Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > HBFP V1/V2

HBFP V1/V2 E-Sky Honey Bee V1 & V2 Fixed Pitch

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2015, 11:53 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Cool Restoring HBV2; Questions Thread

Hey everyone, I hope people are still active . I am going to start restoring my Bee after all these years. I had a huge crash 4 years ago and at that point, saw the damage and quit. Mainly because I had lost my part time job and I couldn't afford to keep sinking money into this.

Nowadays I read about so many people ciritizing the bee and its flybar and how unstable it is and about many people wanting to sell their Bees. I personally love my bee and I couldn't just let her sit there rotting whilst I fly my new girl (Blade 200 SRX, which is under the weather atm ).

The new parts I ordered are:

1x tail rotor blade (cp3/DD rotor. I believe I made the upgrade to the cp3 motor for my tail but I cannot tell. since the cp3 prop was on there and I havent messed with it since the last flight where it was working, I assume its the cp3 motor)
1x Main shaft (It seemed so daunting at the time but I took the shaft apart yesterday and it seemed easy. This was the main part that got bent out of shape after falling 100ft)
1x bearings (in case I lose any or if any don't work)
1x Rotor head (I used to remember these breaking all the time. Are they made out of plastic coloured glass?)
1x Dog bone guide (I think that's what it was called. Thankfully I had this spare on hand)

It seems that my 3 Lipos (1 got for free from a friend that he made himself using 3x1 cells , one powerful one and one stock) work. But asking around, aparently it might not be safe and I don't have any wattage measuring equipement so i decided to get new batteries to not risk any fires. Any idea on what to get? I put velcro on all my old ones on the label for some reason and I dunno what ranges the Bee likes. I think the stock is 880 but what is the highest i can do which isn't too large/heavy? I am thinking about getting this. But there is also this. What is the difference between the Turnigy 1300 mah and the Turnigy nano tech 1300 mah?. I am getting the Turnigy Accucell 6 since I cannot find my old one and it seems to do a decent job.

As for the Tx, it still has 50% charge surprisingly, i did know batteries lasted this long. I contemplated converting it to work with my DX6i and everyone just says that t is not worth the hassle and I believe them. I found the USb lead for this Tx and i am thinking of using this TX with my sims so that I don't wear out the springs on my shiny DX6i, I have never had a fancy Tx before and I am in love with it

If anything, hopefully this thread will get people talking about this beaut again.
felixthemaster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2015, 09:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Still fly mine every now and then, just gotta fly ahead of it because once it gets out of shape it's hard to recover sometimes. CP motor is correct, I can check something on mine if you need me to. Lot of info on here for ya though. Good luck gettin it going again!
Old 01-20-2015, 07:23 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HELIBARD View Post
Still fly mine every now and then, just gotta fly ahead of it because once it gets out of shape it's hard to recover sometimes. CP motor is correct, I can check something on mine if you need me to. Lot of info on here for ya though. Good luck gettin it going again!
So I just spent 2 hours replacing the main shaft, 1 of those, trying to get that DAMN pin out of the shaft. I feel like I pulled something, and almost ruined my tools, that thing is REALLY tight!

I finally assembled everything and I noticed my servos were off. With the blade 200 SRX, you need to keep it level for the gyro to set a swash plate level but with the HBV2, I did not notice this but the servos made the swash plate go highly to the left and forward. How do I change it to make it level again?

The trims tabs on the Tx is no where near enough
Old 01-20-2015, 08:42 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

You will have to center them either by removing the horns and putting them at 90 degrees, and adjusting the control linkage to get the swash level.
Old 01-20-2015, 08:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HELIBARD View Post
You will have to center them either by removing the horns and putting them at 90 degrees, and adjusting the control linkage to get the swash level.
Thanks, tried to take flight to further fine tune the swash, and the heli did it's own funnels and broke the head and something is bent because the main gear is wobbling and the whole heli is vibrating very vigorously. Oh well.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in