Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Electric Helicopters

Electric Helicopters Dedicated to larger than Micro/Mini Electric Helicopters of any Brand

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2011, 10:29 AM   #181 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by HELIHANKSTER View Post
Yeah I figured the King would be a good platform to try out the RX2437S and.
V370 FBL head

There is some horizontal play between the blade grip and the Head. I will check to see if I have any o-rings that small. I wonder if adding a small flat washer would do the trick.
I think washers will do the job as long as they dont touch the metal of main hub. I had around 1mm play if yours is very slight then you dont need them. Test it and you decide. I suppose such slop will have some role for TBE even little.
alexaglob is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2011, 08:20 AM   #182 (permalink)
Registered Users

Grabed another fuse, EC-135 for 33 euros shipped, sorry guys i had to
But i will stop here, the first bill came today of the extra austerity measures and i'm waiting one more at least this year, my wife will not only give me eyes but will shoot me.
So next findings will be proposed to you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SD077_01.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	215.3 KB
ID:	253771   Click image for larger version

Name:	SD077_02.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	140.0 KB
ID:	253772  
Old 09-15-2011, 08:31 AM   #183 (permalink)
Registered Users

There are other products there also you may be interested for.
Strange, the fuse has again buy now button, maybe this is cause these are not ordinary inventory. My ordered is already created.
I hope noone else ordered before, this way i have lend the 33 euros for free to ehirobo.
If this is true then must be cause i was alittle cruel to you?

Anyway you can check here http://www.ehirobo.com/shop/index.php?cPath=524
It seems almost every week they put new things there.
Old 09-15-2011, 12:57 PM   #184 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

There’s more than a 1mm of play, but for now I will see how well it flies. Hopefully it’s okay, but if I need to add the washers or replace the o-ring I will.

HA…Yeah you better stop or hide all the guns like I did. Remember though she still has access to the kitchen knifes. Looks like another great deal Bud and I hope you didn’t lend ehirobo money.

I’ve always like the looks of the EC-135. It’s a shame no one has been able to make a 450 Fenestron tail rotor system that work right without a lot of tinkering.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:47 PM   #185 (permalink)
Registered Users

The 250 FP had some kind of TBE with this blade grip play which now seems disappeared. After some seconds being at the same spot it was starting a back move and an elliptic move then forward. Now its not.
But as you say better have it as is initialy in order to identify or not such behaviour.

Yes, the knifes are a possibility, women hearts are an abyss we like to fall in

I think i have seen somewhere a good EC135 tail rotor, will see when i get it, if it is at better condition than Jetranger i'll start with that. The Jetranger will need enough painting work to be as i wish.
As i've seen at the tracking system the Jetranger has landed here and i will have it in the next days.
Old 09-16-2011, 04:47 AM   #186 (permalink)
Registered Users

oooof, the EC135 fuse was mailed today, hope it is like in the photo.
Any news from the FBL bee?
Old 09-17-2011, 10:36 AM   #187 (permalink)
Registered Users

Good to hear the EC-135 is on its way.

I did get a chance to finish the FP King2 FBL conversion, but it’s far from flyable. I have some serious tuning and tinkering to do before I can put it into the fuselage. I’ve only had a chance for one test flight and it didn’t go so good. The bird is nodding real bad in forward flight and at times, it will rock back and forth in a hover.…so bad it looks like a Dolphin jumping in and out of the water. lol!

I’m going to be busy for the next couple of weekends building my son a loft bed, but hopefully I will get a chance to mess with it some more.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02PEq777Ugc[/ame]
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSCN2701 (640x480).jpg
Views:	282
Size:	229.6 KB
ID:	254153   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2703 (640x480).jpg
Views:	273
Size:	238.0 KB
ID:	254154   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2704 (640x480).jpg
Views:	281
Size:	246.9 KB
ID:	254155  
Old 09-17-2011, 03:58 PM   #188 (permalink)
Registered Users

My 450 FP is still going strong.

Here it is in some wind today.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boMAGqx1gn4&feature=mfu_channel&list=UL[/ame]
OnGuard is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2011, 06:07 PM   #189 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nice flying OG I m pushing 350 flights on mine.
hydmech is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2011, 09:06 PM   #190 (permalink)
Registered Users

I guess I jingist myself on the last post

I had a little problem that has me concerned. I was flying just like I always do behind my house and the heli quit responding to input about 6 min in to the flight.I got it down with a lot of luck and no damage.
When I got looking at it and the rx was intermittently going from solid light to flashing light and the ali servo was not responding when the light was flashing the ali would take over the ruder. This is the HK 7 tx/rx. It has worked perfectly for me up till now. I did a re bind and all seems to be OK now.

Is this something that happens between electronics and should I be looking at a new tx/rx?
I plan on taking it out to an open area in the morning to put it though its paces.I am a little gun shy of it now.

Any ideas are welcomed.

Thanks
Hyd
Old 09-18-2011, 01:38 AM   #191 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydmech View Post
I guess I jingist myself on the last post

I had a little problem that has me concerned. I was flying just like I always do behind my house and the heli quit responding to input about 6 min in to the flight.I got it down with a lot of luck and no damage.
When I got looking at it and the rx was intermittently going from solid light to flashing light and the ali servo was not responding when the light was flashing the ali would take over the ruder. This is the HK 7 tx/rx. It has worked perfectly for me up till now. I did a re bind and all seems to be OK now.

Is this something that happens between electronics and should I be looking at a new tx/rx?
I plan on taking it out to an open area in the morning to put it though its paces.I am a little gun shy of it now.

Any ideas are welcomed.

Thanks
Hyd
Static discharge off the tail belt maybe. Spray the belt down with some silicon.
Old 09-18-2011, 01:44 AM   #192 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Good to hear the EC-135 is on its way.

I did get a chance to finish the FP King2 FBL conversion, but it’s far from flyable. I have some serious tuning and tinkering to do before I can put it into the fuselage. I’ve only had a chance for one test flight and it didn’t go so good. The bird is nodding real bad in forward flight and at times, it will rock back and forth in a hover.…so bad it looks like a Dolphin jumping in and out of the water. lol!

I’m going to be busy for the next couple of weekends building my son a loft bed, but hopefully I will get a chance to mess with it some more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02PEq777Ugc
Hi, have you any smaller blades to check? Are the blades you use rigid or they are flexible, it is better to be more rigid as i've found on my 200/250 where i'm using V200 blades but they are small for the king.
Also check the ELEV sensitivity and EXTENT, try increasing/decreasing and see if this behaviour changes. If the sensitivity is too much it will shake forward/backward.
Old 09-18-2011, 07:00 AM   #193 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnGuard View Post
Static discharge off the tail belt maybe. Spray the belt down with some silicon.
I never thought about static, I will get some spray this morning.
With it re bound and working do you guys think im OK to keep flying with this setup, keep in mind I fly my 450 cp bird with it as well.

Hank, have you ever had this issue with your HK7?

Thanks
Hyd
Old 09-18-2011, 10:07 AM   #194 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnGuard View Post
My 450 FP is still going strong.

Here it is in some wind today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boMAG...hannel&list=UL
Nice flying as always OG

Hey Bud could you tell me more about the switch able ESC you are using and why you decided to go with a switch able ESC on your FP450. I still haven’t bought a ESC for my MD500 FP450 and just want to review all my options before I do.
Old 09-18-2011, 10:08 AM   #195 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydmech View Post
I never thought about static, I will get some spray this morning.
With it re bound and working do you guys think im OK to keep flying with this setup, keep in mind I fly my 450 cp bird with it as well.

Hank, have you ever had this issue with your HK7?

Thanks
Hyd
So far I haven’t had any gliching or brown out problems with my HK-7x. Hopefully it was a one time thing or is a possible static issue as OG said. If it does happen again after spraying the belt, try changing out your servos for new ones. A failing servo has been know to cause havoc on receivers.

If it turns out to be a bad receiver, let me know and I will send you one. I switch both my FP450s over to the Walkera tx/rx so I have one I can give you.

Or…you could take this opportunity to go FBL
Old 09-18-2011, 10:09 AM   #196 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexaglob View Post
Hi, have you any smaller blades to check? Are the blades you use rigid or they are flexible, it is better to be more rigid as i've found on my 200/250 where i'm using V200 blades but they are small for the king.
Also check the ELEV sensitivity and EXTENT, try increasing/decreasing and see if this behaviour changes. If the sensitivity is too much it will shake forward/backward.

The only other blades I have that will fit the Walker blade grip is stock blades for the Honey Bee, which are too flexible and not worth even trying. I am using the Xtreme fiber blades on this bird, which are good blades, but the problem is I shaved too much off the mounting ring to get them to fit the Walkera grip and now the blades are weak and flexible at the root. I think I’m going to try and mount some Superblades, the way Superskid shows on their website.

Will do Bud, I figured once I get the blade thing worked out, I’d start with play around with the ELEV/AILE sensitivity…Just don’t have the time right now to do much of anything.
Old 09-18-2011, 10:37 AM   #197 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
So far I haven’t had any gliching or brown out problems with my HK-7x. Hopefully it was a one time thing or is a possible static issue as OG said. If it does happen again after spraying the belt, try changing out your servos for new ones. A failing servo has been know to cause havoc on receivers.

If it turns out to be a bad receiver, let me know and I will send you one. I switch both my FP450s over to the Walkera tx/rx so I have one I can give you.

Or…you could take this opportunity to go FBL
I took it out this morning and ran it through its paces with no glitching. I guess I will keep running it and see what happens, but know more flying around the house an till I am sure it is OK.
Old 09-18-2011, 02:15 PM   #198 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Nice flying as always OG

Hey Bud could you tell me more about the switch able ESC you are using and why you decided to go with a switch able ESC on your FP450. I still haven’t bought a ESC for my MD500 FP450 and just want to review all my options before I do.
A linear BEC converts the excess voltage to heat. They aren't very efficient once you get past a 2s lipo and 2-4 analog servo's. Disadvantages are the heat generated and current capacity is limited by the small size of our speed controls.

The switch mode BEC switches the full voltage on and off at a high rate of speed to end up with an average output voltage that is 5v or 6v. One disadvantage is it can create electrical noise. That's why a switch mode BEC equipped speed control has a ferrite ring on the servo lead.

I picked that ESC because of the 3 amp switch mode BEC. I wanted that because of the 3 swash servo's, the 1 digital tail servo and the gyro.

I would also have considered the Hobbywing 40 amp ESC, but none were in stock at the time. These can have either a linear or switch mode 3 amp BEC so you have to make sure which one you are getting.
Old 09-18-2011, 02:37 PM   #199 (permalink)
Registered Users

This 40A one i got for $9.99 but not used it yet has a switching BEC
http://www.myrcmart.com/rcx-40a-esc-...es-p-3496.html
Old 09-20-2011, 12:20 AM   #200 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yesterday i received the used Jetranger fuse. It is in good shape, some small scratches nothing big.
I've put the one piece skids of the HK $9.99 450 kit with some double sided foam tape just to stand on the shelf.
I wonder if my wife will notice its existance on the shelf
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	P9190067.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	76.5 KB
ID:	254883   Click image for larger version

Name:	P9190068.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	254884  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in