Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > For Sale Forums – KNOW your buyer/seller ratings! No Price bashing. NO FIREARMS > Stolen, Ripoffs and Scammer alerts

Stolen, Ripoffs and Scammer alerts Post your theft, scammed, ripped off reports here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2016, 11:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Ripped off in St Louis :-(

Went flying today and lost track of time so I had to bring my charger, batteries and helis to the city where I wait tables. Normally never bring stuff there but I was in a bit of a time crunch and figured 1 day would be alright since I park in a relatively busy area in a attended lot. I had everything in the trunk except my icharger 308 duo, power supplies, and transmitter. 4 hours later I come back and its all gone and my car has 1 less window. Valuable lesson learned I guess.....gonna be a few months before I can afford to fly again. I still have the helis but no charger or batteries :-/. My guess is these guys thought they were gun cases and dumped the stuff when they opened it up. Do you think they would attempt to re sell?
FiLazer88 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2016, 11:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sorry to hear that. Maybe they will try to fly them and decapitate themselves.
2slow2g is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2016, 11:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Man that sucks what kinda transmitter was it if it were vkontrol call mikado may be they will try selling n registering or going online update ? ?
Trex_600n,Trex_500,MR25,MikadoLoGo5003D_KDE,CastleCreations,Ys,JR XG8,Sab Goblin 380/X_Nova/Bk_Servos, JR TagsMini//Sab Goblin 500Pulse Edition, Sab Goblin570Carbon_SABUSA_X_Nova_BkServos_KDE,RJX-Swash,JR-SPG-Tail/TagsMini_JRX-Bus.
JEEPWORLD2002 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2016, 11:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Post ur serial numbers n what it was so we can be on look out also file report n check local pawn shops. ****ing theives should be hung on the nearest strong tree limb or street light for his friends to see f cutting off hands syraight to the noose don't pass go
Trex_600n,Trex_500,MR25,MikadoLoGo5003D_KDE,CastleCreations,Ys,JR XG8,Sab Goblin 380/X_Nova/Bk_Servos, JR TagsMini//Sab Goblin 500Pulse Edition, Sab Goblin570Carbon_SABUSA_X_Nova_BkServos_KDE,RJX-Swash,JR-SPG-Tail/TagsMini_JRX-Bus.
Old 03-14-2016, 01:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

It's crazy how the common thief would just steal anything. I bet you they don't even know what they stole. That is sad. Sorry you got your stuff stolen.
Old 03-14-2016, 08:53 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sorry to hear that. F'ng thieves. I hope they burn in Hell.
mattbeau is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2016, 09:10 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I contacted some local pawn shops to be on the lookout but no luck so far. I don't think I have the S/N for any of the stuff written down, another lesson learned I suppose. My guess is that since I had the charging setup and transmitter in harbor freight utility boxes, they likely thought they were stealing some guns. Kind of dissapointed in the St. Louis police, they basically told me there was nothing they could do and that they don't monitor parking lots ever, even thought I was paying the city to park there. They even tried to get me to not file a police report likely because they were lazy and didn't want it on their crime records. Not particularly surprised it's the #1 crime city in the nation. I admit it was completely stupid to leave anything in my car in the city, but it just goes to show that nothing is secure here.

In any event, if anyone happens to see someone suspiciously selling a Dx7, iCharger 308duo, several 3300mah pulse 6s lips, and 6s 3500 optipower packs, feel free to let me know. I'm guessing once they realized their new hardware wasn't something that has much open market value they disposed of it. Hopefully they're dumb enough to try and pawn it off though...

My uncle has offered to loan me a dx8 and a few batteries in the meantime until I can slowly build back my collection. Maybe ill get lucky and find a decent charger for sale. Thanks for all the support guys, keep your stuff safe!
FiLazer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2016, 10:36 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Possibly post a want to buy add on Craig's lust asking for those item ??
Old 03-15-2016, 08:12 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

FiLazer. . . FiLazer88. . . Lansing, Mi. Or St. Louis?

Sorry just a bit confusing.

Sorry you lost your stuff but you might want to dispose of the clone account.
Elliott216 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2016, 12:10 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott216 View Post
FiLazer. . . FiLazer88. . . Lansing, Mi. Or St. Louis?

Sorry just a bit confusing.

Sorry you lost your stuff but you might want to dispose of the clone account.

Yea, at one point I think I had created 2 accounts with different emails because I was having trouble with one of them. When I went to log back in I accidentally used the old email hence getting this account. I moved to St Louis in December for A&P school.
FiLazer88 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2016, 07:18 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

It's possible that the stolen items are covered on your cars insurance...
Not an ideal option, but maybe worth a try.
Snakebite is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2016, 07:29 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

get a hold of the st.louis whirlybirds,have them keep an eye out also.
Old 03-19-2016, 07:31 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sorry to hear that. I spread the word with the Whirlybirds.

It's likely the thief thought they were tools. Stealing tools from job sites has been a big problem around St. Louis. Sometimes they steal them from one site, then go to another and try to sell them.
EngSteve is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2016, 08:04 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Now I've lost the OTHER thread lol.

Have you seen this? https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=739593
I know money is tight for a student, but it might be worth a poke...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in