Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > HBFP V1/V2

HBFP V1/V2 E-Sky Honey Bee V1 & V2 Fixed Pitch

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2013, 04:41 PM   #581 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Just saying hi

Hi all,

Been reading a lot of the threads in the Honey Bee section for the pas few day, there is a lot of useful info there so I had to join up.

Been into RC Nitro cars in the past (a few years ago now) so I wanted to revive my hobby and I thought helicopters would make a nice change.

Got myself a Nine Eagles Combat Twister and been having so much fun so I thought I would take the next step and get a Honey Bee V2, really loving this heli but the weak link is the user, each time I go out for a practice I always bring the poor old bee back in need of repair.

Only had the bee for a couple of weeks so it looks like it will take time.

John
JohnTC02 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2013, 05:42 AM   #582 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey John, Welcome to the forum! Don't know how familiar you are with the Bee, but there is a ton of good info here, including some simple mods that greatly reduce repairs and repair costs. But first, if you haven't already done so, get Super Skids blades, either EZ or XP. They are much, much better than stock, both in flight and in durability.

BKT
boykintom is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2013, 05:15 PM   #583 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hi BKT,

Thanks for the reply, I have some EZ blades on order but my Bee did come with a set of Xtreme Fibre Reinforced Blades so I'm using them, from what I have read on here both makes seem quite good.

Been grounded for the past week due to the snow so I'm itching to get some more practice time, for now though I'm keeping myself happy in the Phoenix RC sim.

Also done the fuse mod a couple of days back so when the weather clears I'm more confident that I won't blow the 4in1.

John
JohnTC02 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2013, 02:57 PM   #584 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Hello all

New guy on the forum all the way from Norway. I got in to this by a WLtoys V929 quad and a V911 micro. My son, 11, is learning the 4 ch on a coax as well.... Recently I got a Honey Bee V2 from a guy that had flown it for about 5 min and then crashed it. With the trottle on full turn I must add.... The 4in1 got toasted so I got it cheap... almost free. A new 4in1 is now in the mail, and has been so for som time. Hope it will show up soon... Fusemod is coming up. Any other mods I would "need" to do??

Take care all

Ole
helinor69 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2013, 05:55 PM   #585 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Ole,
Welcome to the forum.
I also have a Honey Bee the HBFP V2.
I have modded and upgraded it extensively.
You may also like some of these mods.
From the ground up:

Super Skids 400 and Super Skid Stoppers: gives it beefier skids that won't break and some rubber skid stoppers for non skid on takeoff.

Super Skids Battery Tray Extender: Allows the Center of gravity by the battery more room to position. (Because of the DD Tail upgrade that makes the tail a little heavier).

The next mods/upgrades are from marrying the HBFP V2 with the Honey Bee CP3:

4 in 1 to 3 in 1 mod: This allows the addition of the 3 in 1 of the CP3 to the 4 in 1 of the HBFP V2 doing this adds the ability to add the CP3 Super 370 main motor and if your going to do this you have to add the Direct Drive tail of the CP3.

Fuse mods: Keeps the 4 in 1 and the 3 in 1 from burning out accidentally.

Modified boom: I took an 8mm aluminum arrow and cut it to fit: Was tired of boom strikes bending the stock boom. It is now nearly indestructible.

Extreme metal head and swash and outer paddle control frame.: the metal head allowed me to add the Bell Hiller mod to the head: more stability and control.

SuperBlades : This is one of the first mods/upgrades I did besides the fuse mods and then the outer paddle control frame; these blades make for more stability, very recommended.

Last but not least I use Flybar rods from the Trex 450: Hardened steel.

I hope these mods/upgrades give you a place to start!

Oh yeah also thinking of buying a used Spectrum DX6i and receiver to be able to program the Bee and make it much more to my liking!

Hers a couple of pics of my Super bee.

SurferOfTheSkys is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2015, 03:16 PM   #586 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Is anyone still here

Is anyone still here as I have just bought a bee v2 and after ideas ....
Andypilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2022, 10:54 AM   #587 (permalink)
Registered Users

Not sure what the V2 upgrades have been. I had a couple of the originals back in 2006 that taught me how to fly. With two I had one for hovering practice while I repaired the other.
Al P is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in