Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Airplanes Info and Support > Airplane Related

Airplane Related R/C Airplanes Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2016, 08:08 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epoweredrc View Post
Nice plane, but trust someone who's been flying planes 27 yrs, that is Not a 1st, plane, 2nd plane maybe a 3rd or 4th, if you have someone like myself go over it, the radio setup, CG, test flight, trim it.. I know a guy who ended up with a big plane like that I spent tons on it trying to set it up and the guy he got it from told him he had flown it.
not trying to talk you down, just hate to hear you crashed on first flight... keep flying that apprentice for a while. my buddy had one i taught him how to fly using it, he was flying heck out of it in no time.
what wingspan, motor, battery's you using in it? i only use APC props myself but nothing wrong with wood props just make sure its balanced
Yes it is not an ideal first plane, but it certainly isn't impossible to learn on. I started with a Mini Switch, which is a model that goes from highwing to midwing. After the first few flights, literally a few flights, I went to missing. It flies essentially like a toned down 3D plane. I didnt learn the traditional trainer way. Any crashes I had were from stupid stuff too low to ground, and cross winds on a 3D foamy, too light for any wind. If one already flies helis, orientation is already good.

Now low wing, I'd say don't start off that way, due to generally poor stall characteristics, however eflite makes a trainer warbird.
thepiper92 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2016, 08:36 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

That receiver out of the Apprentice should do great. There is a huge post out there where someone has put that receiver into many many planes with great success. Please keep us updated.
Old 09-09-2016, 09:17 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I will I was hoping to finish it up tonight at work but I'm actually having to work. Which sucks. Lol but hey can't slack them all I guess. I've read that people have trouble with the esc but cc 100 airplane mode auto endpoints linked right up without a hitch.
Bm421 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2016, 11:13 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Alright fellow plankers lol so I made a simple cg tester for my plane 100mm from wing tip back is opt cg. So inside the fuselage I drilled two tiny hole 3/32 to be exact then bent some 3/32 ss tig welding wire and then inserted them into the holes and hung the plane with the battery installed. Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	671008 is this a good way of doing it or is there a better tried and true method?
Old 09-10-2016, 11:57 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bm21 View Post
Alright fellow plankers lol so I made a simple cg tester for my plane 100mm from wing tip back is opt cg. So inside the fuselage I drilled two tiny hole 3/32 to be exact then bent some 3/32 ss tig welding wire and then inserted them into the holes and hung the plane with the battery installed. Attachment 671008 is this a good way of doing it or is there a better tried and true method?
It will work, I would have just marked a point on the wing though. Where did you get this cg measurement? It's always best to be nose heavy if anything. Tail heavy tends to cause stalling and touchy elevstor. However, not saying to do this, some actually make 3D planes tail heavy purposefully to allow hovers and such to be easier to hold.
thepiper92 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2016, 12:08 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

The online manual as veague as it is it had the cg
Old 09-14-2016, 05:20 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

So implementation of the apprentice receiver went well. Everything works on the ground as it should. Still practicing in the sim calm weather I'm great now I'm working on windy conditions so prob another week and I'll give it a go. And for those who are wondering I put the Bavarian demon 3sx on it also to see if it can be set up and it can using h1 selection in the mixer tab. It takes away the cyclic throttle mix and it also works and corrects as it should on the ground. I'm sticking with the apprentice because it's already installed but once I get a feel for it I may switch it over and see what it's like. I like being able to adjust and tinker which you don't have with the apprentice which is great for starting out. Ooo can't wait!
Old 09-14-2016, 05:24 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	671636 ready to fly!
Old 05-03-2017, 11:33 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Did you fly it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
weru is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2017, 03:48 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Oh yeah quite a bit! Once I found the correct balance point she flew great. All the instruction I could find had cog for like models but not that one so had some porpusing issues (tail heavy) quick fix. That spektrums rx is great for someone with 0 flight experience but I recommend dropping asap cause it turns into a crutch rather quickly and the inputs are much more then what is really required to get the plane to turn climb or whatever.

Thanks for asking!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in