Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2008, 03:45 PM   #21 (permalink)

My HF Map location

LOL hey i am not the one that said it.. the gurus in the other forum says none of this stuff can interfere with 2.4

Just being sarcastic.... Yes you desperately need to tidy up everything on that heli.
DierWolf is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2008, 03:49 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Ye I know. Its hard though I have nowhere to put things. I could remove the ferrite ring from the ESC and that would get rid of all that red mess. What do you think? Will rewire it and try again. Dont think it will make much difference. Maybe I will unearth something that I wouldnt if I didnt do it.
Ronniebiggs is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2008, 03:50 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Seems very likely to be something in those bundled wires,

Very unlikely to be the radio thats at fault

Very unlikely to be local interferance

What's the ferrite ring do??
Ian 777 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2008, 03:52 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Again all the very best with it Andy, every one is wishing you success
Ian 777 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2008, 03:54 PM   #25 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Things you need to avoid.....

I am glad this thread came up maybe the guru's shooting my commends down will come and say other wise.

1. dont allow the antennas to touch the Carbon fiber during flight, Carbon fiber gets alot of static in the wash...

2. dont put it near the belt, here again the belt running thru the tailboom is like a vandergraf Generator (spelling sorry) creating TONS of static which is detrimental to 2.4Ghz

3. Get rid of all that wireing, wire it differently on the inside of the carbon fiber frame and neatly bundled together, find a good place where all servo's can reach the reciever and place the reciever as best you can with antenni sticking outwards out of each side of the frame and isolate them from touching the CF.

Same goes for the satalite antenna section.
Old 06-07-2008, 03:56 PM   #26 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronniebiggs View Post
Ye I know. Its hard though I have nowhere to put things. I could remove the ferrite ring from the ESC and that would get rid of all that red mess. What do you think? Will rewire it and try again. Dont think it will make much difference. Maybe I will unearth something that I wouldnt if I didnt do it.

Its very very easy.

Start with the placement of each reciever unit and get them held down with foam tape to avoid vibration and from touching the CF.

Then get your wires routed, if you have to buy extensions to do so do it..

On my Exi you cant see a single wire from the outside, everything is on the inside of the frame.
Old 06-07-2008, 03:57 PM   #27 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Finn has an HDX / 3DX Frame maybe he can give you some pics of his routing of wires.
Old 06-07-2008, 03:57 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I see what your saying now. Is the frame CF though? It is fibrous like CF
Old 06-07-2008, 04:06 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

hllo mate just tought I would let you know I was having same problem.I tried everything to stop it and ended up crashing my heli.I have rebuilt now with everything the same as before apart from the motor.Now the problem as gone can't explain it just by luck the crash killed my motor making me replace it can't for the life of me work out why a motor would affect the dx6i.thanks
neo187i is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2008, 04:07 PM   #30 (permalink)

My HF Map location

I've asked him to switch motors... but from the installation i dont think thats the problem anymore.
Old 06-07-2008, 04:17 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Could change motor with alittle hassle if absolutly necessary. Dont understand why this motor would cause that though. One thing I have noticed though. When I fly this new heli it spins up slower. The motor doesnt appear as quick as the last. Could be due to the pinion on the new motor.

Would that 10Amp CC UBEC that you have solve the problem? If so I will just buy it.
Old 06-07-2008, 04:25 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

thats just it I can't explain it either all I know is thats the only thing I have changed and now the problem has gone.
neo187i is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2008, 04:31 PM   #33 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Ronnie,

you really should address first your setup issue and antenna placement... may sound trivial to you but is a big deal with 2.4Ghz especially the static discharge from the belt where you have one of your antenna units right next to.

Is it a brownout? only you can tell us that, you say your disconnecting / loosing signal. doesnt the reciever light do some sort of blink after a brownout that you know its a brownout? believe i read that someplace.
Old 06-07-2008, 04:34 PM   #34 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronniebiggs View Post
The red tape mess in the first pic is a ferrite ring wrapped in tape on the ESC wire.
The disconected plug you can see is the black wire from the UBEC. The black insulation tape above the red is the ESC red wire taped so it cant touch anything.

My wires all seem fine. The solder joints appear ok as well.

Just re-reading, can you explain this part all over again... why would you have a black disconnected wire from your UBEC????
Old 06-07-2008, 04:35 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Ye. The light starts to flash in a steady rythem. The maufacture said

"reciever flashing is brown out indicator. This means that during flight your model is suffering a loss of voltage supply to the reciever to high current/weak BEC or flight battery. Servo condition end points should also be checked"
Old 06-07-2008, 04:38 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Following the guide from finless on installing a UBEC. He said you remove the red wire from your ESC and replace with the Red wire from the UBEC. the red wire you remove you tape up and the OOOOOOOOOO SHHHHHHHH********************T

THATS IT!!!

Im thick. I need to conect that to any spare hole I just remembered. LOL I cant believe that.

Your a top guy Dierwolf. Sorted. Im certain its that. Thanks
Old 06-07-2008, 04:42 PM   #37 (permalink)

My HF Map location

This is how your BEC should be installed No other way, dont knw why you only have a black lead to that connector... Please explain.

Old 06-07-2008, 04:45 PM   #38 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Please do not do it finless way please.. do it my way.

I have my reasons (not knocking your methods mr. finless its just the neater right way to do it) If anything happens to the ESC and you loose that Negative your pretty much screwed again... best to ahve BEC directly connected to the battery and to the reciever by the battery connection provided for it.

yes i drew that just for you a moment ago.
Old 06-07-2008, 04:48 PM   #39 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Oh and now that this problem is over... Please Please reroute wires and place 2.4 antenna equipment properly or you'll end up feeling sorry anyways down the road.
Old 06-07-2008, 04:48 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

It is now. What I have done is pulled the red wire out the conector on the ESC. Then replaced it with the Red wire from the BEC. Then the old wire from the ESC as its live you tape it up as the BEC red live is now your main live. The other wire left is the Black wire from the BEC. This just goes in any slot on the RX as all the slots are conected by a buzz bar. you can just replace the black wire from the ESC because it also needs its earth. I could have soldered it to the ESC black wire but havent as its just as easy to plug it in a spare slot.

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread...&highlight=BEC

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in