Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Futaba Radios and Electronics

Futaba Radios and Electronics Futaba Radios, Gyros, Servos, Etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2005, 01:17 PM   #21 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
The 401 and the 9254 is about the best cheapy gyro setup you can put on your heli.
Yep, Chris, I know. I already have one of the 401/9254 combos. I will probably do that. Thanks for your input.
Hotshot Charlie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2005, 01:22 PM   #22 (permalink)

Your welcome.
ChrisLaFollette is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2005, 07:13 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Charlie I got the price off of Tower Hobbies web site.

Paul
Paul Hinz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2005, 09:13 PM   #24 (permalink)

Thanks Paul !!
Old 04-06-2005, 08:23 AM   #25 (permalink)

My HF Map location

You made the right decision in getting the 9254. I am not sure but I think the 9253 is discontinued even thou Tower has it in stock. That is why they have the reduced price on it.

Here is the 9254
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXFZP1&P=0

If the service center didn't explain it. If the item is not repairable , they offer the item at 50% off the retail price, not the price it is selling for in the shops.Retail on the 9253 and 9254 is $169.95. The dealers get special discounts that allows them to sell it for less than retail.

David
DavidH is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2005, 09:24 AM   #26 (permalink)

Hey David,

Futaba was very nice about the swap, but I have to wonder..... if it was a JR product, Would it have been replaced..... free?

I am a JR man, and would love for JR to comeout with a Gyro that could match up with Futaba's. Come ON JR..... let's do it !!!
Old 04-06-2005, 09:36 AM   #27 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Rob,
From what I understand Horizon does a great job with JR Service. Yes they may have replaced it for free.
Most of the service centers from what I hear is really on a case by case basis of replacing items free.
There is good stories and bad stories about all of them.
JR has some good gyros from what I hear. The 6000T and the new 7000T, also the 510.

David
DavidH is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2005, 12:11 PM   #28 (permalink)

I may have to try one of the JR's next time around. Just don't have anyone locally with one that has had any success.

David, we are still talking about what a great time we had in B'ham. You did good, my friend !!
Old 04-06-2005, 12:48 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
would love for JR to comeout with a Gyro that could match up with Futaba's.
The JR 490T gyro is excellent. I personally think it's much better than my 401.
blakka_1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2005, 05:15 PM   #30 (permalink)

Hey Blakka, thanks for the info !!!
Old 04-13-2005, 07:08 AM   #31 (permalink)

I too was skeptical of this "Uneconomical to repair; we'll sell you a new one for a reduced price" policy; until it was explained to me that it is indeed less expensive for them (and us) to just sell a new item at near-cost rather than pay a technician to sit there and fix your broken equipment if it is going to require more than a few minutes to accomplish.

Remember, the component(s) were produced in an economy where labor and parts prices are much less than here in the US; not to mention all the overhead of doing business here.

I am NOT being an apologist for anybody; just being realistic. And trust me, Horizon's service department screws the pooch too on occasion. That's one reason why I went back to Futaba after seven satisfactory years of using JR stuff.

If you look at the big picture, business-wise, in the US, we should consider ourselves fortunate that the major players we trade with show us as much attention as they do.

Ever tried lately to get a toaster, or consumer electronics item, repaired under warranty? I consider it a miracle if I even get to speak with a live body; and chances are that body is in Bumstuck Eygpt and learned how to speak english yesterday...
Steve Campbell is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2005, 08:24 AM   #32 (permalink)

Hi Steve,

I agree with your points, I have and many of my friends have gotten much better service from Horizon than Futaba. I was disappointed that they didn't replace it free, but I really wasn't expecting it. I think Horizon would have done at least equally the same if not sent a new servo for free (which would have been probable). The 9253 was only about 1 year old, just out of warranty.

On a good note, the people at Futaba SC I spoke with and emailed with were nice and very personable. I couldn't ask for better communications. They upgraded my servo to a 9254 from the 9253 at no extra cost, which is a plus. Also, the price of $89 shipped for a brand new 9254 servo is a good deal lower than I could have got one via the web or hobby stores, so I guess I came out ok.

All in all, I am not against Futaba, just wish it had been a little cheaper fix.
Old 04-16-2005, 03:40 PM   #33 (permalink)

Well....... Futaba got my CC and my money Friday 4/8/05 and I have yet to see my servo. Still waiting in NE Mississippi.
Old 04-18-2005, 09:23 PM   #34 (permalink)

Received my new 9254 servo today. A little slow, but they followed through with the promise. Just cost me $87.99 for the new one. I still wonder if it had been a JR product, if it would have been replaced free?

One thing I give Futaba, their customer service was very friendly and helpful, even though, I would have liked to have had the servo replaced at a much reduced rate.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:55 AM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Quality Service!

Of coarse they where nice to you! Do you not wine and dine a woman b4 ...well you get the idea. I had 3 BLS 252s two where from my sons heli that had a mix up in the regulator output voltage. They where run directly off of a 7.4v. The 3rd was brand new but removed from the package and got mixed in with the bad ones. Futaba claimed all where bad and want $275 to replace the 3 servos! Well after a little back and forth they shipped the "bad servo" back to me at no charge! Arg!
Does anyone know if radio south still fixes servos or some one else reliable and reasonable.
Maybe I will just stick with JR as they always give the best service!
mundo330 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2013, 07:01 AM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Glad to see u got good service as I did too...got a bls451 under warranty fixed
Very easy, thanks Futaba

Trex 700N Vbar, Mikado LOGO 600SX, Trex 450 SportV2, Trex 250se-dfc, MCPX ...DX8...
kiwianaBrad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in