Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 130X

130X Blade 130X Helicopters Information and Help

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2012, 01:40 PM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

Love the 130X. It is the heli I have been looking for. This thread helped a ton with the gain adjustments. My experience so far has been: Out of the box it was great flew PERFECT with the recommended settings. after about 5 flights I was getting a small case of the "shakes" in the head when it would unload and load back up on a quick decent. It was not bad enough that it bothered me though. after about 10 flights the shakes had gotten VERY bad and had to be dealt with. The simple fix was just to replace the "small" rubber grommets on the swash balls with the thicker ones used in the canopy mounts. My kit came with plenty of them in the spare parts bag. (I assume they all did). Doing this completely eliminated the "shakes" in the cyclic. During the initial 10 flights the tail wag progressively got worse also. It started out very solid and eventually got to the point where it was bouncing back and forth during every maneuver including forward flight at any speed. It also started to blow out completely during backwards fight The tail has quite a bit of slop in it and I did not see an EASY way to fix it mechanically. Then I found this thread. I lowered my tail gain 3 steps and it work much better now. It still has a small amount of movement on occasion but it holds very good during all flight conditions and maneuvers. I can not say for sure that the tail has more "slop" in it now than when I bought it because I did not check it initially. But the amount of slop it has now is too much in my opinion. However the small tail gain adjustment has all but eliminated the tail wag so no harm no foul in my book.
KrazyKoots is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2012, 10:15 PM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

finally!
litehawkdown is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2012, 06:35 AM   #63 (permalink)
Blade Forum Support

I tried it and I like it all I had to do was the tail .

Be blessed
Isaac

Sent from my A100 using Tapatalk 2
tntburnett is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2012, 09:37 AM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

viperdgts
Sorry for the noob question! Where is the upper ball of the tail pitch slider?
Thanks
vrex01 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2012, 01:46 PM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

The tail pitch slide snaps in the bell crank, cut a mcpx canopy comet in two, place one half between the bell crank and tail pitch slider. The other half on the on the little ball on the bell crank where the tail servo rod snaps to the bell crank. Also take the tail pitch slide out and place a few drops of ca on the tail pitch slide where it rides between the forks of the bell crank,(just a drop or two to build the thickness up of the little rod that rides between the forks) let dry and put back together. I have no tail wag issues at all. And no slop in anything. I'll make a YouTube video tonight!

Last edited by viperdgts; 07-12-2012 at 12:00 AM..
viperdgts is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2012, 05:43 PM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks!
Old 07-11-2012, 11:21 PM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had also thought about using ca to strengthen and thicken the tail pitch slider pin. Glad to know that someone else thought of it and tried it already! Even better to hear it works, Thanks viper.
ChrisG23 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2012, 03:44 PM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

Lightbulb 130x.

The next issue we all need to start thinking about is the motor melting the frame. Gotta find a heat sink or something, let's all get on this!
viperdgts is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2012, 03:52 PM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

Heat sink for the blade SR fits!
Old 07-12-2012, 03:53 PM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrex01 View Post
Heat sink for the blade SR fits!
SR tail motor!
Jonsgoat is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2012, 07:00 PM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default My 130X fixes-flying nicely now

I have my 130X flying very nicely now, as I was having some big tail rotor vibrations/out of tracking during the spool up phase. This is what I did to solve it.

1. Purchased some high quality Japanese bearings for the tail rotor shaft, as I had a lot of play in the stock ones. Now there is no play, axial in the shaft.

2. My tail rotor shaft hub was not installed true, it was running .012 in. out of alignment with the tail shaft. I bought a new one, it was straight.

3. I installed new tail blades as it threw a blade on my bench when running, trouble shooting the vibes. Still looking for a set of carbon blades, or the new KDBB(when they are for sale).

4. The main blades were way out of balance, made a balancer, drilled holes in bullets and sanded down paint on one blade to balance. I now have no airframe vibration in flight.

5. Greased the main shaft (A) gear with Triflow grease, just lightly, runs very smooth.

6. Reduced the gyro gains on all gyros 3 steps, makes the heli feel a little less stiff and smoother in-flight.

7. Increased neg. collective a couple turns on the swash links for +-13 or so. Also adjusted the tail servo to give me a little nose right TR in hover.

8. Used a single wrap of waxed dental floss behind the swashplate grommets to tighten up the loose ball links and servo pushrods. Keeps these links smooth, no vibration.

I still have a little 'spool up' vibration in the tail rotor, but it is for a short time(2 sec.). I start in idle up 1 using throttle curves 100-80-100. The heli is rock solid inflight with no vibration, the tail is impressive for such a small heli.

Brian Rasmussen

Last edited by Razzman; 07-12-2012 at 08:15 PM..
Razzman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2012, 12:43 AM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzman View Post
Also adjusted the tail servo to give me a little nose right TR in hover.

Brian Rasmussen
Brian what does ''TR'' mean?

IF IT CAN'T BE FIXED WITH DENTAL FLOSS, THEN IT CAN'T BE FIXED..LOL
Liduno is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2012, 01:04 AM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liduno View Post
Brian what does ''TR'' mean?

TR = Tail Rotor
Old 07-13-2012, 01:22 AM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
TR = Tail Rotor
I guess I'm a little slow tonight cause that doesn't make any sense to me...lol

IF IT CAN'T BE FIXED WITH DENTAL FLOSS, THEN IT CAN'T BE FIXED..LOL
Liduno is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2012, 01:11 AM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

What would be the first suggested mod?
R2Destroyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2012, 11:12 AM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mine wants to yaw back and left slightly.....I tried adjusting a link and it didn't help. It's like the gyro just compensated for it and it did the same thing.
Nagayama13 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2012, 06:44 PM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Have you tried lowering the gain any? -5 seems to be the sweet spot for me and a few others.

Sent using TapaTalk on my HTC Evo 3D
Please excuse spelling/grammatical mistakes due to fat thumbs.
poor_red_neck is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2012, 11:44 AM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by poor_red_neck View Post
Have you tried lowering the gain any? -5 seems to be the sweet spot for me and a few others.

Sent using TapaTalk on my HTC Evo 3D
Please excuse spelling/grammatical mistakes due to fat thumbs.

-5 steps? that seems like a lot -- mine won't hold the tail at all during pumps if I go anything below -2 steps.
rhemz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2012, 06:36 PM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yeah, It holds "OK". About as good as an old 401 I guess. It still holds great in pitch pumps, it seems aggressive cyclic pops make the tail move the most. I'd say no more than 10-15 degrees on occasion.

I still think it's attributed to the slop in the pitch slider, even though several users have said they have as much slop as I do and theirs holds fine.

I just got my walkera V120d02 pitch slider today, so going to install that tonight and see if it fixes it.

It still flies fine at -5. No huge blow outs, just the occasional slow wag (once) on really aggressive moves.

It's not very consistent though. Sometimes it does it, sometimes it doesn't.

This was a better flight. Unfortunately my hat cam battery died so the last minute or so of the flight is when the wag was the worst. It's hard to see, but it's there.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wk_va8dXgM8[/ame]
poor_red_neck is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2012, 07:21 PM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by poor_red_neck View Post
Yeah, It holds "OK". About as good as an old 401 I guess. It still holds great in pitch pumps, it seems aggressive cyclic pops make the tail move the most. I'd say no more than 10-15 degrees on occasion.

I still think it's attributed to the slop in the pitch slider, even though several users have said they have as much slop as I do and theirs holds fine.

I just got my walkera V120d02 pitch slider today, so going to install that tonight and see if it fixes it.

It still flies fine at -5. No huge blow outs, just the occasional slow wag (once) on really aggressive moves.

It's not very consistent though. Sometimes it does it, sometimes it doesn't.

This was a better flight. Unfortunately my hat cam battery died so the last minute or so of the flight is when the wag was the worst. It's hard to see, but it's there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wk_va8dXgM8
Just to clarify, being one that says it holds fine. This is not exactly true statement by me. I am so used to making correction on the fly that it almost becomes imperceptible. But poor redneck, your right after watching very close to day you description is about right. It just does not bother me.. At all.

It's not great tail holding like my other birds but amazing for a blade Heli. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in