Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > MSH Protos > MSH Mini Protos

MSH Mini Protos MSH Mini Protos Helicopter Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2010, 07:16 AM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I haven't seen anyone taking pre-orders yet in the UK. If the price is good then this will be my christmas present to myself.
- Click here to view my RC Flight Log -
ted_wears_a_hat is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2010, 04:08 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted_wears_a_hat View Post
I haven't seen anyone taking pre-orders yet in the UK. If the price is good then this will be my christmas present to myself.
Hi I'm from Italy and here we have a site that has preorder and a release date!
The heli comes with motor, esc, blades and the flyberless options included in the kit.
The price in euro it is 330.

http://www.helypassion.it/scheda.php?id_prod=361
bomb is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2010, 03:11 AM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Pardon my ignorance but what kind of batteries it was designed in mind with?

The most popular ones (3S 2200mAh)? (of course it depends on motor - so maybe the follow up question is - what motor is included in the kit? )
clicky is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2010, 04:21 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Most of the videos show Luigi flying the Mini with 3S 2200, but there is one where he's using 4S 2200.

And per Corrado: the Mini will come with the YGE 60 (same as the Protos) and I'm assuming, a MSH branded Scorpion motor. Which one, I don't know.
Vergnügenstabi
DriveWRX is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2010, 02:35 AM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveWRX View Post
Most of the videos show Luigi flying the Mini with 3S 2200, but there is one where he's using 4S 2200.

And per Corrado: the Mini will come with the YGE 60 (same as the Protos) and I'm assuming, a MSH branded Scorpion motor. Which one, I don't know.
Grrr... And I just promised myself a month or two ago that I won't get another helicopter!
clicky is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2010, 05:46 AM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted_wears_a_hat View Post
+1
Old 10-19-2010, 05:48 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Another update today from ElektroRC:

"Latest word on price is with blades and electronics it should be about the same price as a plastic Protos loaded with electronics and blades."
Vergnügenstabi
Old 10-19-2010, 06:17 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

I hope MSH won't go the elite heli way.
Protos has always been known for the cheap replacements.
Multiplex Parkmaster 3D
whisperdancer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2010, 12:48 AM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

why doe Corado himself makes things clear here about?
Old 10-21-2010, 01:02 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote altered to express what I think the poster meant:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribal69 View Post
why doesn't Corrado himself makes things clear about the mini?
I agree - I've heard nothing but positive things from anyone that has posted about Corrado, and obviously the Protos has a very loyal following (myself included). I don't want to say anything that would offend him or anyone else.

That said, many of us are starving for information about the new bird. With production so close to being finished, he's got to have all the specifics in place, including pricing, specifications, electronics (motor/speed controller) options, main blade size/s, and flybar/flybarless options. Some of the people that attended IRCHA heard some things and have posted what they know (thank you), but shouldn't this information come direclty from the manufacturer?

While some may say that he's too busy - and getting the mini ready may be the highest priority - how long could it take to put this information together and post it? Surely this has already been done for the promotional materials that are required prior to launch.

Maybe there are some secrecy issues that affect his decision to keep things quiet (that's the only reason I can think of not to promote what's coming), but there are a lot of us that have been loyally waiting a very long time to learn more about this new little bird.
rotorsup is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2010, 03:27 PM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just remember that MSH is a really small company. Resources are probably very limited and for sure they have no marketing department. Just be patient. It's really always been this way. And that's part of the beauty. It's fun rooting for the little guy.
OnTheSnap is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2010, 04:00 PM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yeah, I've heard that there are 7 people that make up MSH. Not making any excuses...
Pete and Corrado seem to talk to each other frequently, so what Pete reports is pretty much coming directly from Corrado.
Vergnügenstabi
Old 10-21-2010, 04:09 PM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheSnap View Post
Just remember that MSH is a really small company. Resources are probably very limited and for sure they have no marketing department. Just be patient. It's really always been this way. And that's part of the beauty. It's fun rooting for the little guy.

Thanks for the response. I totally understand. And as your response and others show, MSH has fatastic customer loyalty. Understandably so - the Protos is a great heli. Maybe I am getting a little impatient.
rotorsup is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2010, 10:03 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveWRX View Post
Yeah, I've heard that there are 7 people that make up MSH. Not making any excuses...
Pete and Corrado seem to talk to each other frequently, so what Pete reports is pretty much coming directly from Corrado.
Well 7 people sure make a damn good heli.
Old 10-23-2010, 03:07 PM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

I really don't like the way these things go. Same for Mikado with the Logo700. They announce it in februari, but how long will it take ? Next year februari ? The Protos 450 was announced for a release on June 11th. I already sent a mail about a month before that date to ask if it could be preordered but no response at all...

I think it is a lack of respect towards the freakz that are waiting for new stuff, just to make the product a hype before it comes out. All about marketing, let them wait and drool...maybe they won't buy another one meanwhile...
Old 10-23-2010, 05:28 PM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

For small companies announcing things early is a pretty common mistake. I think Mikado lost it's lead designer for a few months which caused delays on the l700. For MSH, there is no reason not to announce early on the 450 since it has no impact on sales. But it does frustrate us fanboys. For Mikado though, announcing the L700 early may have impacted some L600 sales. But the delay wasn't expected as far as I know.
OnTheSnap is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2010, 07:23 PM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm sure there's nobody more eager than Corrado to have the 450 on the market.
If it isn't yet for sale, I'm sure it's because he thinks it's not ready, or had some mishap in production.
I think it's better to have a better product that one that needs constant revisions.
Multiplex Parkmaster 3D
whisperdancer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2010, 09:33 PM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by whisperdancer View Post
I'm sure there's nobody more eager than Corrado to have the 450 on the market.
If it isn't yet for sale, I'm sure it's because he thinks it's not ready, or had some mishap in production.
I think it's better to have a better product that one that needs constant revisions.
+1

Let them get it right first time!

I guess people are getting anxious as their has been no word and the release is supposed to be very shortly. And also the specs haven't been released, that would be nice to know
Mixmaster Pilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2010, 04:58 AM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

It's a no-win for MSH, if they don't tell us that it is coming there will be lots of "when is the new MSH heli coming", followed by a lot of "I wish you had said that it was coming - I've just bought an XXX 450"; if they do pre-announce but then hit snags but release on time we end up getting problems for early adopters and a bad reputation (Microsoft !?!?); or if they do pre-announce but then hit snags and delay we get posts complaining about delays.

Personally I think that they are doing the right thing - even if it is frustrating. I'm sure that there is no-one that would rather get the Mini Protos out on time more than Corrado
Mikej is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2010, 05:34 AM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

The MSH-site (msheli.com) does have a new (at least for me...have not seen it before) section "Spares Mini Protos" (under "Catalog"). This section is still empty, but it indicates that something is prepared on the site for a release.
Gruffy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in