Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 300X

300X Blade 300X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2015, 01:27 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Corona 929 servo tabs

After reading a bunch oth the threads here, I installed some Corona 929mg's on my 300. After flying 2 flights the heli became a little erratic in the air. Usually it just the bad pilot but I landed and found most of the servo tabs had cracked/broken on one side or another. How do I go about fixing them and will that be strong enough for flight? Or do i have to buy another set of new servos and toss these?
Thanks for advice on my servo issues...
skifreestyle is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2015, 04:10 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I used those servos for a while on 450s. They quickly developed a lot of slop and were causing some Tarot fbl units a problem due to the amount of EMF they produced.

I stopped using them.
Mikej is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2015, 10:53 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have also noticed corona servos having cases made from horrible plastic that just falls apart like no other. On the other hand, DoubleCH has around 1000 flights on a set of three corona DS919mg. The internal components seem to be very durable.
thruster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2015, 01:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
HF Support

Like just about everything in this hobby, you get what you pay for. If they're cheap, they're cheap for a reason.

I suppose you could try sawing the remaining tabs off flush and make some yourself out of sheet aluminum and epoxy them on. I know that's what some guys have been doing with the 180CFX. No guarantees...just an idea.
Nelsonisms is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2015, 01:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Those tabs are the worst + the bump on them. I thought if doublech got so many flights on them they would be good enough for me.

Nelsonisms that's what I was thinking. Would you use JBWeld? I didn't think epoxy/jb weld would be strong enough.
Old 02-20-2015, 01:40 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'm still rocking my Corona 919MGs. Of course they aren't the quality or accuracy of the TGY-S306G-HV that I swapped out for but if you mount them good on the frame the plastic tabs shouldn't be a problem. Since I shim the rear servo tower, the servo mounting tabs aren't even asserted reactive force from the servo working hard so I can't see them ever breaking. For the elevator servo, if you cut the little nubs on the top side (hub side) and do whatever necessary to mount the servo in the frame tight, it should be a tight fit that again the mounting tabs won't be asserted much reactive force from the servo working hard. I even glued a CF piece to the bottom of the servo housing and the bottom part of the frame to use the servo as part of my frame stiffener and the plastic servo housing is still good.
DoubleCH is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2015, 01:49 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

skifreestyle, I think I have some retired 918MP (plastic gear version of 919MG) somewhere that the housings are still good. If you pay me shipping I can send them USPS to you (I need to find them first).

EDIT: Oh just realized you have the 929 not 919/918. I'm not sure the housings are compatible.
DoubleCH is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2015, 12:08 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for the offer doublech. Don't know if they will fit. I'll try and make some tabs from thin aluminum and see how it goes. However I should probably just get some better ones than mess with these and have a failure in flight.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in