Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Batteries and Charging Support > LiIon, LiPo, NiCd & NiMh General

LiIon, LiPo, NiCd & NiMh General General Battery Support

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2010, 09:49 AM   #121 (permalink)
Registered Users

Looks like I'll be waiting a while. I should have gone with Heli Command.
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2010, 03:24 PM   #122 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyHeliDude View Post
Hi:

Just wanted to let you know we're going to expedite this situation. Sorry for the problems. Someone will contact you from our office tomorrow with regard to the defective programmer and we'll turn one around for you probably same day.

Sincerely,

Tim Marks
Tim Marks is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2010, 03:57 PM   #123 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Now hows that for Customer Service..

The President jumps all over it!!!

BTW CHD,

Ask Tim about his experience with my Airwolf HC3A

nightflyr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2010, 05:03 PM   #124 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thank you I appreciate that.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:18 PM   #125 (permalink)
Registered Users

@CrazyHeliDude
I just installed my Co-Pilot last night and flew today. I have the same issues as you do. Helicommand seems to work but it does it very slowly.

So I'm very much interested in what's going to happen with yours CPII setup now that you've moved things back.

I was hoping it would do something like this:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvMgkC6qg_8&feature=related[/ame]

But the recovery time on my CPII setup is a whole lot slower.

I'll be getting an extension for the main sensor and putting it back further down the boom. Bug if you take a look at the video - his sensor placement is about the same as yours and mine.

I'll fly it later today and give you an update.

@NightFlyr
Thanks for the thread and the info - you truly are an invaluable asset to the Flight Community. Your thread help me setup my Co-Pilot with relative ease.

I hope CPII compensates you for it. Hehe.
cinemacell is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2010, 08:43 PM   #126 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinemacell View Post
@CrazyHeliDude
I just installed my Co-Pilot last night and flew today. I have the same issues as you do. Helicommand seems to work but it does it very slowly.

So I'm very much interested in what's going to happen with yours CPII setup now that you've moved things back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvMgk...eature=related

I'll be getting an extension for the main sensor and putting it back further down the boom. Bug if you take a look at the video - his sensor placement is about the same as yours and mine.

@NightFlyr
Thanks for the thread and the info - you truly are an invaluable asset to the Flight Community. Your thread help me setup my Co-Pilot with relative ease.

I hope CPII compensates you for it. Hehe.
If your getting slow response time from the CPII..
A few things to check.
Travel limits on your servo's
Gain adjustments
Also something that you may have missed....
During quick setup when you "teach" the CPII your stick movements do them in 2 seconds and check the programmer to see if it reads 99%, If it done too slowly, the CPII only sees a partial stick movement which will limit it in it's performance.

Old 09-03-2010, 12:47 PM   #127 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok so here's what happened.

I didn't manage to move the main sensor back further down the boom - I bought 2 servo extensions that were far too long so decided to forgo using them.

I flew more today with copilot on and miraculously seems to be working fine - except for forward leveling, which is still quite slow, but then again the weather here is pretty bad with really low storm clouds.

In fact I was trying to get another flight, but during pre-checking copilot would warn that it was "poor weather for copliot". Getting that warning over and over again made me decide to not fly anymore - good thing too cause about 2 minutes of that decision the wind started to blow really hard and the really really low storm clouds came rushing in along with the rain. It was as if copilot knew this storm was coming in fast and was saying "Buddy the storm is like two minutes away - go home." haha.

Anyways, will do more testing tomorrow, and will definitely add an extension to the existing cables of the main sensor - if only to route it around the vertical sensor - since the way it's setup at the moment it's in the way of the IR window of the V sensor.

I have a couple of questions:

1) My current gain is set to 70%, stick priority 100% is this a good setting to learn on? Should I lower the gain setting through the IR programmer down lower to say 49% ?

2) If I turn copilot off through the RcTX, then fly the heli and find myself starting to plummet to the ground - if I flip the on switch on the RcTX would copilot engage and level the bird?

I'm mainly learning how to fly for AP purposes and having copilot is super rad for it - excited to fly tom and test it out.

Cheers!
cinemacell is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2010, 01:03 PM   #128 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Ok so here's what happened.

I didn't manage to move the main sensor back further down the boom - I bought 2 servo extensions that were far too long so decided to forgo using them.

I flew more today with copilot on and miraculously seems to be working fine - except for forward leveling, which is still quite slow, but then again the weather here is pretty bad with really low storm clouds.

In fact I was trying to get another flight, but during pre-checking copilot would warn that it was "poor weather for copliot". Getting that warning over and over again made me decide to not fly anymore - good thing too cause about 2 minutes of that decision the wind started to blow really hard and the really really low storm clouds came rushing in along with the rain. It was as if copilot knew this storm was coming in fast and was saying "Buddy the storm is like two minutes away - go home." haha.

Anyways, will do more testing tomorrow, and will definitely add an extension to the existing cables of the main sensor - if only to route it around the vertical sensor - since the way it's setup at the moment it's in the way of the IR window of the V sensor.

1) My current gain is set to 70%, stick priority 100% is this a good setting to learn on? Should I lower the gain setting through the IR programmer down lower to say 49% ?

Which gain is set @ 70%...there are 2 gain setting in the CPII or are you talking about the end point setting in your Tx??
Default setting are 70%, 50% and 6 on auto trim and 100 for SP

2) If I turn copilot off through the RcTX, then fly the heli and find myself starting to plummet to the ground - if I flip the on switch on the RcTX would copilot engage and level the bird?

Yes but the speed of recovery is dependent on how extreme the angle of the helicopter is

I'm mainly learning how to fly for AP purposes and having copilot is super rad for it - excited to fly tom and test it out.

Cheers!

Which gain is set @ 70%...there are 2 gain setting in the CPII or are you talking about the end point setting in your Tx??
Default setting are 70%, 50% and 6 on auto trim and 100 for SP

Yes but the speed of recovery is dependent on how extreme the angle of the helicopter is

Old 09-03-2010, 03:18 PM   #129 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
@CrazyHeliDude

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvMgk...eature=related

I remember watching that vid before I got my CPII. It was one of the convincers for me. I too am ultimately going to migrate this to my AP ship as soon as I get the "feel" for how it works on the 400.

I also moved the main sensor back to my horizontal stabilizer and mounted it atop the fin with gyro mounting foam/tape.

When I get my programmer I'm going to play with the gains and max servo travel to see what I can do. Like Nightflyr said, the rate of recovery is linked to the degree of attitude error when the stick is centered. So I'll take it up higher and roll the thing over then center the stick to see how fast it recovers. Will post my settings and reports as things progress.
Old 09-03-2010, 04:09 PM   #130 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I remember watching that vid before I got my CPII. It was one of the convincers for me. I too am ultimately going to migrate this to my AP ship as soon as I get the "feel" for how it works on the 400.

I also moved the main sensor back to my horizontal stabilizer and mounted it atop the fin with gyro mounting foam/tape.

When I get my programmer I'm going to play with the gains and max servo travel to see what I can do. Like Nightflyr said, the rate of recovery is linked to the degree of attitude error when the stick is centered. So I'll take it up higher and roll the thing over then center the stick to see how fast it recovers. Will post my settings and reports as things progress.

If you wanna see it level fast take it up flying with it off roll it over steep and then turn it on(as long as emergency recover is enabled!!)
T-Rex 800DFC Pro, 700LTOP, 700L Night, 550V2, 470LT, 250DFC, Oxy-2 x2, 3 x2, 4, Goblin 500 Sport(soon), Fireball x2, Blade 230s Night, 180CFX, MCPS, Nano CPX & NQX2 FPV, Vortex 250, Inductrix FPV. K110 Cars/Trucks/Planes AMA#L965241, Part 107 Pilot
#iamundeservedlyblessedandiknowit
TeeJayShelton is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2010, 12:34 AM   #131 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeJayShelton View Post
If you wanna see it level fast take it up flying with it off roll it over steep and then turn it on(as long as emergency recover is enabled!!)
So true TeeJay

At our Sept 18 fun fly, I'm putting the 600n up and getting into trouble on purpose, flip the OMG switch and all my buddies will think the blade barks will be because Mel has come so far in so little time

Now if I could figure out a way to hide those dang sensors, Night, Tim?

Mel

Last edited by Navigator53; 09-04-2010 at 09:25 AM..
Navigator53 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2010, 12:56 AM   #132 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
I can understand your frustration

But the RC community has been awakened to this "go fly without crashing" technology.

Worldwide demand is high and will only get more so as we share it those we fly with.

Our club has gone from my one, to over a dozen CP's and will continue to grow.

I've had Helicommad Rigid for over a year, bought it for AP, great product, no question about it.

But for what I paid for HC, I could have bought 4 CP's

And........ HC doesn't know up from down when I'm in trouble, which happens most times I fly,

When flying HC now, I'm a little scared of crashing, not so with CP

Plus, I've never experienced the product support as I have with FMA Co-Pilot even though it way easier to set up than HC

Hmmmmmm..... Patient now we must be, programmer on the way, it will be so....

Mel
Old 09-04-2010, 01:00 AM   #133 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflyr View Post
BTW CHD,

Ask Tim about his experience with my Airwolf HC3A
Tim???

You're up

No hiding now, we know what you look like thanks to Night

Fess up Buddy

Mel
Old 09-04-2010, 11:21 AM   #134 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navigator53 View Post
I can understand your frustration

But the RC community has been awakened to this "go fly without crashing" technology.

Worldwide demand is high and will only get more so as we share it those we fly with.

Our club has gone from my one, to over a dozen CP's and will continue to grow.

I've had Helicommad Rigid for over a year, bought it for AP, great product, no question about it.

But for what I paid for HC, I could have bought 4 CP's

And........ HC doesn't know up from down when I'm in trouble, which happens most times I fly,

When flying HC now, I'm a little scared of crashing, not so with CP

Plus, I've never experienced the product support as I have with FMA Co-Pilot even though it way easier to set up than HC

Hmmmmmm..... Patient now we must be, programmer on the way, it will be so....

Mel
Heya Navigator and present company, I think what you're saying about CPII is absolutely correct and I just wanted to make sure I set the record straight here. Like most others here, I've seen a lot of vids of CPII in action, enough to know it HAS to be a good system. There are too many rave reviews and visual proofs about the thing to say otherwise. And I do NOT regret my decision to buy it, quite the contrary I'm glad I did.

As for my prior statement I think, at the time anyway, I was just tipped back on my heels a bit when I seemed to be having a harder time than I expected gettting through to CS. I'd heard so much about FMA's outstanding customer service I was kind of like, "hey, what's goin on here?" My hasty state of mind, albeit premature, was more on my own part. I was really sinking my teeth into CPII, getting it mounted, setting it up and programming it when my programmer went out (I'm sure it is a very rare happening). So my head being like a locamotive still chugging away full steam, I was a little in a "I want it yesterday! " frame of mind, so I sent my programmer back overnight mail.

In the end, Tim has shown how fast CS is to jump on a problem and get it straighten out as quickly as possible, and no one can ask for any more. Would I order from FMA again? Absolutley. Nothing better than working with a company you know you can trust And yeah the wise Yoda mentor visual helped lol
Old 09-04-2010, 11:30 AM   #135 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navigator53 View Post
Tim???

You're up

No hiding now, we know what you look like thanks to Night

Fess up Buddy

Mel
Lol dare I ask? Nightflyr has me curious about this Airwolf/HC3A thing now
Old 09-04-2010, 11:34 AM   #136 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Lol dare I ask? Nightflyr has me curious about this Airwolf/HC3A thing now

Me too, we never know what the ol' Mad Professor is up too next
Old 09-04-2010, 12:57 PM   #137 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'll give ya's a tibit...

I had to run across the parking lot and snatch it out of tree that it was pruning the branches off of....LMAO

Old 09-04-2010, 04:02 PM   #138 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:

I had to run across the parking lot and snatch it out of tree that it was pruning the branches off of....LMAO
Kinda like this?

A friend of mine does this for a living, took one look at my 600n and said "I doubt I could ever fly one of those" (I'll bet he could, I just need to set the hook a little deeper)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oceC9DzDLlE[/ame]
Old 09-04-2010, 04:39 PM   #139 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

Ya' see now, I knew I should not have let you twist my arm to fly that thing. I told you, I am an engineer and a musician, NOT a pilot!

...and grabbing a flying heli out of the air. Now everybody here at FMA knows Rich is crazy!

No more questions about this. Elvis has left the building.

Tim Marks
Tim Marks is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2010, 07:01 PM   #140 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Marks View Post
Ya' see now, I knew I should not have let you twist my arm to fly that thing. I told you, I am an engineer and a musician, NOT a pilot!

...and grabbing a flying heli out of the air. Now everybody here at FMA knows Rich is crazy!

No more questions about this. Elvis has left the building.

Tim Marks
Twist your arm??? and all the time I thought it was the Tazer gun and rubber hose

Crazy....crazy......certifiably loony tunes and who isn't in this hobby

Ahh Tim, gonna make a pilot outta you if it's the last thing I do in my life, BTW you did real good that time out, ...

You managed to hold a helicopter steady even though it was choppin' away at those trees, no small feat for even an experienced pilot to do , so don't sell yourself short my friend.

As to me grabbing it out of the air, shows you how much faith I had in you not to behead me.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in