Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > MSH Protos

MSH Protos MSH Protos Helicopter Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2013, 12:33 AM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wow finally got the new rollers and bearings and installed them. I think I have it mechanically like new. Now I have to. Setup the electronics. I was not moving too fast waiting on a new futaba 14SGH but I don't think I can wait any longer so I will start programming with my futaba 10 CHG.
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2013, 01:43 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeskiken View Post
Wow finally got the new rollers and bearings and installed them. I think I have it mechanically like new. Now I have to. Setup the electronics. I was not moving too fast waiting on a new futaba 14SGH but I don't think I can wait any longer so I will start programming with my futaba 10 CHG.
So you went with the alum servo block ,alum rollers and new bearings? It should feel like new for sure if you did... I went with the main bearings and I have a new main shaft and a split collar I plan to use after my frist flight still waiting for those GensAce lippos to be in stock.... So how much more do you have to go befor the first flight?

solex227
solex227 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2013, 08:19 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes I put in the alum servo blocks, third bearing and rollers. It should be like new. I just have to start programming the receiver, esc, Helicommand and finish the transmitter. Then tidy up some of the wires. I haven't quite figured out where I will put the extra wire over the Helicommand ? I will have to loop it together and zip type it? I am going to use these Reaktor batteries. They look really good. I guess I will know after testing.

http://www.rchelicanada.com/electron...prod_1446.html
Old 01-15-2013, 09:13 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi,
Was reading thru this thread, saw some references to lubricating the bearings in the motor, which prompted some reasearch as I NEVER oil my motor bearings. Research finding were interesting-- most motors should NOT be oiled, but Scorpion motors do need oiling...

Question-- what type of oil is recommended? Triflow or just light machine oil or does it matter...

Chief
BHChieftain is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2013, 09:24 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: Maintenace For Protos 500

You don't have to oil the scorpion bears. Scorpion recommend the oil to prolong bearing life. The owner of scorpion regrets mentioning oiling of bearings as it created a negative for the brand when its intention was for the owner to get the most out of their bearings.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
360Wings is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2013, 09:46 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHChieftain View Post
Hi,
Was reading thru this thread, saw some references to lubricating the bearings in the motor, which prompted some reasearch as I NEVER oil my motor bearings. Research finding were interesting-- most motors should NOT be oiled, but Scorpion motors do need oiling...

Question-- what type of oil is recommended? Triflow or just light machine oil or does it matter...

Chief
only reason lubrication was mentioned was I have a Hyperion 3026 880kv which has bearings that need to be lube every 10 to 14flights. I use tri flow oil and grease for bearings and servo gears.

freeskiKen I guess youre one step behind me.. I just need lipos and set up on DX8......

solex 227
Old 01-15-2013, 10:43 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here's what I found regarding Scorpion bearings:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=dRYdArrKMVI

Chief
BHChieftain is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 07:43 AM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHChieftain View Post
Here's what I found regarding Scorpion bearings:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=dRYdArrKMVI

Chief

+1
Good information Chief...
Old 01-17-2013, 02:51 AM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by 360Wings View Post
You don't have to oil the scorpion bears. Scorpion recommend the oil to prolong bearing life. The owner of scorpion regrets mentioning oiling of bearings as it created a negative for the brand when its intention was for the owner to get the most out of their bearings.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
Agree 110%. Any bearing lasts longer with appropriate lubrication, and Scorpion was merely mentioning it to those who may not know too much about maintenance of anything mechanical.

Without lubrication, I'll bet it'll last just as long as those bearings of other brands with similar power and rpm.

PRÔTOS 500 Brain HK-3026
PRÔTOS 500 StretchVbar HK-3026
rchelijc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in