Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > Ufly

Ufly Walkera Ufly Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2011, 12:54 PM   #361 (permalink)

There should be a guide roller above the belt in that location, sounds like he had his tail gear vibrate apart and lost some parts!I think it's part of the belt pulley kit?Helipal has hm1a parts and the carbon blades and takes around 8 days shipping to Hawaii.

Last edited by Stevemech; 07-20-2011 at 01:30 PM.. Reason: More info
Stevemech is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2011, 09:03 PM   #362 (permalink)
Registered Users

yes i believe it is part of the pulley kit but i don't have the bearing that goes in it...im going to order the tail box and the rocker holder i guess i will just order a bearing and screw kit as well so i will have extra.....

bad news on the hm1a head i rebuilt it and put it on the v370 and found out the main rotor head is bent...he must have crashed on asphalt or concrete ...lol....no worries i have another 370 head coming from ehirobo , should be here next week...might go ahead and order the main rotor head anyway just to have it as a spare head if i need it....

i had a terrible vibration in the tail i like to have never got out...the lower tail fin was buzzing back n forth almost a inch on spool up....balanced the tail blades and tried different sets and still couldn't get it out...finally i swapped the tail shaft for the new one and tried a different method of balancing the blades and got it mostly out....until i replace the tail holder its still going to have some cause the bearings are loose in the side plates...

what do you do when the blade tracking needs a half turn ? cause the link ends are supposed to go one way so half turns are not doable....no matter how i try 1 turn is to much on the tracking...i guess i could unscrew the ball and and snap the link on from the side that screws in the grips , thats the only way i know of getting a half turn unless i force the ball link ......don't like to do that cause it loosens it up a bunch...

that rx has no rudder gyro sensitivity pot on it so i have no idea how to adjust the sensitivity unless its done with the tx somehow...i need to some web searching and figure it out ....
magicmarty is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2011, 11:32 PM   #363 (permalink)

Your the test pilot so let me know what you find as I would like to use that rx as well! Bummer about the different parts on your heli's as that leaves them both not 100 percent!
Old 07-21-2011, 12:27 AM   #364 (permalink)
Registered Users

figured out the rudder gyro sensitivity issue....its in the menu under "Gyrosens" Aux2 switch lets you select between the % you set it at in the menu....

don't know how it happened but i have a new set of blades and one of them is 1mm longer then the other, from the bolt hole to the tip......guess its a Walkera querk up i dunno...but i checked it several times in different ways of measurement and sure enough one is longer....i actually believe its causing the head to shake cause i balanced the blades ...i thought it was a tracking issue.........i guess 1mm makes a big difference spinning at that speed....

Last edited by magicmarty; 07-21-2011 at 12:33 AM.. Reason: ...
Old 07-21-2011, 01:12 AM   #365 (permalink)

If you try the foam blades make sure to be easy on them, I broke a set just doing pop ups while setting my stunt settings! Didn't fail completely, just lost blade tracking all at once, after inspection they had shattered at the root.
Old 07-21-2011, 05:06 PM   #366 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevemech View Post
If you try the foam blades make sure to be easy on them, I broke a set just doing pop ups while setting my stunt settings! Didn't fail completely, just lost blade tracking all at once, after inspection they had shattered at the root.

i wondered how they hold up when stressed...they feel a bit more flexable ...

thanks for the tip..
Old 07-27-2011, 12:46 PM   #367 (permalink)

Default Henge servo failures

Anyone having their henge servos fail?I've had three fail so far ,one came apart,another one failed while in flight,(tail servo stoped while flying in the house and I was able to chatch it as it was coming at me)and my last one doesn't center very well so my heli wobbles(it's on the aileron).Wonder if there's another choice out there!
Old 07-27-2011, 03:13 PM   #368 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Anyone having their henge servos fail?I've had three fail so far ,one came apart,another one failed while in flight,(tail servo stoped while flying in the house and I was able to chatch it as it was coming at me)and my last one doesn't center very well so my heli wobbles(it's on the aileron).Wonder if there's another choice out there!
I haven't had a problem yet but I don't have that many flights on mine and I only have two on the cyclic. Still using the stock on the tail.
I hope they don't become a problem.
I thought I saw another thread about people using an EXI metal gear servo possibly the D213.
tkerins is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2011, 03:49 PM   #369 (permalink)

Default Servos

The exi213 doesn't work with the rx2435,the gyro gives reverse signal so you can't simply reverse the direction with the tx,I've tried them!Some guys have remounted there rx 180 degrees and that seemed to work,but they do work with the non 3aixs rx .
Old 07-27-2011, 04:07 PM   #370 (permalink)
Registered Users

on the v400 thread they are pretty excited about how well the Hitech 5055's are doing and highly recommend them for replacements...but they are a bit pricey at $19.00 each but might be worth it on the long run if it saves a bad crash or a injury....
Old 07-27-2011, 04:52 PM   #371 (permalink)

Thanks, I'll look them up,just ordered the rx2618 for my Hm1a so I hope it works out o.k.I guess if I have questions your the man to talk to!How's it going,did you get all your parts?
Old 07-27-2011, 10:56 PM   #372 (permalink)
Registered Users

yes i got the parts and replaced the side plates on the tail with new ones and bearings , also replaced the tail steering holder bracket and now the tail is rotors are nice with almost no slop or excess play in them....got the foam blades in today from china but haven't tried them yet...the v370 heap is prolly gonna be here tomorrow or friday....

your gonna like the 2618 rx the 3 axis seems a lot better then previous models...
Old 07-30-2011, 08:31 PM   #373 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicmarty View Post
on the v400 thread they are pretty excited about how well the Hitech 5055's are doing and highly recommend them for replacements...but they are a bit pricey at $19.00 each but might be worth it on the long run if it saves a bad crash or a injury....
Hi guys, I've only posted over on the other forum. This weekend I'm getting a lesson on servos.
If the HiTech 5055 servos work on the V400D, they wont work on the Ufly flybarless,right?
barnstorm100 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2011, 09:34 PM   #374 (permalink)

The exi213 work with both thev400 and the hm1a but not the uflys , it seems to be a special case but you can remount your rx with wires facing forward to make it work then play with the tail with remounting it on the other side and changing settings in the tx.(Kauaiguy))
Old 07-30-2011, 09:57 PM   #375 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
The exi213 work with both thev400 and the hm1a but not the uflys , it seems to be a special case but you can remount your rx with wires facing forward to make it work then play with the tail with remounting it on the other side and changing settings in the tx.(Kauaiguy))
I think its because both V400D and 1#a are ccpm but not FP helis.
Old 07-30-2011, 10:04 PM   #376 (permalink)

The v400 has the 3axis gyro and the hm1a doesn't , go figure, but you can probably get your servos working , just won't be very conventional,tx reverse as well as gyro reverse!
Old 07-30-2011, 11:23 PM   #377 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
The v400 has the 3axis gyro and the hm1a doesn't , go figure, but you can probably get your servos working , just won't be very conventional,tx reverse as well as gyro reverse!
I just ordered some D922MG from Hobby King. Are those the right ones?

I'll be back in 3 months and tell you how they work
Old 07-30-2011, 11:32 PM   #378 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Hey Marty, I ordered mine from hobbywing for the same price $25 .I'm going to use a Microbeast fbl unit on my conversion so I can move it to my next heli when ever that happens.I'm trying not to get any deeper into Walkera products because of their high prices and questionable quality!I will go with a Trex clone to start ,so many choices and alot cheaper in the long run.I've had pretty good luck with my Walkera heli's but I know others haven't !
Thats a good idea. The same thing I was thinking. I can get a flybarless head for my Blueray for under $20. Just need that gyro.
Old 07-31-2011, 12:23 PM   #379 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnstorm100 View Post
I just ordered some D922MG from Hobby King. Are those the right ones?

I'll be back in 3 months and tell you how they work

yes the D922MG are the correct replacements and will be a direct drop in fit without and modifications to the frame or servos....just use the servo horns that come with the servos...
Old 07-31-2011, 12:27 PM   #380 (permalink)

Default Hk922mg

The hobby king box says hk922 mg on it but you find it under hobby king brand, also alot of ebayers sell them under henge brand but there also in China!

Tags
370d01, flybarless, uflys, walkera

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in