Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2015, 03:59 AM   #681 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Yeah, that's exactly it. It just isn't anything like as quick as the 450, but that is what I have read and expect to an extent. But this doesn't feel right, too slow, just nothing as I start to move the stick, and it seems to take a life time to respond when your that close to the ground. I'm convinced it should be more responsive. But still too inexperienced with a nitro to draw any conclusions myself, gain confidence and move on. They are only best guesses!! Not got to the stage of checking HS yet, but the process of elimination is pointing me in that direction now, after I checked my t.curves. Think I should be aiming for about 1900-2100, based on what I read so far.

I do have a gov onboard, but Gaz set it to manual mode so I could run V curves, as we couldn't confirm the sensor was working. The idea being that I can go back to it once I got it flying and tuned. Which is obviously the bit I'm still stuck on, as it doesn't seem to fly right!

Think that vid was recorded at Weston park, as I recognise the commentators voice and when he goes through the trees! God knows why they paired it with me, unless there is a history of me watching videos from when I went to Weston?

Been reading through the 600N forum about throttle curves, and some even suggest a variance of up to 35% in their V curve. My variance is only 20%, so makes my theory more doubtful.

Think I'm only gonna sort this out now by going down the club with someone more experienced. Hopefully Tony, as he's got experience with nitro and kasama heads!! Gonna sit tight and wait for the spares now!!
TRex600N, Kasama Head, OS50SX
copterboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2015, 06:05 PM   #682 (permalink)
Registered Users

BANG BANG......trigger pulled on the new tail pulley. Plus the arms, balls and links I need for the FBL conversion

Got out with the 450 a couple of times, but the attempts at filming it are a complete write off! Angle completly wrong. Having it attached to the TX and trying to follow is just a distraction to flying, so needs another rethink! It didn't seem to have as much pop this time, and the tail bouncing a bit. Signs of a lower HS. Hoping its not the batteries already, but I'll try and remember to check HS, pitch range, IU1&2 curves, and play around with the 3DH settings next time. Still, couldn't complain about the flying. Because it was feeling a little docile, I managed to impress myself by accidentally doing a nice steady rainbow instead of ELEV tic-toks
Old 06-17-2015, 09:54 AM   #683 (permalink)
Registered Users

Oh what to do about a FBL controller.

Just can't help but drool over the rescue mode of the VBar NEO. Happy to go with the Vortex also, but don't like the idea of an unlimited wait for the Rescue mode! Almost ready to pull the trigger
Old 06-19-2015, 07:50 AM   #684 (permalink)
Registered Users

Got my tail fixed up and gone over everything. Decided to replace the lower main gear as the existing one looked like it had warped slightly, and I had a spare one that came with it

Whilst doing that I noticed the main shaft locking ring appears to be rubbing against the upper bearing block, so that needs some investigation as to why the marks are there. Maybe if I can find a shim to raise the locking ring 0.5mm, that'll fix it.

Think I got my mind made up on the FBL unit now, and probably go with the Vortex VX1n. Just hope it will support the rescue mode, if/when it get's released.

Hopefully, will get another test done during the course of the weekend, hopefully tomorrow if weather permits. But, noticed Weston is on this weekend, might go on Sunday and take Jack for my Fathers Day treat Will have to see if car's available and what the weatherman says!!
Old 06-19-2015, 07:30 PM   #685 (permalink)
Registered Users

Trigger pulled now! went with the VX1n.

Should be here middle of next week, which is also the last weekend at the old club. The guys have found a new field with an actual old runway, which looks good, and a little closer for me. Would be good to get this collective pitch response sorted out once and for all then crack on with the conversion the week after
Old 06-20-2015, 04:14 AM   #686 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

sutty is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2015, 08:20 AM   #687 (permalink)
Registered Users

Excited! Better get reading up £250 all in. Had the plastic links in stock already.

Old 06-23-2015, 11:34 AM   #688 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Woo hoo. I'm excited too. Hope you can get those grips sorted.

Cheers

Sutty
Old 06-23-2015, 11:50 AM   #689 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

By the way Denis, Angelos never replied to my PM about the Vortex, so I guess we'll know only when we know. Too late now anyway, since the trigger has been pulled. Either way I know you're gonna love it.

Cheers

Sutty

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in