Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Gaui Helicopters > Hurricane 550

Hurricane 550 Discussion and support of the Gaui Hurricane 550

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2007, 07:39 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Missing Washer

The very thin washer that goes between the outer bearing & the small ID thrust race seems to be missing from one side of my main blade grips.

Following the excellent Finless vids & setting up the head, I realised it was missing from the first side when I took apart the second side & noticed there was an 'extra' washer there that wasn't in the first blade grip. I don't think I lost it when taking it apart as I'm working on a nice clean bench & can't find it on the floor or anywhere, so have to asume it was missing in the first place.

Anyway, will it missing on one side cause me any problems?

I can't find it listed as a spare part in the manual, so I can't order one, & am not sure how vital it is anyway. Maybe it comes as part of another item?

The blade grips still tighten up fine & are nice & free, so I believe it's OK to use as is, but as a washer should be there for some reason I thought it wise to ask.

I assume the washer is just to stop the outer small ID thrust ring from rubbing on the outer ring of the outermost ball bearing? Which it just does when viewed together on the shaft out of the model, it's just a fraction smaller OD. Maybe it can rub under load though? it is very close...
ukpaul is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2007, 12:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

YOu might get by without it but I would remove it from the other side as well so you dont have an balance problem.
Check the bearings after a few flights to be sure something isnt getting tore up! Throwing a grip is not fun and is dangerous!

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in