like one thunder tiger and its the big nitro ones.
but to be honest i never asked if they had the e325 canopies, but its to late now anyway

so when it comes in we`ll go from there.
if you look on ebay at trevorstoybox store you can see the proline assault canopy im talking about
Old 03-30-2009, 12:30 PM   #633 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
gixxum
cool man lets see what happens, like i said i`ll take a pic when i get it.
it may be cool looking i`ll have to make that call when it comes.
i hope this week.
my lhs`s in my area dont have the mini e325. they have like one thunder tiger and its the big nitro ones.
but to be honest i never asked if they had the e325 canopies, but its to late now anyway

so when it comes in we`ll go from there.
if you look on ebay at trevorstoybox store you can see the proline assault canopy im talking about
it sure does look different..im guessing

a- because its not thunder tiger
b- maybe because its an 'assault' canopy, they dont have the air vents for less drag?

i dunno..its not a bad looking canopy..i like the clear windshield.. that wasnt an option with the thunder tiger one...

im not sure if i mentioned, but you will probably have to trim the canopy so your gears dont rub it...i had to cut off a bit like i believe corgi did. so do that and get it all fitted before you paint or whatever you plan to do.
T-Rex 450 Pro
Old 03-30-2009, 12:54 PM   #634 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

gizzum
yeah it does seem alittle different. it has the side vents they just dont seem to be as big.
but from the pic they have of it its hard to say really. i will look it over, it may look nice on the heli.'
if all else fail`s and its not just for me, i`ll just have you get me one like you have.
i`ll still take a couple of pic`s and post them in here.
if you like it and i dont then we can still do the trade, if not dont trip. i`ll waite for my heli allowance and just have you get me the other.

so maybe this week i can have it in hand and make a better asissment of its look`s
Old 03-30-2009, 12:59 PM   #635 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
gizzum
yeah it does seem alittle different. it has the side vents they just dont seem to be as big.
but from the pic they have of it its hard to say really. i will look it over, it may look nice on the heli.'
if all else fail`s and its not just for me, i`ll just have you get me one like you have.
i`ll still take a couple of pic`s and post them in here.
if you like it and i dont then we can still do the trade, if not dont trip. i`ll waite for my heli allowance and just have you get me the other.

so maybe this week i can have it in hand and make a better asissment of its look`s

cool man..let me know how it goes..i think it will look great..are you going to leave it how it is, or do a little paint/stickers etc...?
T-Rex 450 Pro
Old 03-30-2009, 01:09 PM   #636 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

if i like it, may see about some paint.
the pic show it comes with stickers, i`ll see how it looks and make my decission then.

i know a guy thats pretty good with a paint gun, if it turns out to where im keeping it i`ll see if i can get him to slap something on it
Old 03-30-2009, 02:26 PM   #637 (permalink)
Registered Users

im not saying it needs it..i was just curious if (in the event you like the canopy) you planned on painting or what not..

if you like it and its good quality, i believe i will order one to mess with..
T-Rex 450 Pro
Old 03-30-2009, 02:36 PM   #638 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Proline make a heli-warship (Apache?) esque canopy for the TT MT as well. I wonder if that would fit. But I suppose if you are going for that look just go scale all over.

Re. cutting to fit... i thought about it but just spaced it to get clearance in the end. Get 8 or so mm each side which seems like plenty.
Old 03-30-2009, 02:41 PM   #639 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

i would like to have a nice painted canopy forsure. thats why i was looking at the e325 canopies, their a cool style and some good paint makes them look even better.

i just have to pick my purchase`s wisely right now, a year ago i could have and looking back on it now i should have done all this then.

but you live and learn.
i will let you know and post some pics of the canopy, to be honest if you are good with a gun.
i might see around next month haveing you grab one of the e325 canopies and i`ll throw in say 10 bucks extra for you to slap something simple on it for me. a basic two color sceeme.

this is if i keep the proline canopy. if we swap i may throw in 10 buck`s then to for a basic paint sceeme.
this is all if you would and if things happen has described
Old 03-30-2009, 03:01 PM   #640 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

[quote=ted_wears_a_hat;1216395]Proline make a heli-warship (Apache?) esque canopy for the TT MT as well. I wonder if that would fit.

yeah i saw that,
it kind of looks weird being only a nose canopy. i need to have the assault canopy i bought in hand to see how it really look`s.
its kind of hard to judge it in a plastic bag and a not so good camera shot

Tags
e-flite

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in