Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2009, 12:51 PM   #81 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yep!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2009, 02:28 PM   #82 (permalink)

I cant wait. I placed my order like 20 min ago. They say that it will be here in 3-7 days.
Kevlar89 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2009, 02:35 PM   #83 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Old 01-10-2009, 07:01 PM   #84 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Well i've been lurking about this site for a couple weeks now and I'm very excited for this mod. I'm sick of the stock slop and inability to get the head trimmed and have it stay in trim. I ordered the CopterX head/tail last week and have started to prep my heli for the new head. I found this AR piece for an Axe cp at my LHS and decided i could make it work. I need to know if the CopterX tail will work as is or will some modifying need to be done? Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2262.jpg
Views:	511
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	76371   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2261.jpg
Views:	552
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	76372  
georover1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2009, 08:05 AM   #85 (permalink)

My HF Map location

If you flip the shaft it's a drop in fit... Best move you can do.. You will love it. Good luck..
MTboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2009, 09:23 AM   #86 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Okay. I know the head needs the main shaft flipped but I was talking about the copterx tail and if it can just be installed as is. Thanks.
Old 01-11-2009, 09:33 AM   #87 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by georover1 View Post
Okay. I know the head needs the main shaft flipped but I was talking about the copterx tail and if it can just be installed as is. Thanks.
Opps...lol
Yes just hook up. Nothing special to do and my blet meshed with the pulley fine and have had no problems with it.. One thing that I did notice is that the push rod hung lower so those little support clips couldnt be used since it pulled the rod up in a bend. But this could be caused from my SG90 on the tail..
Old 01-11-2009, 09:53 AM   #88 (permalink)

My HF Map location

good
Old 01-15-2009, 03:32 PM   #89 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Swash range

Hi,

At first, thanks for this very interesting topic !
After crashing once again last month, I decided to order a copterX head. I just start to install it on my Belt. My concern is about the swash motion range : my head looks exactly as on the photos presented here (see lower for ex) and I noticed that it sits pretty low with zero pitch. From what I understand about pitch range, it will be impossible to get +/-11 degrees. On the copterX frame, the swash can travel much lower. I reverted the copterX shaft and did everything as described here.

Is this true or I missed something ? This is a little drawback, no ?

Photo from Ian777 :

ibutcherjp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2009, 06:00 PM   #90 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Mine is the same way I set it up this week following finless videos so it is setup perfect and runs/tracks super smooth but dont have full range now its +8/-6 I think the problem is in the stock tx and I need to setup heli on my Hitec Eclipse 7
Oracus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2009, 08:28 PM   #91 (permalink)

My HF Map location

I just got mine set up this week also and i'm getting +10/-10 but on the -10 side it is too close to the frame so i'm going to readjust and shoot for +9/-9. I think 11's are too much and will bog the head down too much. I have a friend who flys a T-rex at +-9 at can do full 3D. But overall i'm very excited to get this out and in the air.
Old 01-16-2009, 07:20 AM   #92 (permalink)

My HF Map location

I ended up getting +-9 on mine and for me I think this is enough. But I am only hovering right now so not sure if it's enough for 3d or not..
Old 01-16-2009, 07:43 AM   #93 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hello all.

Thanks for sticky my post

I got some bad news
Broke my main gear when trying to change the oneway, so now i´ll be out of flying for about 1-2 months....
Hope to buy a stk frame with new main gears, anyone got some suggestion?
conex is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2009, 05:32 PM   #94 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by conex View Post
Hope to buy a stk frame with new main gears, anyone got some suggestion?
Yeah... try to get the budget together while the price is like this. I'm almost tempted to get it for spares when I eventually wreck the one on my HDX.

The new gear set looks like a direct Align clone, so you can't go wrong for $14. I'm still running the old light blue gears and wondering what I'll do for a center hub when it eventually goes. I guess that stack of spare main gears is going to be useless unless I can drill holes for an Align style four-screw hub.
T-Rex 600NP, T-Rex 500 ESP, HDX500 SE V2, HDX450 SE V3, T-Rex/Outrage SE V2, EXI450, T-Rex 250, CopterX/Guru-Z hybrid, HBFP separates, Lama V4, 2 x Walkera 4#3B
another_finn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2009, 07:49 AM   #95 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks Finn

I was thinking to buy exactly this one (frame & gear) do you think its a good deal?
conex is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2009, 09:20 AM   #96 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by conex View Post
I was thinking to buy exactly this one (frame & gear) do you think its a good deal?
At $69 for the frame and gear set, it's too good to pass up if you're looking for a decent frame. It's a modified clone of the excellent Heliup upgrade frame for the T-Rex - check out the review on T-rex Tuning. Light weight, rigid structure, good servo geometry, and now it's cheap too

The only thing I changed on mine was battery location - I wanted the CG a bit higher and further forward, so I substituted the front receiver mount with a second battery tray, angled downwards.
T-Rex 600NP, T-Rex 500 ESP, HDX500 SE V2, HDX450 SE V3, T-Rex/Outrage SE V2, EXI450, T-Rex 250, CopterX/Guru-Z hybrid, HBFP separates, Lama V4, 2 x Walkera 4#3B
Old 01-17-2009, 12:19 PM   #97 (permalink)
Registered Users

Interesting. That also has the DTS mod built in it, right?

I'm not going to buy another heli right now but when its time to move to a better machine, should I buy a better heli like an EXI or go with this frame change? I'm thinking since its all going to be new stuff, might as well start with an EXI or something. What do you guys think.
alan-31 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2009, 12:57 PM   #98 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yes, it's a true 120 degree CCPM configuration with direct links to the swashplate.

You already have a much better head and tail, so I wouldn't bother with an EXI if I were you. You'll have a better helicopter for less if you just upgrade the frame.
Old 01-17-2009, 06:44 PM   #99 (permalink)
Registered Users

I really like that frame! I saw the set up video too by Finless Bob and I read the reviews too which were all nice. I'm guessing that it will accept the CopterX head and swashplate that I have.
alan-31 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2009, 08:04 PM   #100 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan-31 View Post
I'm guessing that it will accept the CopterX head and swashplate that I have.
All except the servo link rods - they're all equal length on that frame, so you need something like this set to go with it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in