Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters > Mikado Logo 800 Xxtreme

Mikado Logo 800 Xxtreme Mikado Logo 800 Xxtreme Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2013, 07:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Looking for canopy connection options

I tried using a quick connect on my 800 this weekend that a friend of mine had used on his Diablo. We didn't take into account the angle of the canopy where it connects to the mount, and the clip on mount won't fasten properly because of the large angle. What makes this a problem is we opened the hole in the canopy to 10mm to fir the new mount. Now I have a 10mm hole where the grommet goes, and the stock grommet will no longer fit. I am looking for a fix. I was able to use a larger grommet and the R clip, but it's sloppy and I need to come up with something better. Does anyone have a suggestion on a connector that will work on the 800?
Thanks,
Guy
Logo 800 // Logo 700 12S/14S// Logo 690 // Logo 400 // Mostro 700E's// Whiplash 700E// Gaui NX7 // Gaui NX4 // Gaui X4 // Gaui X3 //Goblin 570 // Trex 250 // TBS Discovery /Naza M2 // Jeti DS-16 // V Control // Jlog // BD3SX// VBar Neo// Lifetime AMA
guyguerra is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2013, 06:34 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

You can always patch up the hole with epoxy and some fiber glass. Just tape over the hole and glass the inside.
benben is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2013, 02:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by benben View Post
You can always patch up the hole with epoxy and some fiber glass. Just tape over the hole and glass the inside.
Definitely a technique to learn. Easy, and very useful (too often, I fear). I was leery of such messy work, but it's turned out to be easy, fun, and satisfying.

You may also need a reamer, if you're repairing torn holes you'll need to poke new ones, and a reamer is much nicer to use than a drill.
Old 12-25-2013, 12:42 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

A reamer is a must have. I have been thinking of using Booya's on the 800. I think I could modify them to sit at an angle.

VCONTROL*NEO*TRIBUNUS*MKS*VTX*DPL8 W/BUMP CONTROL*MEANWELL
Corvette & Copter Guy is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-25-2013, 05:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I was thinking the same thing.

After my battles with the canopy and vibrating around I ended up with the center mounts modded.

I trimmed them back a bit to make the thumbscrews fit the same as before. ( trim , drill and tap standoffs back so when the mounts are installed there the same spot for the canopy side )

Used the left over goblin thumb screw system ( I put the quick change option on )

http://www.rotorquest.com/product_in...ducts_id=98215

http://www.rotorquest.com/product_in...ducts_id=98216

pics at post # 5

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=565765

Seems to be working for me , plenty of flights and canopy not trashed

Martin
Logo 600 8917/ 9188 4035-500 VBC NEO
rcmarty is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2013, 01:09 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I'm not visualizing how you did the mounts on the center mounts. Can you post more pics. Im assuming you drilled hoes and tapped the metal arms that guide the canopy on? How much of an improvement do you think it was. Sounds like a good bit of work. I'mm back to the R pins and am ok with that, but if I could see the metal arms and how you tapped them I might try it.
Thanks,
Guy
Logo 800 // Logo 700 12S/14S// Logo 690 // Logo 400 // Mostro 700E's// Whiplash 700E// Gaui NX7 // Gaui NX4 // Gaui X4 // Gaui X3 //Goblin 570 // Trex 250 // TBS Discovery /Naza M2 // Jeti DS-16 // V Control // Jlog // BD3SX// VBar Neo// Lifetime AMA
guyguerra is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2013, 01:31 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyguerra View Post
I'm not visualizing how you did the mounts on the center mounts. Can you post more pics. Im assuming you drilled hoes and tapped the metal arms that guide the canopy on? How much of an improvement do you think it was. Sounds like a good bit of work. I'mm back to the R pins and am ok with that, but if I could see the metal arms and how you tapped them I might try it.
Thanks,
Guy
I trimmed back the post to compensate for the thumb screw socket ( about 3/8 ) , then drilled and tapped out the post for 3mm bolt.

Installed the canopy and carefully found each center but marking a small hole in canopy , then enlarging the hole to the required size re-centering the hole as I went.

Canopy gets a oring style bushing put into hole.

thumb screw also has a rubber oring to help with grip.

I chose the center post because the canopy has a somewhat flat spot for the thumb screw system to work.

It has been working for me well for about 20 fights or so. I did notice the bottom u shaped rubbers by skids seem to wear now, not nearly as bad as the orings.

What i's like to see is a custom mount for the top back posts that is angled to match the canopy , then a regular oring for canopy and a locking pin system like booya

Martin
Logo 600 8917/ 9188 4035-500 VBC NEO
rcmarty is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2013, 02:47 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

In terms of aesthetic claims not really a burner but an appropriate solution
Works flawless since ~80 flights.....

Best regards,
Heimo
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cover mounting.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	474856  
faxxe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in