Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 500X

Blade 500X Blade 500X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2014, 10:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 500x interchangeable parts....

Hey everyone,

This may sound dumb, but I cannot seem to find much on this subject, or very little if any so I'll ask here...

We are all bound to crash, and I'm sure horizon and other retailers/ sellers will keep support for the 500x for awhile but it will dry up soon enough, on all my other blade helis, I'm fairly familiar with other brand parts that are interchangeable, if not sometimes work better then o.e.m blade parts...

Does anyone have experience using parts for your blades 500x that are not stock parts, for example; tail blade grips, shafts, other tail and head parts,etc....?

Just about Anything that, either to upgrade, or to repair after a crash, and maybe that boom I'd out of stock, and some other brand part that we can use....even if it requires some modding to make it work...I'm very interested...

Thank you in advance,
Kevin

P.s I'm wondering this just for future reference, and when I searched for this subject in forums for my 300x I got tons of info, and I have a plethora of other brands parts on my 300 and it flies unbelievably............
kev0712 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2014, 11:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Trex 500 tail assembly is supposedly drop-in... or rather, slide on.

If you're willing to do some modding, I'm sure you can find plenty of parts that will work fine.

As for parts availability, metal tail grips (and possibly other parts) were out of stock after the 500x was officially discontinued, but they still made a new batch.

I'm still hoping they come out with a V2 or Pro kit. I have all the option parts on my 500x, and build wise, it's pretty much identical to my 550x in build quality. With all the option parts, it basically is a Pro class heli.
xenophobe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2014, 11:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenophobe View Post
Trex 500 tail assembly is supposedly drop-in... or rather, slide on.

If you're willing to do some modding, I'm sure you can find plenty of parts that will work fine

As for parts availability, metal tail grips (and possibly other parts) were out of stock after the 500x was officially discontinued, but they still made a new batch.

I'm still hoping they come out with a V2 or Pro kit. I have all the option parts on my 500x, and build wise, it's pretty much identical to my 550x in build quality. With all the option parts, it basically is a Pro class heli.

I definitely hope they make a new version /pro version....I love mine,I just got it from a friend of mine a few weeks ago, I've flown the crap out if it. Now I'm wanting to get a few" on hand spares" because this really is a very decent bird and I would keep it forever if they kept making parts....mine is completely stock, other then I'm using an ikon instead of the BX......

HEY xeno.....any recommendations on a few performance or handling / strength upgrades? ?

I'm sure alot if people will chime in here....I wanna learn all I can about the 500x....one thing that really is disappointing is the lack of cyclic servo options....wth horizon? ?
Old 07-01-2014, 11:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah, the 500x is pretty great. I like it better than the 450x.

I don't think you really need to do anything with the 500x except metal tail grips. That's just preventative safety measure. All the other option parts aren't necessary, IMO. The 500x isn't like the 450x or 300x, it's CF and the airframe is rigid. Main grips wouldn't hurt... if you really want to upgrade it, get a better motor and a programmable esc? Most people don't consider the motor and esc a weak point on the 500x. The aluminum boom supports do make it a little more rigid, but it's probably debatable if that's even necessary.

There are cyclics that fit, I forget what they are, but there is one option out there.
Old 07-02-2014, 09:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Yeah,I haven't upgraded anything on mine....I'm planning in installing ayep esc, I have them on most of my other helis and they are great....and the governor function on them is awesome...

I wonder if anyone can tell me which align 500 metal grips are a drop in fit? ?

Other then that,I think the motor is fine, it was getting quite hot on my setup hovers, and had me worried, but after taking it to the field, and really flying it,I learned, the setup ,4 minute hovers are mostly stationary, and the motor wasn't getting any air, but at the field, it was landing just mildly warm..after almost 5 minutes....

Any input,would be awesome but it seems our 500x section of the forum is super small compared to the other helis and sections, the X seems like the red headed step child of the blade lineup....no aftermarket support hardly, not many people posting.... ....I know one thing.....I absolutely love mine I've been flying the blades off of it and it is stable as anything and I am really enjoying it

Thanks for any input
Kevin,
Old 07-02-2014, 11:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Not sure about the trex stuff... there are a few threads here that mention it. I think it's upgrading the whole tail assembly... perhaps you could replace the hubs and grips... I already have metal so I haven't looked into it.

If you're just dying to upgrade, the aluminum tail servo mount couldn't hurt performance. Aluminum main grips too.

Getting a programmable esc for governing wasn't a big concern for me until I actually tried it. Once you get it dialed in, the little bit of extra consistency and finding the headspeed you like kinda grew on me. So I guess that could be a performance upgrade.

With the exception of the tail grip recall, the 500x is nearly perfect out of the box, for what it is. Just gotta watch out for those tail vibes. Oh, and like with almost all of Blade's models, get metal canopy posts...
Old 07-23-2014, 09:18 PM   #7 (permalink)

I tried the tail fins from a trex500. Worked good!
abaksa is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2014, 11:00 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaksa View Post
I tried the tail fins from a trex500. Worked good!
That's what I'm using, as well.

Uriah is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2014, 09:31 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Someone posted about these servos (Servo option for 500 x Align 610's slide right in a 500x or JR DS821) on 500 x forum a while back. Don't remember who it was.

Last edited by ss1-2013; 07-24-2014 at 12:18 PM..
ss1-2013 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2014, 07:26 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I hope they keep up parts support. I'm working out a trade for one. It will be first big heli as I fly a 300x now

Blade 300X (BeastX), Blade 500x (NAZA-H with GPS)
Txseaaggie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2014, 07:36 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfshopguy07 View Post
I hope they keep up parts support. I'm working out a trade for one. It will be first big heli as I fly a 300x now
Many of the aluminum option parts were out of stock when they discontinued the 500x. They produced new batches, and will probably continue for some time.
Old 09-16-2014, 12:53 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss1-2013 View Post
Someone posted about these servos (Servo option for 500 x Align 610's slide right in a 500x or JR DS821) on 500 x forum a while back. Don't remember who it was.
It was posted that the Jr ds821 fit right in.

I don't know about the 610's, I wish they would but don't think they will there is just no wiggle room for them in the frame side by side like they are.
The 610's are:
.06 in. shorter in height
.08 in. longer in length
.04 in. wider on width
That's close but no cigar.

Makes me wonder though if the guts would fit into a stock servo case?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in