Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Flybarless Helicopter Systems

Flybarless Helicopter Systems CSM Cyclock, Helitronix Multi-mixer, Spartan AP2000i, Firmtronix Digimix-3, Gyrobot, SK360and AC3X

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2013, 11:30 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Finally got around to working on mine. Came with version 3.02 on it. I updated to version 4.0, then copied my saved file from my standard zyx-s to it, checked all the axis, and went and flew it... The gyro tape that came with it was the 3m stuff, which is about twice the thickness of the stuff that came with the standard zyx-s, so I tried it. To my surprise, I had to up my gains from 45 to 60, increase the tail gain and gyro gains as well, to lock in the same feel as before with the standard zyx-s. I think it had to do with the tape. Anyway, it flies perfect, just like the standard one. Very nice for 24$!

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk HD
Crash22 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2013, 11:37 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

On another note, I bought this with the intention of building a trex600, and putting the standard zyx-s on it. But now, I'm thinking about the goblin 630, and not so sure I want to use the zyx on it. Maybe a vbar or icon. Seems kinda cheap for such a pricey bird-

Old 04-03-2013, 03:33 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Think of it this way: you're mitigating the price tag on an expensive airframe by using inexpensive, yet proven components. I'd go: zyx gyro, yep esc, sk3 motor, king max servos, gens ace lipos, 2s Rx pack.
Goblin Speed | iKon
Dr. M is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2013, 07:12 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. M View Post
Think of it this way: you're mitigating the price tag on an expensive airframe by using inexpensive, yet proven components. I'd go: zyx gyro, yep esc, sk3 motor, king max servos, gens ace lipos, 2s Rx pack.
Already ordered the yep, sk3 560, rjx servos, and a 2 cell life pack. Have yet to order any batteries, but couldn't agree more. I've been completely satisfied with the zyx, but no one ever admits to putting one on a goblin. I've read everything I could find for weeks, and have reached the same conclusion as you suggest. Many do fly it with a beastx, which seems comparable or less to the zyx from my studies
And thank you for helping me decide! Your opinion holds a lot of weight to me.
Old 04-11-2013, 03:19 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

yeah that was quick . its sold out
dogtooth is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2013, 06:23 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

[QUOTE=Crash22;4879895] Already ordered the yep, sk3 560, rjx servos, and a 2 cell life pack. Have yet to order any batteries, but couldn't agree more. I've been completely satisfied with the zyx, but no one ever admits to putting one on a goblin. I've read everything I could find for weeks, and have reached the same conclusion as you suggest. Many do fly it with a beastx, which seems comparable or less to the zyx from my studies
And thank you for helping me decide! Your opinion holds a lot of weight to me.

So I flew my new goblin 700 with a zyx! Only a couple flights, cause I did order an ikon too. It flew fine, but the ikon has a few more options which I really like, especially the governor. It can be done though! Pretty cool little unit.

Old 05-13-2013, 06:52 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Whoot! A Goblin 700 with a ZYX. That's super cool! I bet it flies like a dream. Any chance of a video, even if it's just cruising around?
KDS 550 VBar, 550E DHPS VBar, 550E DFC Pro VBar, 700E DFC HV iKon
beenflying is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2013, 08:00 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying View Post
Whoot! A Goblin 700 with a ZYX. That's super cool! I bet it flies like a dream. Any chance of a video, even if it's just cruising around?
I didn't take any video when I had the zyx in it, I should have just for fun. It's got the icon back in it now- sorry. It flew no different really than my 450, and was really stable, but the size I'm sure helps too.
Old 05-16-2013, 12:58 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

FYI. Dynam 3GS is back in stock at hobbypartz.com.
balbs is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2013, 05:59 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Already bought 2
paedbo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2013, 11:53 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just bought two. going to try them out.
jessdigs is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2013, 04:35 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Will be interesting to read your findings on how the $25 (zyx) worked. Its amazing how how this stuff just keeps getting cheaper and cheaper
Diggiz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2013, 07:51 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default willing to try

I just got the two that I ordered in the mail today. going to give them a shot. I ordered them because I was having 3GX trouble on my 550E and was going to try something else, but I have sorted that out, so I will remove the 3GX from my 450 and try it on there just for fun. Will post results.
jessdigs is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2013, 04:26 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

I already have mine on my heli but I haven't gotten to set it up yet. the usb connects fine just like tarot. I also used the tarot software. Still need to upgrade it to 4. I'll post my results too.
Old 05-22-2013, 06:03 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default results so far

ok so I got around to trying to update 1 of the 2 units. First off the setup button to put it in firmware upgrade mode didn't work. It wasn't giving that clicking feel like im used to with tarots ( and compared to the second unit) Then all of a sudden it wasn't initializing half the time I would start it up ( remember I kept trying to get it into programming mode) finally gave up on pressing the button and it kept booting up in blue blinking light ( failed init) mode. I gave up on it. I went on to the second unit. upgraded to 4.01 zyx-s just fine. Setup was fine. Flying it felt just like my zyx did when I first set it up. Have to make tweaks to get it the way I like it. Went back and swapped servo wires over to the problematic unit and all of a sudden it kept booting up the right way in heading hold mode but only for about 5 or 6 tries then it started failing init again.

I was very wary when I went to fly the non problematic unit. I just hovered it a foot or so above the ground and tested tail response etc. Next time I fly it I will verify if the Bluetooth and android app works for it. Which I don't see why it wouldn't.

Just to note I used tarot software with the genuine tarot usb adapter.
Old 05-22-2013, 06:18 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hmmm....I bought one and bought a Tarot one as well ...just in case.
balbs is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2013, 06:51 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have one from the first batch, have 50+ flights on it with no issues, running tarot version 4.0. It`s on a trex 450

Old 05-22-2013, 07:24 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

ok that's good to hear. then maybe I got one flaky one. Hopefully the other will gain my trust.
Old 05-26-2013, 12:55 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Got one of these the other day. Having problems trying to update firmware. It connects to computer software no problem. But when I try to restart while holding the reset button it won't go into update mode. If I disconnect from PC and hold reset it will go into update mode no problem but then won't connect to PC.

Is this thing suppose to upgrade the firmware the same way as the ZYX or am I supposed to be doing something different.

Another thing I noticed is when I have the 3GS connected to the usb dongle without anything else connected to it, one of the led's is lit up. My ZYX doesnt do this. Maybe I got a bad one too?

Everything else about it seems fine although I haven't actually tried it on a heli yet.
LM321 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2013, 01:26 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by LM321 View Post
Is this thing suppose to upgrade the firmware the same way as the ZYX
Yes, mine did. Don't bother to connect, just click "upgrade" in John's software.
AXN FPV
Daddy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in