Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Kontronik Drives

Kontronik Drives Jazz and Jive ESC's and other Kontronik equipment support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2013, 03:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default More Kosmik accessories :)

Just got sent the latest catalogue and this is mentioned

New innovative accessories
The KOSMIK 3 connections for external modu- les and sensors.
These connections are the plug in for the
new modules which make the KOSMIK the completely perfect ESC. The new SGC module supervises the cell tensions. A GPS module ma- kes the log files chronologically evaluateable. The Bluetooth module provides the connection with smartphones via KONTRONIK Kommuni- kator App.
Also the new external fan can be pursued over these connections.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2013, 03:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

that is cool.

IF we get ext gov, Im buying it for all <700 helis, and if 16s.. all )
Old 01-22-2013, 03:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Communicator App
The KONTRONIK Communicator App will allow you to wirelessly program your KOSMIK via your phone or tablet. In addi- tion to programming, the Communicator App will allow you view live stream data from your KOSMIK as long as you remain in Bluetooth range.
The Bluetooth module is available, and must be used if you wish to create a wirel- ess connection with the KOSMIK.
This APP is available for ANDROID (Free via Playstore) but will be available for Apple in the near.
Old 01-22-2013, 03:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have Kosmik from first batch with old firmware. Need i to send Kosmik back to Kontronik for firmware upgrade if i want to use GPS and bluetooth module ?
swalko is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2013, 04:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Send it back for upgrade anyway. Its quite important.
Old 01-22-2013, 04:30 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Upgrade is not critical and for me it is not important. My Kosmik runs fine without upgrade. Can i use GPS and bluetooth module without upgrade or not?
swalko is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2013, 04:32 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I dont know!!

You know what I know
Old 01-22-2013, 04:43 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

And this. It's from the catalogue.

Futaba: Let's see ... when available.
Old 01-22-2013, 05:03 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey Gents... is World of Heli related to Kontronik? They seem first to market with all of their products and I ordered a P800 directly from Kontronik and WoH shipped it.
Old 01-22-2013, 05:17 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

WoH is on the ball, that's all.

Do not forget: Nuremberg ahead.
Old 01-22-2013, 05:46 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Many thanks, and I would agree, WoH is on top of it!
Old 01-22-2013, 06:05 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Looks like they may even let you preorder a Pyro 750....
---- JR Vibe SGE12 Hiroki Ito Scorpion Tribunus 200A 4525 Ultimate Spirit FBL—-Minicopter Diabolo Pyro750-56 Kosmik200 Vbar v5.3 ----- T Rex 700N DFC OS105HZR Spirit FBL --- RJX Vector 700 Pyro750-56 Comp Kosmik 200 ——
malc1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2013, 03:25 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dl7uae View Post
And this. It's from the catalogue.

Futaba: Let's see ... when available.
This has just made my day.
Kontronik really are dark horses, keeping all this stuff quiet until now. Other manufactures promise the world months sometimes years before release. Here... we know nothing, just see some ports, start complaining about what they are and then BAM!!!

Great stuff K...

Would still like to be able to program it through a PC though...
Old 01-23-2013, 08:28 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by andersn View Post
that is cool.

IF we get ext gov, Im buying it for all <700 helis, and if 16s.. all )
That more than likely wont happen. They tried it with the helijive and it didnt work out too well. the Kosmik Gov is better than the vbar gov anyway.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:47 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wh1teAfr1can View Post
That more than likely wont happen. They tried it with the helijive and it didnt work out too well. the Kosmik Gov is better than the vbar gov anyway.
I want to have the option to choose. the int gov is great. but I want to choose.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:27 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I want to have the option to choose. the int gov is great. but I want to choose.
The problem is liability. Once an esc is put in external mode it is at the mercy of the FBL controller. All the safety features of the ESC are disabled. All it knows is i have to respond as fast as i can to inputs no matter the cost. This dramatically raises the chance of failure and it was found with the Jive that several of them failed in external mode and it was because of the FBL controller over driving it. The blame was then placed on Kontronik because it was the ESC that failed. Hence this is why Kontronik is avoiding all this by just not allowing it. I could see the possibility of a clause in the manual stating that you do this at your own risk and void your warranty but that is a lot of hastle to just support the option of it when not oly is the esc safer not including it but the govenor infact performs better.
simple answer people designing FBL controllers dont necessarily understand all the complications of correctly governing the motor rpm.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:26 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
The problem is liability. Once an esc is put in external mode it is at the mercy of the FBL controller. All the safety features of the ESC are disabled. All it knows is i have to respond as fast as i can to inputs no matter the cost. This dramatically raises the chance of failure and it was found with the Jive that several of them failed in external mode and it was because of the FBL controller over driving it. The blame was then placed on Kontronik because it was the ESC that failed. Hence this is why Kontronik is avoiding all this by just not allowing it. I could see the possibility of a clause in the manual stating that you do this at your own risk and void your warranty but that is a lot of hastle to just support the option of it when not oly is the esc safer not including it but the govenor infact performs better.
simple answer people designing FBL controllers dont necessarily understand all the complications of correctly governing the motor rpm.
+1 Well said!!
Old 01-23-2013, 12:06 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
at least 1 major competitior to kosmik has it nailed and working good.... even deliverd as a combo on certain big xxtreme helis.. and often flown by the pros. , even a few of my HW esc has been running ext gov with no flames for ages.

Eventhough its extgov, doesnt mean you cant have safety measures, move down PWM, timeing etc, and even shutdown(like it does now on int gov)
Old 01-23-2013, 01:25 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
at least 1 major competitior to kosmik has it nailed and working good.... even deliverd as a combo on certain big xxtreme helis.. and often flown by the pros. , even a few of my HW esc has been running ext gov with no flames for ages.

Eventhough its extgov, doesnt mean you cant have safety measures, move down PWM, timeing etc, and even shutdown(like it does now on int gov)
Its not that it didn't work well with the Helijive (which still supports external mode) its just in a few instances the esc's burned up and kontronik was blamed not the FBL controller that put the esc in a situation where it burned up. In order for an external govenor to function correctly the esc has to trust the FBL controller completely so any extra features in between (safety) are ignored. otherwise you would see diminished performance. So rather than support something were they would face unhappy customers who's FBL controller blames Kontronik they go about it a different way and make a controller that governs better and safer.

my only question to you is why would you not want that?
what benefit do you see running the external governor?
why pay top dollar for a safe reliable controller with some of the best speed controller technology in the world only to disable all those features and make it perform the same as a low end esc?
Old 01-23-2013, 02:08 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Sorry..

The ignition control, the Motronic, the drive-by-wire of my car is great. But I want to choose to use the good old breakpoint and a linkage for the accelerator. I know there is no benefit, I know it's dangerous for the engine, but I want to choose.

Okay.. A German saying is: "Man's will is his kingdom."

But on the other hand: Manufacturers will is HIS kingdom.
An intelligent designer and manufacturer is doing what he thinks is right, and not what a user would like to choose from, no matter what the cost.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in