Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Hitec Radios > Hitec Gyro/Servos

Hitec Gyro/Servos Hitec Gyro and Servo Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2009, 01:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default HG-5000 setup with Futaba 6ex

Hey guys, I'm really new building heli's so bare with me please...

I'm running an HG-5000 combo setup on my heli and have been having some issues or uncertainty in getting it set up properly. The radio I'm using is a Futaba 6ex. Now, I get the tail servo set up properly and have my endpoints set in the gyro itself. I'm really confused on how the gain setting should be handled.

When I have the radio set to "Gear" should my GYRO setting on the radio itself be a positive number? When the radio is set to "Gyro" should the GYRO setting on the radio then be a negative number? I haven't been able to find information on how these settings should be handled. Is that how gain settings are modified? Is there anything else I need to look out for in setting this gyro up with that given radio?

I'm sorry if this post is vague, but I really don't know what I'm doing at this step in the setup process...as if that wasn't obvious!

Thanks,

Justin
SupraTT is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2009, 11:40 PM   #2 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Darn, if it was a Spektrum radio I'd be able to help you. Hopefully someone with a Futaba radio will see this and help you out.
Old 09-24-2009, 12:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I re-calibrated the gyro last night, which I hadn't done since purchasing it new. I then went out and played with the settings a bit. With the TX set to "Gear." At a value of around +36, the gyro seems to hold the heli way way better than I'd experienced yet. It was so much easier to fly.

I'm going to take it back out tonight and try to play around with the + and - values with it set to "Gyro."

This probably sounds so hack, but I'll keep trying to figure this out on my own for now.
SupraTT is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in