Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Align 3G FBL System

Align 3G FBL System Align 3G FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2013, 08:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 550e 3G uneven servo throw

For some reason my ail. Servo throws farther than the pitch servo all the settings in the transmitter are equal. Could this be caused by the 3G settings?
JWILL is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2013, 05:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default Maiden attempt 550 3g

Well I attempted to maiden my 550 well I find that I am having to make both cyclic and rudder corrections to keep it level well I almost got it off the ground and it tilted forward and the blades scraped the asphalt nothing broke but bottom edges did get sanded a bit. I wish I knew an experienced heli pilot in Augusta Ga right now not sure if there is an issue with me or the heli.
Old 02-15-2013, 10:15 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 550 3g tail issues

Well I tried to maiden this bird and as soon as I begin to start applying elevator the tail begins to rotate I havent even lifted it off the ground yet. And tips would be helpful. Oh I went through and set up the gyro also when I hold the heli and rotate it, it does adjust pitch.
Old 02-16-2013, 04:01 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWILL View Post
For some reason my ail. Servo throws farther than the pitch servo all the settings in the transmitter are equal. Could this be caused by the 3G settings?
I found it best to level swash at mid along with low and high pitch in the radio just like you would with a flybar set up before calibrating if I remeber right.
Old 02-16-2013, 05:31 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Well I tried to maiden this bird and as soon as I begin to start applying elevator the tail begins to rotate I havent even lifted it off the ground yet. And tips would be helpful. Oh I went through and set up the gyro also when I hold the heli and rotate it, it does adjust pitch.
Sounds as though your gyro is reversed or perhaps normal and needs to be reversed.
Tail slider should move the opposite way to where you push the tail when doing your preflight.
Hope this helps
Bonkievan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2013, 07:07 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Use the Helifreak locator or repost with title "Help in Agusta, GA". Or you can try posting in the 3GX forum as well. Or check your local hobby shop.

Sorry not more help., but I'm not too familiar with the 3GX.
wanderer56 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2013, 09:12 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Your swash level in DIR mode same with tail? If yes, turn your gains up slightly...

align flybarless also sensitive to vibrations, skidding on the ground, skid bumps, taking off on a hard surface etc...
Old 02-16-2013, 09:27 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ahh the woes of the 3g/3gx,if you don't want to fight it get a better unit like beast x or the brain. New blades and a canopy will cost about the same and all around you will have a better flying heli. My 2 cents. Good luck.
Old 02-16-2013, 02:10 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well I will try turning up the gains. I guess its a good thing I happened to buy an Ar7200bx in the sale forum last night.
Old 02-16-2013, 09:50 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

let us know how it goes and double check and make sure your gyro is correcting in the correct direction on cyclic and tail
Old 02-16-2013, 10:12 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

You will like the 7200 bx update to latest firmware 3.0
Old 02-17-2013, 01:46 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok I noticed when tilting the heli the swash plate barely moves and is slow also it moves reverse but when I use the cyclic in the transmitter it moves correctly. So it seems the issue is with the gyro? Any ideas?
Old 02-17-2013, 02:15 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Ok I noticed when tilting the heli the swash plate barely moves and is slow also it moves reverse but when I use the cyclic in the transmitter it moves correctly. So it seems the issue is with the gyro? Any ideas?
When you tilt the heli foward, the swash should move back. When you tilt the heli to the right the swash should move left. If the swash is barely moving turn up your gain. Check out Bert kamerers align 3G video, it should get you on the right track...
Old 03-03-2013, 07:41 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
No, the 3gx is fine. Very minimal movement when checking compensation is correct, especially with V3.0 firmware. Like others have said 'just as long as the swash is compensating opposite to which way you're tilting the Heli.'
Bonkievan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2013, 01:09 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Your AFR's for Ail and Ele should also be equal. I run futaba and have 50, 50 in the swash menue. Like every one else said already, Make sure you run the setup at mid stick, 0 pitch, level swash, and 100% throw with no expo. Then after you can add expo. Make sure your linkage is proper. I usually have to run the DIR setup up to 3 times, releveling the swash after each time because it can change. After the 3rd time the swash usually stays level from then on.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in