Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Hirobo Nitro Helicopters > Hirobo Electric Helicopters

Hirobo Electric Helicopters Hirobo Lepton EX, Quark and other Electric Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2007, 11:24 AM   #1 (permalink)
Gus
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Swashplate Leveling tool

Is anyone interested in this Swashplate Leveling tool for the Lepton?
http://www.readyheli.com/T_Rex_Swash...p/leveler2.htm

I have one for both the T-Rex 450, and for the T-Rex 600 (works great for my EVO 50's), and I would like to see if there is enough interest to have one built for the 8mm shafts that we use on the Lepton.

The biggest advantage that I see is that the Swashplate is aligned to the shaft with much greater accuracy than any other tool that I have tried.

If you are interested, please PM me and if I get enough interest, I will see if we can get some made up.

Thanks...
Gus...
Gus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2007, 11:27 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'd sure be interested!
toyturbo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2007, 11:05 AM   #3 (permalink)
Gus
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

At this point, I have 17 people who have responded and would like one of the leveling tools.

I will send our request to the two sources who I know have the capability of making this tool, and see if we have enough interest to go ahead.

I will post what I find out in this thread.
Thanks to everyone who responded.
Gus...
Old 03-16-2007, 09:56 AM   #4 (permalink)
Gus
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have contacted Readyheli with the current list of people who are interested in this tool.

So far, I get the feeling that they are not really interested in such a small number of units.

I have found another person who makes a slightly different style of swashplate leveling tool (but uses the same theory for leveling).

I will update this thread as soon as I get an answer for the other manufacturer.

Thanks for everyones interest in this tool.
Gus...
Synergy E5s, Goblin 380KSE, Gaui X3, Beam E4, T-Rex 250 Pro, MX-155, CF-226, CF-258, F1-5, F1-6, Chameleon, AcroWhoop V2 (2), Convergence VTOL, SK SlowHawk 2, SK ParkHawk 4, Bionic Bird, CF Wing, ThunderBird EDF Jet.
Old 03-16-2007, 11:16 AM   #5 (permalink)
Gus
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I just got off of the phone with "Al P". He is the contact for the other swashplate leveler. He will post the information on this thread for the Swashplate Leveler that he is making.

Everyone who has contacted me, please contact Al as he will be handling this from now on.

Thanks...
Gus...
Synergy E5s, Goblin 380KSE, Gaui X3, Beam E4, T-Rex 250 Pro, MX-155, CF-226, CF-258, F1-5, F1-6, Chameleon, AcroWhoop V2 (2), Convergence VTOL, SK SlowHawk 2, SK ParkHawk 4, Bionic Bird, CF Wing, ThunderBird EDF Jet.
Old 03-16-2007, 11:48 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus
I just got off of the phone with "Al P". He is the contact for the other swashplate leveler. He will post the information on this thread for the Swashplate Leveler that he is making.

Everyone who has contacted me, please contact Al as he will be handling this from now on.

Thanks...
Gus...

Thanks Gus, and it was nice to visit with you.

Hello Everyone. While I'm relatively new to HeliFreak, I've been a member at RCGroups since 2000. I've been flying R/C airplanes for 6 years, and got started in helicopters a year ago. Last September, I purchased my first big heli, a Logo 10 and I really enjoy it. It's so easy to hover and fly compared to the micros I started with.

This Winter, I asked around and nobody makes a tool like I wanted for a Logo 10. So I found a machinist who was willing to make smaller quantities to my specs and had some extras made for the Logo 10. I think it would be entirely possible to make some for the Hirobo Lepton as well.

The response here is very encouraging. I've contacted my mfg. and await his reply. I'll post when I get his answer.

Regards,

Al
Attached Images
File Type: jpg swash_tool_lying_flat.jpg (134.0 KB, 697 views)
File Type: jpg swash_tool_installed.jpg (176.5 KB, 654 views)
File Type: jpg swash_tool_lying__angle.jpg (129.5 KB, 558 views)
Al P is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2007, 09:00 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Good news. I spoke with my supplier late yesterday, and he'll be making a tool prototype soon after we get him the main shaft and swashplate. Then, if Gus and I are happy with it, he will begin production.

Please be patient while we get things in motion, as there will be a lot of time spent in the US Mail system. I will post updates.

Thanks,

Al
Old 03-17-2007, 11:56 AM   #8 (permalink)
Gus
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Swasplate & Main Shaft are in Priority Mail to Al as we speak.
Gus...
Old 04-01-2007, 05:50 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Update...

I received the prototype for the Lepton on Friday and have forwarded it to Gus. Hopefully it will arrive early in the week so Gus can try it out and let me know if it's good enough for production.

It appears that the tool threads at run ryder for the Logo 10 as well as the Lepton, have been deleted. If anyone wants one of these tools for a Logo 10 or the Hirobo Lepton, you can contact Gus or myself. I'm also Al P at RCGroups and Logomaniacs .
Old 04-02-2007, 11:41 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I want one, please let me know when ready,
Jeff
buster1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2007, 01:18 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

The Lepton swash leveling tool has received approval after swashplate setup testing on the Lepton. I'm getting very busy with work and this will very likely be a one-time offer. I'm only going to order as many as I have confirmation of sales. If anyone else wants one, post here.

Thanks,

Al
Old 04-03-2007, 06:12 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I want one for sure - for whatever reason I can't get the ccpm interaction out on the Lepton - hopefully this tool helps.
Is anyone else having problems getting the interaction to disappear - I also think we need better servos for this heli. I am using the Futaba's,
Thanks,
Jeff
buster1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2007, 09:10 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Al,

I sent a PM to Gus a while back, but just in case I'll let you know as well. I definitely want one of the tools. Just let me know when it is available and I can Paypal the funds.
Old 04-03-2007, 09:14 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

To save confusion on my part, here are the names we have from this forum who have said they want one. If you want one and your name is not on the list below, or if you have changed your mind, please post your intentions in this thread. I can accept Paypal or a USPS money order. Please send me a pm with your preference for payment information.

1. prototype3a
2. Arthur E. Knowles *Pre-paid*
3. meganbg Megan Gentry
4. Furron Thomas *Pre-paid*
5. n1lul
6. toyturbo
7. buster1

By the way... I'm fairly new to other boards, but I've been active at RCGroups for over six years. My name there is Al P also.

Thanks,

Al
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lepton_swash_tool_on_heli.jpg (33.0 KB, 256 views)
Old 04-03-2007, 09:17 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Please notice the photo in the previous post of mine as well as this post. We have chosen to have this batch for the Lepton done with a shiny finish. Thanks,

Al
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lepton_swash_tool_-_flat_on_table.jpg (29.8 KB, 202 views)
Old 04-04-2007, 06:19 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sorry, I forgot to post prices. $23.40 shipped to US destinations, 23.90 shipped to Canada via Air Letter, and the last time I checked, $31.40 shipped Global Priority. I can accept Paypal or a USPS money order. Please send me a pm for payment details.

Thanks,

Al
Old 04-06-2007, 12:28 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Unfortunately, my posts have been considered "unpaid advertising" at another forum. I've been locked-out of that forum and all my posts have been deleted. Some people in the list below are from that forum. Still waiting to get order confirmation from:

Arthur Knowles - Confirmed and prepaid
wicked_n_raw (Furron T.) Confirmed and prepaid
prototype3a - Confirmed
meganbg - Confirmed
n1lul
toyturbo
Razmo
Tail_Boom Strike
Ace Dude - Confirmed
hovernut
f-sea
heli-vin - Confirmed
mgivens
helidoc2 - Confirmed
clever
uffe40 - Confirmed
Tday
Blik - Confirmed
Wesley-G - Confirmed
buster1 - Confirmed
pinewaves - Confirmed
eltavito - Confirmed
'roboRon - Confirmed
Nick Radez - Confirmed

I will wait until Monday to hear from people, then I will place the order based on the number who have confirmed orders. I'm sorry if anyone gets missed, but it's the best I can do under the circumstances. I do have contact by email with the two people who have pre-paid (ArthurKnowles and Furron Thomas).

Thanks, and thanks to Helifreak.com

Alan
Old 04-07-2007, 06:49 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Al Pm sent
UFFE 40
jr_wiken is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2007, 07:25 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just sent a PM. I'm on the original list and I want one!
Ace Dude is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2007, 08:05 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

List updated. Thanks for the replies !

Al

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in