Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Simulators Support > Phoenix Flight Sim

Phoenix Flight Sim Phoenix Flight Sim

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2014, 05:36 PM   #81 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark@AutoSpeed View Post
I'm on Win7 x64

Just bought V5 today and same thing happened to me. 5.0a worked no problem, when I went to update the download just hangs. So went to Phoenix website, manually downloaded the files a-> L then L-M.

I then clicked "advanced" button and "Install an update", selected the a->l and that went thru ok, then did the same procedure to install L->M and that went thru ok.

Then tried to run the sim, kept crashing, found if I went back into "Advanced" and then safe mode, the sim booted and after exiting tried to go in normally "Start Phoenix R/C" and all is well.

Now as for configuring my DX8, well not so much . Getting there, all works but IU switch.
I'm going to have to check that out because after I uploaded everything I noticed a few days after I tried doing a airplane and it kept shutting down. I'm going to try that method see if it works
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2014, 08:23 PM   #82 (permalink)
Registered Users

I ended up updating my TX to ver. 3.01 (was 2.04) from www.spektrumrc.com

Using DX8 found that I need two new models, 1 for heli, 1 for Aero in the TX.

In the SIM I also need 2 custom transmitters profiles if I want all switches and modes to work properly for heli and aero respectively. A bit of a pain to switch between the 2 in the same session, but hey no different than real life .

Also found it easier to copy my 550E(Real Model) to a new HeliSim model. Issue I had with no IU previously was when I created a NEW model my pitch and throttle curves were identical for IU0, 1 and 2 (duh)

So far after about 2 hours of flying, I am quite pleased with the sim

Happy Flying!
Mark@AutoSpeed is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2014, 12:46 AM   #83 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default v5m

Just got v5a, I could not get anything to down load from the home screen auto update. Went to the update on the web sight and down loaded to documents file. Then went to advanced and selected update, highlighted the file and it worked fine for v5l, but v5m would not work. Loads and goes to blank screen. Might try 5m again, load in safe mode, exit out then reload like suggested and see if it works. I am using airtronics RDS8000. Works good after finally getting it set up correctly. Tried 5l to 5m again and it worked fine.

Last edited by dcheli; 03-25-2014 at 10:49 PM..
dcheli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2014, 04:31 AM   #84 (permalink)
Registered Users

Question where i have take my custom schemes?

Hello,

Can anybody tell me where i have to put my custom schemes? My Phoenix version is 5n!
The Launcher will not update to the newest version!
SVrider58 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2014, 08:30 AM   #85 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Phoenix 5.0n custom schemes

Working on figuring out where to put the user created schemes in 5.0n. Anyone that has, please share.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVrider58 View Post
Hello,

Can anybody tell me where i have to put my custom schemes? My Phoenix version is 5n!
The Launcher will not update to the newest version!
SparedSurvival is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2014, 06:54 PM   #86 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Phoenix: Problems (and Solutions) Updating to Newer Versions

Quote:
Originally Posted by TowPilot View Post
Sounds like Windows 7.

MS introduced a new "feature". User Account Control

MS, knowing that many users give their day to day user account Administrator privileges. This is not recommended because software can do harmful (virus/security) installs as well as you installing helpful stuff. Because of course, when running as administrator, the machine is wide open.
People should run as a user and then when needed, log out, log in as the administrator or otherwise invoke the admin rights. While this may be best practice, it is not what users do.

MS added the UAC feature to make this happen as a default, so you are the admin but running with user rights

I'll do my best to explain it as I understand it. Someone who is MS certified can likely give a better explanation and is welcome to post one.

OK, so your user account is set as an Administrator, but the admin rights are not active. What happens is each time an action requires admin rights, either the action is denied (you don't see anything, it just won't work) or a pop up displays. The pop up does not require authentication (password) but simply clicking OK or Yes. Then the admin rights are momentarily active for this instance.

When this pop up occurs (at what level of security you want) can be set by you.

So that's why you need to select "Run as Administrator" when starting Phoenix, because it is not running with admin rights unless you have selected this. Even though, you are the Administrator, remember, you are running with user rights.

There are settings you can change which get around this new feature for programs so that they can be run as administrator without the user having to select "Run as Administrator" at each launch.

What we do at work is to set up an application to have admin rights. This means that as the admin, I continue to run with user rights, but have the authority to grant admin rights to applications on an as needed basis, or permanently.

I would not recommend changing the UAC control panel to Never Notify, but instead, run as administer when needed. You could do this at the time of launch or by changing security settings for Phoenix and then Phoenix would always run with admin rights.

I'm a Mac user so this is the best I can do for explaining it.

Mike

To get a look at the rights being run as the administrator, at a command prompt, type:
whoami /groups |more

Note that the response is "Group used for deny only".
Which indicates the UAC setting allows notification at the set security level.

I'm a Mac user as well. Will these sims run on one using Boot Camp? I hesitate to go to all the trouble if they won't work well. Thanks!
Squenards is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2014, 11:04 PM   #87 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squenards View Post
I'm a Mac user as well. Will these sims run on one using Boot Camp? I hesitate to go to all the trouble if they won't work well. Thanks!

https://www.apple.com/support/bootcamp/

You need Windows 7 or 8.

If you have lots or free space on the drive, you can run Boot Camp Assistant to partition the drive.

If there isn't lots of free space, the partition can not be made, due to not having space to move files out of a contiguous space on the hard drive.

I set up Boot Camp when the Mac was new, it didn't take long at all.

Later, when trying to partition an older when that didn't have enough free space to move large movie files, the partition could not be made.

To give it another shot, I used Time Machine to have a second copy (never have just one ).
Verified that it would boot up and looked good.

Erased the drive in the Mac, booted to Time Machine, had it copy back to the Mac.

Booted up, ran Boot Camp Assistant, it partitioned quickly.

My current Mac is 3 years old, a MBP.
I started with Boot Camp, it all installed applications ran well.

Later, I wanted to try VMWare Fusion. Version 3, not so good. Worked but a noticeable difference between booting from B C.

I never ran Parallels so can't comment on it other than it usually has better performance specs. But again, I don't have experience with it.

In the meantime, Fusion is updated a few times and then, it was no longer possible to feel in the sim, that there was a difference.

I left B C on the drive though.

I was used Winclone to back up the B C partition (clone it).

After all the work getting Windows up, I didn't want to have to reinstall windows some day and go through it all again when it could be so easily cloned instead

After 6 months or so, I had confidence in the Fusion VM that I ran B C Assistant and removed the partition.

This was good in a couple ways. Regained the 35 GB of space.
No longer needed to clone it for back ups.

Time Machine backs up the Fusion VM.

There isn't the headroom needed for two partitions, just one now.

Fairly routine stuff.

I'm waiting to update Phoenix, until the dust is really well settled.

RF 5.5 runs well in the VM.

There is a sim, written natively for several OS's.
neXt
I've purchased that. Works well enough for me.
Others may have higher expectations.

I'm happy with a plain field and large models to fly.

I usually only fly one or two models. 50 + choices isn't on my radar

If you are looking to use a VM later on after B C, look hard at Parallels. Their support web site is 100 % easier to use than the VMWare Fusion support web site. Much cleaner to navigate.

The price is about $60 for either.

Another nice to have using a VM, sharing between the Mac and the PC. Too easy though only useful if that is something you do.

It works. Be aware that the path you need to take will be different from others since you may collide with different obstacles during the process.

Since standing windows 7 up in the VM, I've not had to do anything other than the constant patches and restarts, which is of course, when you are working or playing

A minor non-issue.
TowPilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2014, 09:54 AM   #88 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Per Horizon Hobby

Not sure if this will help, but I contacted HH about not being able to update V5.a (on disk when I bought) and they sent me this...I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium:

Thank you for contacting Horizon Hobby's Product Support Department.
*Please do not respond to this email* This email address is not monitored. Please use our inquiry form for any further correspondence.

It works if you do a manual download. Here are the instructions for doing a manual download:
1. Download the update from Phoenix website.

2. File is stored somewhere on the consumers computer

3. Drag the update file to your desktop

4. Start Phoenix Simulator

5. It will ask you, do you want to update Phoenix, click NO

6. Click on the Advance Tab

7. Click on Install an Update

8. Find update Phoenix file on your desktop, click on the Phoenix file

9. Click on Open

10. The installation will start but there will be no progress bar showing on the main screen

11. You will be prompted by a message that says “Phoenix has been updated”

12. Close it out, open Phoenix and confirm update version did install successfully.

13. DONE.

I went from update version "a" to "p" with no problems! Hope this helps someone...

HeliBaby1527

Last edited by HeliBaby1527; 04-30-2014 at 10:27 AM.. Reason: Left out the number 7
HeliBaby1527 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2014, 07:53 AM   #89 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Phoenix 4 freezing up and crashing

Installed phoenix 4(downloaded 5..didnt care for that..so went back to 4) and using DX8,when in 3D format water will turn pink,start "flashing",then most of the time freeze up,I like the cockpit feature and this stuff happens when in that mode more then normal..thought about removing Phoenix the reinstalling it? Any help please? I spend a LOT of time on sim
Tamaska is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2014, 06:29 PM   #90 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Up dating from older versions of Phoenix

I just want to post this for those that may have not see this. My computer crashed, Purchased a new fast one, I only had the original Phoenix CD that I purchase when Phoenix was first released, I think it is Version 1.5
I contacted Horizion Hobby since I could not update to the latest version from my CD. After waiting a week for a reply from them, they said that the only way I can get the latest version of Phoenix, was to buy a newer CD version and then update from there. Needless to say I was not happy. Before buying it I decided to go to the Phoenix website and in the downloads section was a download to update Phoenix from any previous versions to the newest. I have download this and I am happy to say that I am now running the latest version of Phoenix 5P. 5P runs great and I have not found any bugs. It is a big download, Over 800 mb, took me half an hour to download. In the end well worth it. Thanks you Phoenix.
tommyboy196 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2014, 04:07 PM   #91 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just got phoenix sim for fathers day. My dear wife is tired of me crashing, cussing, then buying replacement parts.

After installing it updated to v 5q.

Everything works great.

Now I crash, cuss, but dont spend any money on parts. I also believe I am crashing a little less.

This is a good thing!

Varooom
Varooom is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2014, 01:23 PM   #92 (permalink)
Registered Users

I got it as well for fathers day!, I love it so far, works great , even on a slower computer...
ks9818 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2014, 04:49 AM   #93 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default pheonix sim issues

I have Windows 8 on hp laptop and v2.5 of sim disk however 2.5 runs perfect but I tried to update to 5.0 and when I ran program after down loaded from pheonix website when try to play it says dx3 and dx8 missing from your computer any one knows what that means or any help Will be helpful.
biglo24@yahoo.com is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2015, 08:31 AM   #94 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have this brand new computer running Windows 8.1 with USB 3 ports. My Phoenix 4 from the disk seemed to have installed fine but the problem is with the USB cable. The program gets stuck on ''Initialising USB device'' on start up and I can't go into calibration of the TX to start usding the SIM.

What is the solution for this please. I did contact HH by email but they take a few days to answer. I tried on the phone but I had to hang up after being on hold for 25 minutes.

Thanks
Ray

EDIT: After more searching on the subject it seems the only solution is to use a USB 2 hub between the Phoenix dongle and the computer.

Last edited by mistercrash; 05-30-2015 at 09:01 AM.. Reason: Found some answers but not the one I wished for.
mistercrash is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2015, 12:59 PM   #95 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here's a link to the update file. I am not the one hosting it but it worked well. I will also keep the file so if someone needs it in the future I will post it.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/104386924/p...30m_update.exe
Old 12-27-2015, 03:09 PM   #96 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Is that version 3?

Hi CDRKING,

is that link to Phoenix 3.0.? upgrade?
I am not clear on what version it is.
driftair is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2015, 08:53 PM   #97 (permalink)
Registered Users

I believe that's ver 3.xxx any upgrade
Old 05-05-2016, 02:03 AM   #98 (permalink)
Registered Users

This is a very helpful thread, thanks for everyone who contributed to it. It's always nice to find answers to my questions in one place.
bradshawkyle is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2022, 11:22 AM   #99 (permalink)

Default Fix for Phoenix crashing Windows 10

Just an fyi, Phoenix wouldn't run on my Windows 10 PC until I upgraded the Nvidia graphics drivers. Now it works great.

Mike M.
mmcmillin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2023, 10:56 PM   #100 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Phoenix Flight Sim

Good day chaps
I have just installed PhoenixRC on my pc from
https://www.rc-thoughts.com/phoenix-sim/
I have a Horus X10S and it connects to the pc via USB cable, I have done a calibration in game controllers and I have two switches setup for Flaps and Retracts the work fine, when I launch Phoenix and setup my radio I can't get the switches to work no matter what I do, I have tried my friend radio that is setup in the same way in game controllers and everything works on Phoenix. does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?
Thanks in advance
Adriano
Adrian S is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in