Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Electric Micro/Mini Helicopters > Zoom/Shogun 400

Zoom/Shogun 400 Electric - Zoom - Shogun 400 Specific Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2005, 04:59 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Going 3D

I'm having a blast with my zoom. I need some help though. How do I get the heli to flip and roll faster. It takes forever for my zoom to come around from a loop. I have all the servos at 125%. The swashplate all but touches the frame when I move the servos. Are there special paddles that I can get? Or, should I take the light weight paddle holders off and just screw the paddles directly on. I need a faster cyclic. Any input will help.

Thanks
Kenny
Kenji is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2005, 05:13 PM   #2 (permalink)

Removing weight from the flybar (paddles) will do it, also faster servos on the cyclic will help. I would try lightening up the flybar/paddles.

Be sure not to put your swashplate in a bind, check all deflections at both full positive and negative collective.

I can't remember what the "paddle holders" look like and what they do on the Shogun???? Be sure not to take anything off the flybar that will make it unsafe or the possiblity of throwing a paddle off !!!!! :!: BAD VOODOO !!!!

Hope this helps some, sorry I can't give you any more specifics. Maybe some Shogun fly'ers can help. I had a Shogun (V1) that I didn't have anything but trouble out of, so I got rid of it.

Good luck !
Hotshot Charlie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2005, 07:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for the input. The swashplate dosen't bind now but if I were to go futher with it it would. I will try removing the paddle holders but I will be sure that they are on tight. Thanks
Old 10-05-2005, 06:53 PM   #4 (permalink)

I'm still having the problem of pulling out the loop. I can't remove the paddle holders. Would it help the cyclic if I were to increase the head speed? I am somewhere around half throttle which I'm quessing is around 55%. So, I could lower the pitch curve and increase the throttle. WHat do you think?
Old 10-05-2005, 11:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

The only thing left {cheap} is to do the chrome arm bend mod.
The chrome arms going to the flybar can be bent inwards twards the mainshaft.
You must do this evenly and also once you bend them you cannot go bend them back as they will break! Cyclic will improve. More head speed and this mod + lightened paddle holders will liven it up abit. Mine does loops no problem and rolls but it can't hold a candle to my Raptor with green paddles on the outer mixing holes! This is why I am giving up on the Shogun, although it is a very stable machine for a micro ,,stock. If you enjoy it for what it is ,,the Shogun is one sweet heli
turboomni is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2005, 05:38 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Put Piccolo paddles on it. Inexpensive and effective and will allow your Zoom to keep up with a T-Rex. Unfortunately you also need a V2 or a belt drive converted V1 to have any tail rotor reliability at all. I upgraded to the V2 Shogun and it is a vastly improved machine over the V1. the stock V2 paddles are lighter than the V1's but still not up to 3D standards.

Bob

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.

Churchill
capebob is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-12-2005, 07:35 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default PADLES FOR ZOOMS

Here are some pics of my Zoom Paddles it was so quick that I had to put flybar weights
Attached Images
File Type: jpg micro_pictures0017.jpg (354.2 KB, 306 views)
File Type: jpg micro_pictures0013.jpg (366.9 KB, 315 views)
Old 10-13-2005, 01:46 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

You can also get lightweight paddle holders and 3d paddles which are just full of holes to lighten them up. These help as well i have 3d mixing arms which also speed up the cyclic. I do like my zap's performance but of course there's probably always something better out there.
Just gotta love that smell of electric flight :!: Align - NEVER
Klinger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-13-2005, 07:34 AM   #9 (permalink)

I do have the light weight holders. Where do I get the light weight paddles at.
Thanks
Kenny
Old 10-13-2005, 03:37 PM   #10 (permalink)

The CF paddles for sale at www.hobbypeople.net made a drastic improvement to my cyclic response. Installing the alu. swash improved it again.

Lighten the paddles.
futura is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-13-2005, 04:33 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've been running the 3D paddles for over 100 flights and they make a big difference to cyclic whilst retaining stability in FFF. You could make your own or get a set at here

http://www.flying-hobby.com/productShow.asp?id=326
Just gotta love that smell of electric flight :!: Align - NEVER
Klinger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in