Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Painting and Airbrushing Tips / Techniques

Painting and Airbrushing Tips / Techniques Painting and Airbrushing Tips / Techniques

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2009, 05:56 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Thanks mike . let me clear some things off my plate and then it's play time i might have to get someone to edit the video for me
Kustom is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2009, 09:00 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Great thread Kustom! I too am a fan of Coast. I've never had to talk to them on the phone. I order online and I get what I ordered. Simple as that.

I use all HOK paints on my canopies of late. I was a big Auto Air user and just like anything else it takes a bit of getting used to. It's good paint so those of you on the fence be patient and practice until you find the sweet spot.

I'm glad the new painting forum has been started. Thanks to whoever started it.
Old 11-29-2009, 10:25 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I've tried the auto air color before as well but i was not a fan of it .I'm use to doing stuff a certin way. the main thing that threw me off was the texture after you lay a base down. i'm not going to knock a product that i don't care for cause of many people found this to be the best way for learning for them. The truth be told it's not what you use it's how you use it As long as you get the results you want at the end .. just don't paint a cano with a roller and laytex wall paint ......
Old 12-04-2009, 04:11 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Forgive me for asking this, as I know that it has probably been posted somewhere else before, but here goes. I would like to buy a decent airbrush, not top end, nor low end, but one that will get the job done on heli canopies at a good price. Can you guys help me out, please post links to the specific airbrushes. I have been looking at all of these differnet brushes on-line, but to be honest there are way too many to choose from.

Thanks,
Brian
fastone93 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2010, 02:41 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hey Brian,
Sorry it took so long most people pm me with questions so it is getting rare for me to look here. I have use this airbrush for about 4-5 years no problems it was the first ones i bought . since i have been painting longer then 5 years the other brand did not compair. Here is a link to the AB http://www.coastairbrush.com/proddetail.asp?prod=H4001.
I have not been posting in the painting forum due to a problem with a follower kinda got tired of the nasty pm's and so forth. if you have any questions just pm me.
Old 09-19-2010, 11:39 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Damn government made em take all the good stuff out. I used to love the results of HOK urethane clear. I painted alot of cars and bikes with that and other HOK products. I remember when you could drive to Kosmoskies shop and talk painting technique with him. Then buy the paint and go back to your own shop and turn out a labor of love. Yeah there is a lot of new stuff that won't kill your lungs, but it don't work as well. I might need to try some of the newer paints on the market, and compare.
slickporsche is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-19-2010, 11:45 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Following manufacturers directions on a new material helps a ton, and then you need to find your comfort zone with it. I agree with practice, it is nearly everything. I painted several of my ducted fan jets with HOK and used their SHimrin bases, because they covered without lots of build up and then hit it with Hok urethane clear,because it will take the nitro used in Funny Cars, so the fuel we use is like water to it.
slickporsche is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2010, 05:59 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I will say when alot of new people love to use kandys from hok but if your new to the product instead of buying the (UK) save some time and headache and start with the (KBC) it will let you build color with less coats , Plus you will not have to worry about tiger stripes to boot.
Old 04-26-2012, 05:49 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

PDF isn't working...
Old 12-12-2012, 08:44 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

I use Wicked Colors by Auto Air, they take clearcoat very well and have almost no tip dry.
Arkart23 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2016, 10:13 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Great

Great info
Mach2Customs is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
painting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in