Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters

Mikado Logo Helicopters Mikado Logo Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2012, 05:44 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default 'New' Logo 600SE (my first Logo). Crash Kit?

Hi fellow HF's.

I'm about to get my first Logo (a 600SE) that I bought from Jer_ry here in the forums (great to deal with BTW).

After months of looking for a bigger heli - your posts here in this forum persuaded me to get the 600SE (I looked at getting Protos, Gaui & Henseleit, Goblin).

I live in NZ & haven't found any Logo spare shops here in NZ - so all my spares will need to be flown in from ReadyHeli or similar. Comfortable with easy 3D flying - no 3D smack.

Are there any parts fellow Logo flyers (or should I say crashers) would recommend? I'd rather buy a 'bulk' set of parts than wait 2 weeks for international freight. I expect to crash at some stage regardless on how careful I am.

I've already purchased (from RH)...
  • MIK0845 Steel Spindle Shaft 109mm
  • MIK0915 Main Blade Holder 14mm
  • MIK0840 Main Blade Grip Thrust Bearings 8x16x5mm
  • MIK1344 C-Clip For 10mm Main Shaft
  • MIK1579 Control Rod 65mm
  • MIK1586 Linkage 2.5mm x 60mm
  • MIK1587 Linkage 2.5mm x 55mm
  • MIK2495 Landing Struts
  • MIK2496 New Black Skid Pipes 310mm x 8mm LOGO 600
  • MIK2770 Control Rod 30mm M2.5
  • MIK4075 Hardened Hollow Main Rotor Shaft (10mm) (1 pc)
  • MIK4183 Logo 600 Main Gear 106 Teeth, Mod 1
  • MIK4306 Tail Boom LOGO 600 SE
  • LE-623FBL EDGE 623mm Premium CF Blades - Flybarless Version
  • MIK1329 Ball Bearing 10x19x5mm
  • Fusano 600Se canopy (not from RH)
Are there anything else the typically get busted when these machines hit the dirt?
Rods, Links/Eyelits, Struts, belt pulley,OWB etc.

How susceptible are the bigger Futaba S9252 & S9254 servos to stripped gears on crashing. Would people recommend a few gear sets on hand? Do the servo motors drop power?

I'm considering buying the QUK swash and Tail upgrades (and put the OEM as spares) as I read that the OEM are not very strong & often bend in crashes. Ball links?

Heading into Spring 'down under' - and the start of fun flying (once I've got the Logo re-built and configured).

Cheers - Dave
New Zealand (which is to the South & East of Australia)
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2012, 08:41 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Congrats for your new purchase and welcome to the Logo family!
Spares are ok, I personally would get some spares for the tail hub.
I crashed twice my SE (now 3D), and I tell is not easy to crash as good as it is on the air!
I running the same servos as you, never got an issue and they perform really well.I am not an hard 3D smack but they definitely can keep up a good 3D.

Chris
Old 09-04-2012, 08:53 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Install a hc3sx you won't need crash parts unless you have a mechanical failure that is. helps progress 3d learning big time too.
Sambuka is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2012, 07:09 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

I've already got the new V-Bar, so wouldn't want to replace that with the HC-3sx.

How well does the Herring Bone gear survive a crash? I've come from 450's, and any crash requires new main gear.

Do the one-way-bearings hold up well?
Old 09-05-2012, 09:54 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

it usually strip the main pulley than stripping the main gear from my experience. I have 3 crash due to various electronics gremlin and the one way hold up well. Pulley stripped in all three crash with main gear stripped in only one of the crash. Boom support brace will also break with boom strike.
lamk is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2012, 11:49 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thanks Lmak, would never had tought tail gear over main gear. will add to list.

Life is too short, weather to variable to be waiting weeks for parts.
Old 09-05-2012, 01:34 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Don't have do much flight time on it, but can tell you the tail pitch lever are quite fragile if hit.

I would add tail shaft and boom supports.

Oh, and a uniballs bag.
ziper_it is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2012, 01:49 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

An extra kit

That's the only way you'll always have the parts you need. Every crash is different!
gravydrive is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2012, 02:57 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm not buying parts in advance anymore. They just end up collecting dust and when you crash there's always one part that breaks that you don't have I just order as needed. Blades are the only parts i would get in advance so the crash cost doesn't hurt as much
Old 09-05-2012, 03:08 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziper_it View Post
Oh, and a uniballs bag.
What part number is that? Ive checked ReadyHeli and only found those parts for the Protos.
Old 09-13-2012, 02:57 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have 2 logo 600's, when there's one down, I still have another one to fly with while the parts are on their way..

My experience: you will always have damaged parts that you didn't expect, and then it's even more frustrating to wait for just that one part..

... just my 0.02 cents....
Old 09-13-2012, 06:55 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieter View Post
I have 2 logo 600's, when there's one down, I still have another one to fly with while the parts are on their way..

My experience: you will always have damaged parts that you didn't expect, and then it's even more frustrating to wait for just that one part..

... just my 0.02 cents....
I hear ya dieter. Wjilst I have 2 x 450X for that very reason - the $$$ of having 2 x Logo's would be divorce material (hmmm - i wonder if I'd get to keep the toys)
Old 09-13-2012, 08:37 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cants View Post
I hear ya dieter. Wjilst I have 2 x 450X for that very reason - the $$$ of having 2 x Logo's would be divorce material (hmmm - i wonder if I'd get to keep the toys)
Lol ok, in that case a bag of spares would be a better choice
Old 10-12-2012, 04:30 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamk View Post
it usually strip the main pulley than stripping the main gear from my experience. I have 3 crash due to various electronics gremlin and the one way hold up well. Pulley stripped in all three crash with main gear stripped in only one of the crash. Boom support brace will also break with boom strike.
+1 lamk

My first crash and the main is ok, the teeth on the main belt pulley are ok - it is the plastic that holds the metal pin than broke off.
Old 10-12-2012, 10:49 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think you are better off getting a second kit and leaving it in the box. Pull parts when you need them and replace them when you use them. Then, when you inevitably move on from the Logo, you can at least sell a complete kit to someone, which will fetch a much higher $$$ amount than all the parts you bought but didn't use. You'll come out ahead financially.

Sucks about the shipping times. I don't keep any parts... just a credit card and a phone.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:48 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by -kenny- View Post
I'm not buying parts in advance anymore. They just end up collecting dust and when you crash there's always one part that breaks that you don't have I just order as needed. Blades are the only parts i would get in advance so the crash cost doesn't hurt as much
Same here
kachur779 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-12-2012, 07:29 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cants View Post
+1 lamk

My first crash and the main is ok, the teeth on the main belt pulley are ok - it is the plastic that holds the metal pin than broke off.
If that crash was from dumb thumbs I say again hc3sx no crash parts required. Vbars are for those who like wrenching or flying carefully within their limits.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:20 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTemp View Post
I think you are better off getting a second kit and leaving it in the box.
I tired that, but could not control the urge to build it. it really is better having two ready to go.
Lynx
el guapo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2012, 06:56 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambuka View Post
If that crash was from dumb thumbs I say again hc3sx no crash parts required. Vbars are for those who like wrenching or flying carefully within their limits.
Unfortunately I think a wire I soldered making the 10s link cable came out. Not 100% sure exactly what happended except that the motor lost all power. I've been soldering cables for 25+ years - so not sure if the crash pulled the wire out as a consequence or as the cause.

I tried to auto down - but crashed when dodging the electric fence (our field has sheep in it - the fence keeps them off the runway & apron where I was standing).

Unless of course the hc3sx can auto rotate to avoid obstacles. At USD$580 it's alot of kiwi dollars (this crash I think has cost USD$180) - ouch! The 450x is my learner and basher - been very restrained with my Logo.
Old 10-14-2012, 07:10 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Bugger that sucks man hope you go it flying again quickly. I had a near crash from my own bad soldiering a couple of months back got lucky and found my esc sparking on the ground just touching the wires a little caused a short lucky I didn't just take off would of lost power up high for sure.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in