Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Futaba Radios and Electronics

Futaba Radios and Electronics Futaba Radios, Gyros, Servos, Etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2015, 06:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Question on sbus/sbus2 servo connectivity?

Looking at the specs for BLS251SB rudder servo, it says to never connect it directly to the receiver or it will get damaged.

I would only use this servo connected to an FBL unit -- i.e. vbar, ikon/brain, AR7200BX and by definition to the FBL unit's rudder port. Would that fry this servo or what?

Obviously, if I was going to run Futaba sbus system, I would run a Futaba receiver (e.g. 6303 or 7008 if I wanted telemetry), and then run a single cable from the sbus port to the input sbus port on the FBL as specified by the particular FBL's directions.

If I was running Spektrum and using DSMX satellites, I would still plug this servo into the rudder port of the FBL.

Would plugging this or other sbus servos into rudder port of the FBL fry the servo or would it just default to PWM mode and be happy?

sorry for the confusion

thanks
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2015, 07:12 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Prior to plugging the servo into your FBL unit, you need to make sure the pulsewidth is set to 760uS within your FBL software.

You do not need to use S-Bus to use this servo or anything special.

The servo is S-Bus programmable if desired, but it is not required to use it.
dchekas is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2015, 07:17 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Futaba says to never connect the BLS251SB to a reciever because it is a dedicated tail server with a neutral pulse of 760us. A reciever would output a neutral pulse of 1520us, which would damage the servo. You have to set the neutral pulse of of whichever FBL unit you use to 760us before plugging the BLS251SB servo into the units rudder port. If you were to use a tail servo with a 1520us neutral, you would set the FBL to that neutral before plugging in the tail servo. All normal Sbus/Sbus2 servos that aren't dedicated tail servos with a 760us neutral can be directly plugged into a reciever.
Dyehard is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2015, 06:58 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

so, the sbus/sbus2 `features' of an sbus servo are used for programming it ?? i have a 14sgh radio, so i can program it from that or from a PC via that CIU interface thing.

thanks !!! yep, i was going to say that assume rudder servo center pulse is specified in the FBL prior to sbus servo connection.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in