Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Electric Micro/Mini Helicopters > Zoom/Shogun 400

Zoom/Shogun 400 Electric - Zoom - Shogun 400 Specific Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2005, 11:27 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default CIRRUS MPG 10 Gyro?

Hi, I have a Cirrus MPG 10 Gyro but no documentation on how to properly set it up. As it is, when I gain enough lift to loose friction with the ground my aircraft starts to spin madly in a clock-wise direction. I think the gyro is way out of adjustment but I can't find any documentation. Does anyone know where I might find a PDF file describing how to set thise gyro up? Or have any advice on how to set it up properly so it helps rather than hinders my attempt to get off the ground?

Thanks!
Pete
peterh is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2005, 06:23 AM   #2 (permalink)

Usually this is a sign of having the gryo installed in the reversed direction. If there is a small switch on the gyro with Norm and Rev on it, try the opposite setting.

In order to prevent you from crashing before you have actually had a moment to fly, test it without the motor on.

If the gyro is installed on a zoom/shogun, check the following: Radio ON, Helicopter ON, motor OFF, take the helicopter by the main rotor and twist the tail counter clockwise, your tailservo should push the pushrod (that goes to the tailrotor) towards the tail. If it goes in the opposite direction, which I think it does, you should reverse the gyro by turning it upside down (180 degrees). Looking at a picture of that gyro, it looks very similar to the gyro that Protech is selling, that one needs to be on the side of the frame, just like in the manual of the helicopter.
RCMADHELI is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-21-2005, 06:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply. I'll check this later tonight and post an update. This bird flew before but with a different radio and different receiver so perhaps this is the problem... boy wouldn't THAT be nice! :-)

Pete
Old 06-21-2005, 10:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Well... so much for that problem. I took care of it the hard way....

I actually tested the gyro as you suggested. It was in fact, pushing the pushrod towards the rear. I adjusted the rotor on the shaft and tightened it down again, and turned down the gain on the gyro and gave it a try. Got it in the air several times with some degree of control and the gyro kept close to a reasonable heading. It still wasn't locking on and controlling the heading like I think it should.

But all of that is in the past now... my experiments ended suddenly when I "landed" harder than I should and the tail was struck by the main rotor. Not sure exactly what happend but I have damage to all of the tail, and the main rotor head is missing a few parts.

Think this will be my new hanger queen and I'll buy a stripped frame and transfer the electronics. Meanwhile, its back to my fixed wing aircraft for a while.

Thanks for your help.
Pete
Attached Images
File Type: gif thecadaver.gif (104.1 KB, 141 views)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in