Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > 4G3

4G3 Walkera 4G3 Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2009, 06:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default I plan to buy a 4g3 dbl brushless upgraded

http://wowhobbies.com/169salewextraf...ion-1-4-1.aspx
It's from wowhobbies.com, $388 with 2801 tx, Turbo Ace 91416 main motor & 2.9g BL Motors. Now I'm looking for honest opinions from you walkera people. I fly my mcx outside in front of my house most days and in the wind. I sim 3d heli's all the time. This will be my 2nd heli counting the mcx and I do understand that I will have some unlearning to do. I want to fly in front of my house in some wind. I was gonna get a 4#3 with those motors, but I figured the cp will get me more in wind control, down mostly as my mcx wants to keep going up all the time. Any comments on wowhobbies or their configuration or my expectations are appreciated. I'm planning on ordering tonight about midnight hope some of you have time to answer. Thanks.
Function over ALL else
my photography http://BesPhoto.com
mikejbb is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2009, 06:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

i own the brushed version of the 4g3, it flys pretty well for what it is, but compared to my blade 400 its quite a handful sometimes, i can do mild 3D with the blade but the first time i flew the 4g3 i was all over the place, but after a few packs and moving to a more open area, i was able to hold a steady hover and do figure 8's, haven't tried any loops or rolls with it yet, also, make sure the swash is level before you fly it, mine needed some minor tweaking. the brushless version should be much better, i hope the tail has more authority because the stock one is easy to over power by doing simple moves, you wont be dissapointed, but remember the bigger the heli the more stable, so don't expect this thing to fly itself by any means
Old 07-07-2009, 12:02 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by superjoe83 View Post
...the brushless version should be much better, i hope the tail has more authority because the stock one is easy to over power by doing simple moves...
Thanks for the insite, I'm getting the Turbo Ace 91416 main motor so I'll have enough power & 2.9g BL tail so I'll have good tail response. Hopefully that makes sense.
Function over ALL else
Old 07-07-2009, 12:43 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have a version 2, dbl brushless, m/head. I can handle mild wind pretty well. It does make it bounce, but so does blinking! I do have to say I am impressed with the quality. When I ordered it I really expected it to be a toy, quite the opposite, and it will take a beating, parts are real cheap. Fact is, you'll have to order quite a bit just to make sure the shipping is worthwhile.

I have had nothing but good luck with Wowhobbies. I just recieved the 2g tail conversion for mine. I hope to put it on tomorrow. I didn't go with the 2.9g for 2 reasons; 1. cost 2. the damn thing is already tail heavy, will be even heavier after I install this conversion. I didn't want to add another .9 grams to the problem.

This might come a little late for you, but they are going to come out with a shaft drive 4g6 soon. If it were me, I would wait. However you go, I'm sure you will love it as much as the rest of us!
Tomstoy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2009, 01:07 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomstoy View Post
I have a version 2, dbl brushless, m/head. I can handle mild wind pretty well. It does make it bounce, but so does blinking! I do have to say I am impressed with the quality. When I ordered it I really expected it to be a toy, quite the opposite, and it will take a beating, parts are real cheap. Fact is, you'll have to order quite a bit just to make sure the shipping is worthwhile.

I have had nothing but good luck with Wowhobbies. I just recieved the 2g tail conversion for mine. I hope to put it on tomorrow. I didn't go with the 2.9g for 2 reasons; 1. cost 2. the damn thing is already tail heavy, will be even heavier after I install this conversion. I didn't want to add another .9 grams to the problem.

This might come a little late for you, but they are going to come out with a shaft drive 4g6 soon. If it were me, I would wait. However you go, I'm sure you will love it as much as the rest of us!
Not too late, very cool, I can't wait, I'll order before 9am pst and it will ship on wed probably; they say on their website. I considered waiting for the 4g6, but I just can't wait mentally. Hopefully the 2.9g with the Turbo Ace 91416 main motor will be fine and give her better tail control. Thanks for your comments.
Function over ALL else
Old 07-07-2009, 01:14 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

500mha batteries also, forget the 400mah, brushless goes thru them pretty fast. Order them along with spare parts, landing gear, links, cf blades, extra head for spare parts, stuff like that, it's all low cost and will keep you flying.
Old 07-07-2009, 08:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Give your turbo ace time to cool. I know it's brushless, but it releases a TON of heat. Don't load up on the 400 mAh 20C batteries. They will only get you so far with that motor and ESC combo. I'd HIGHLY recommend the 500 mAh as Tomstoy said.
Old 07-08-2009, 09:37 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thanks guys, it shipped yesterday!

It comes with four 500mah's and one 400. What about a 600-800 or so? Is it too much weight? What about those hobby city batts? You'd have to put on your own connector, I used some 240mah's with my own connector for my mcx.

Below is weights without the connector:

450mah 20c 11.4g $2.53 (signed in)
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=7571
600mah 20c 14.2g $2.76 (signed in)
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=7572
They also have 740mah @ 20.4g and 850mah @ 20.2g

What does the stock battery weigh? It's weight is not listed in many sites, not even wowhobbies.

Should I put on micro deans anyway?
Function over ALL else
Old 07-09-2009, 10:16 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Got it, made training wheels and it's great! Flew 7 packs, no crashes, a couple of hard landings and a couple of tip overs cause the training wheels got caught on the driveway. WOW! She is great! Thanks all!
Function over ALL else
Old 07-12-2009, 01:23 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Cool, man. Glad you like it. I just love mine, it's such a kick to fly around. I find myself doing all kinds of stupid stuff I shoudn't be doing yet because I have no fear of hurting it. What stuff I broke is so cheap that I don't worry at all about it, unlike my 450 that costs me money whenever the ground decides to jump up at me.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in