Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > MSH Protos

MSH Protos MSH Protos Helicopter Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2014, 01:27 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Three Fun Videos - Head Cam and Heli Cam - Little help needed too...

My Protos 500 has been an AWESOME ride for the last 45-50 flights. Best heli ever. I am more comfortable doing things with this bird than I was with my 450x or 300x. Strangely the intimidation factor went down...not up.

Anywho, for those that don't know from my other thread, I've been flying almost a year now and aggressively trying to learn and improve. I'm quite happy with the way the Protos 500 flies, but I think the tail is one of the limiting factors at the moment. The first vid from my head mounted cam is best heard with the volume turned up....these birds are quiet you know

There was also a pretty knarly bog towards the end before landing on the Head Cam video. Actually, lol, that bog made me decide to land a minute early. I want to say it was the result of my angle and the wind as it was pretty windy, but not sure. Any ideas? Then again it may have also had something to do with having my tail at the limit of blowout immediately prior also?

There is definitely some fun grass cutting, some SLOPPY tic-tocs (I gotta get better at those), some funnel action (which displays the tail chattering sounds), and a few near misses.

The second video is my first video testing my new action cam mounted on the heli. Best place I could find to mount was right under the boom block. The video actually surprised me as I expected to hear all the glorious blade farts and such I heard when I flew it, but they clearly are "blasted" away from the camera's mic lol. This video is fun, but may also be a good means of analysis of sound the heli makes in flight. It may tell a tale of tweaks that can be made...just my ears can't translate it...can yours?

The third video is in my opinion even better than the 1st now that I review it and decide to post it. Tail barking, bogging, awesome knife edge circuits, a VERY CLOSE bank right in front of me (I had to edit out a little obscenity from the video lol), and more can be seen on this one. I'll add a "highlights" section to it later tomorrow as the video is still being reprocessed by Youtube since editing and that will take a while and I need to hit the hay.

Enjoy!! And please help!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJQvi4DNZ3Q

Highlights in this video:
:25-:40 (grass cut, piro climb out, and VERY near fatality)
1:45-2:15 (why my tic-tocs go left?)
3:15-3:25 (end of high bank circuit transition to funnel, tail bark, and big bog)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmbW...ature=youtu.be

Highlights in this video:
:35-:40 (sounds at going into stunt1 and stunt2...belt skipping?)
other's I'll add later cause I want to shorten trim this video a bit and times will change post processing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6a7i3O8y8U
adambowersva is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2014, 10:37 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

2nd vid it did sound like the belt skipped when changing head speeds.
3rd video says it's private.

What gyro and tail servo are you using?
Old 09-08-2014, 10:55 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Oops. I'll fix 3rd video. I have beastx and a Savox 1257 running at 7.2v on tail.
Old 09-08-2014, 11:16 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by adambowersva View Post
Oops. I'll fix 3rd video. I have beastx and a Savox 1257 running at 7.2v on tail.
When you are flying as hard as you do, a better tail servo will help you out a ton. Preferably full size and 760us pulse width although a mini like the HV BK or mks tail servo would be good too.

I'm not just saying this, I now know how much difference a good vs great tail servo makes. I went from Align ds620 to align ds650 to MKS ds750. I think even the ds650 would be an improvement over your Savox 1257. Although I don't know if I would run a non HV servo on 7.2v
Old 09-08-2014, 12:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Lol I fly hard? That's good to hear I think .

I also have a mini protos I just got and I hate the align servo on that so was considering moving 1257 to that and getting full size 1290 for the 500. How does that stack up to the mentioned align or ds750?

Thanks for the help and all keep the help coming
Old 09-08-2014, 06:34 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Fixed the third video....not marked private anymore. There was an obscenity in there that I wanted to edit out before I marked public previously lol and I forgot to change to public.

The close knife edge bank shortly after the beginning is what caused my little obscenity lol. It certainly felt closer and much louder than it sounded in the recording . Another one is from the move started about 1:55...I come out of the backwards inverted position the wrong way and almost dump it about 2:05.

Enjoy! But please give your input!! Thanks
Old 09-10-2014, 09:32 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Any thoughts anyone? Is my tail noise in funnel due to not a good enough tail servo as one mentioned or can this tail servo be dialed in a bit better from current state?
Old 09-10-2014, 03:44 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The chatter might be you need to come down a point or so on your gain for your tail in the transmitter. I would recomened strongly a mks ds760a+ for that tail servo from personal experience.
M&P_Hooligan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2014, 09:51 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Lol I fly hard? That's good to hear I think .

I also have a mini protos I just got and I hate the align servo on that so was considering moving 1257 to that and getting full size 1290 for the 500. How does that stack up to the mentioned align or ds750?

Thanks for the help and all keep the help coming
Savox 1290 is the same thing as the Align ds650 so its pretty good. But not as good as the Mks ds760.
Old 10-20-2014, 08:35 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

For the record...servo upgrade did the trick. I ended up going with the BK Tail Servo and it flies great now!!!
Old 10-20-2014, 12:05 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
For the record...servo upgrade did the trick. I ended up going with the BK Tail Servo and it flies great now!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in