Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > CJY Total-G FBL System

CJY Total-G FBL System Curtis Youngblood Total-G FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2012, 08:57 AM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

There are a couple of ports on the Total G that are used for a separate Rx setup, those are limited to 5.5V if you're using them to power the unit. The rest of the ports are good up to 10V, if you want to run more than 5.5V, you have to power it through one of them. You can also power it through the programming port, the pin closest to the other ports on the unit is neg. and the next one out is pos.
j bomb is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2012, 02:44 AM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have 4 Total Gs and of the 4 only one programmed as it should. The other 3 had issues that were unique to each and I sent one back to CYE to rectify the problem. I've enjoyed the Total G that works as advertised, but having spent so much time playing with the 3 others with only inconsistent performance that I can't tust them, I'm removing them all and destroying them. They are so bad, in my opinion they could hurt someone. I wish I could sell them but my conscience won't let me. The GOV and Tail side all work great, but the FC side has been inconsistent.

The instuction sheet which CY said throw away and the videos with minimal info are all well done, but do nothing to help troubleshoot the Total G.

I bought a AR7200bx and instant success. So good and easy that I bought 3 more. I have 2 N5Cs that I bought each a CY750.

I do have a RAVE ENV FBL Nitro and a Rave 3D FBL and they are incredible helis. I highly recommend them. My CYE ATG v3 are great govenors and my favorite.
Old 05-30-2012, 04:50 AM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

I recently pulled the TotalG out from my Rave 450 and replaced it with a MiniVbar. I never experienced any loss of control but I did experience some initialization problems, described in previous posts here. It wasn't the issues I discovered that made me decide to switch. It was more a case of I had got used to the flight characteristics of Vbar on my Logos and I wanted to keep a consistent feel on all my helis. I do still have a BeastX on my T-Rex 250 but that's only because Vbar doesn't fit.

Like you I am unwilling to sell my TotalG to just anyone, incase they have an accident with it. I would only sell it to someone who has quite a lot of experience with TotalG and is able to work around the initialization issue without harming themself or anyone else.
Old 05-31-2012, 10:45 AM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

i must say i am loving my total g...
rotor head33 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-31-2012, 03:12 PM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
i must say i am loving my total g...
Ditto, on my two Total G's....

Don C
Sky Dancer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-31-2012, 09:10 PM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am pretty new to the FBL scene and have a pair of Total Gs. I am really liking them. Rather than trash them, I will take one. Need it for a Ballistic. Nice thing is I don't live far from Bryan so I can go see Curtis if I need to.
pctomlin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-02-2012, 03:17 AM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have two total g's. While I had a long learning process to get the feel i wanted. I never had issues with either one. They have been replaced by vbars at this point and the reason is a long one but not due to total g problems. As a matter of fact I prefer the feel of the total g still.

I do have one extra total g if anyone is interested. the other i am keeping.
Old 06-04-2012, 04:36 PM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'm beginner/intermediate and so far my Total G has been very good. I would recommend it, however, the programming interface is not very intuitive.

My newest heli has a Mikado Vbar and I like that interface much better.

I'm happy with both.
mjcelli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2012, 10:22 PM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

The thing about the TG programming is that it seems difficult until you really understand fbl theory. I was having a hell of a time with the gyrobot style of programing, which is similar to the TG method, but had my Erica moment with the TG.

although some high end gyros have wizards, essentially, you set the gyro's defection end points first with you travel adjust settings at 100. Then you set your manual deflection end points by reducing the travels adjust. In short, gyro's compensate more precisely that humans, so they can handle excess of 11+/- at mid stick deflection... which is added, =/-, to your collective... so if you had 11d (d=deflection) at mid stick and ran 11c (c=collective), you would have 22d at max positive collective. obviously an uncontrollable setting for human fingers.

so the only real difference in programing any fbl head is that you have to set you deflection twice, once for the gyro (per your units recommended parameters) and once for your fingers as with a conventional ccpm fbl head..... all of which should be done when the gyro is in set up mode or in the case with the TG, at zero gain.

Stuff for sale
CF_Machete is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2012, 12:27 PM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

Unfortunately I have now developed an issue (after over 2 years) which may or may not be TG related but I'll throw it out there anyway. During initialization the swash will jump and then a few seconds later I get the "wave". Then the cyclic servos do not seem smooth in movement with very slow cyclic inputs on the ground although this is not noticeable in flight. Then inflight I have had the swash jump (all 3 servos at once) it will do this on the ground too it I push on the swash or slowly cycle the collective it will suddenly jump. Needless to say the Rave is grounded... JR8717/LiFe3000
Old 07-05-2012, 02:14 PM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Are you initializing with some fc active? TG likes to have fc on during initialization.
Corrari is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in