Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters > Mikado Logo 800 Xxtreme

Mikado Logo 800 Xxtreme Mikado Logo 800 Xxtreme Helicopters Discussion

View Poll Results: Are you going to get the new XXtreme?
I'll give a body part if I have too 43 38.39%
Not sure, I want to see it in the field 1st 33 29.46%
No... 32 28.57%
other 4 3.57%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2011, 11:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Mikado XXtreme Poll

Just wanted to see how many people are as excited as I am about this new monster. I'm doing some pretty extreme stuff in preparation for it's release.

I originally wanted to move up from my trex600 to a 700 just because the big heli's are the reason I'm here. With all I've read about logo heli's and seeing this new one. I'm sold.

So lemme see your votes people!!
EviLSiN is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2011, 11:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

lol , i dont see a poll.

but the poll should be , can logo make enough exxtremes to keep the public happy ...
i would say not likely

mikado probably made 1000 of them , but need 10,000 of them to fill the backorder of interested people .

lol
logo exxtreme , good luck finding one
hahaha
jason
oldschool269 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2011, 11:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Sorry, when you post it the thread comes up while you are still making the poll.
Old 04-29-2011, 05:50 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I want one but will probably wait till after the first run of heli's to see what looks like the best setup.
Thunder Fighter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2011, 07:08 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Looks really nice, and of course I WANT one, but after watching the big boys fly at Huntsville, I realize I don't NEED one. In fact it'd probably slow my learning, or just be a hangar queen.

Plus... I'd need a new charger for 7S.
Old 04-29-2011, 07:45 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

+1 you are thinking exact as me OT, only I am good charger wise.
Old 04-29-2011, 10:32 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschool269 View Post
mikado probably made 1000 of them , but need 10,000 of them to fill the backorder of interested people .

lol
logo exxtreme , good luck finding one
hahaha
jason
yeah, that really got me thinking. Is there going to be a place or time where people can put money down on pre ordering 1?
Old 04-29-2011, 10:50 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I would like to set one up, but I will wait till ircha to see it in person first though. If it looks to be too heavy for 710s then I will most likely not get it.
HeathH is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2011, 12:41 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've got 2x PL8's so charging 7s ain't a concern, as it'll do up to 8s.
Also I'm very happy with the 690se, so probably will be xxtremely happy flying 800's on the Xxtreme.
4cyclic is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2011, 02:03 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by EviLSiN View Post
yeah, that really got me thinking. Is there going to be a place or time where people can put money down on pre ordering 1?
its so early days , like mikado havent even priced it yet.

but it would be cool, if they did price it , AND put a 50% deposit on preorder , so everyone who was going to buy one could put their hands up , and mikado know what size parts run to do ,.

they need to fill German orders first .. then after that , european orders , then usa , and rest of the world

i come in under rest of the world , so i dont expect to even see a kit for sale .. for two years .

shall we have a stab at RRP ? 2800$ will be my guess for a base kit ..thats an honest estimation of what mikado intellectual property mark up is on their items
jason
Old 04-29-2011, 02:12 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

That's not true... you US guys will not be the last... for example the Carbon frame was sold at the Mikado online shop and at Readyheli first, than some German shops and later the rest...
-Klaus
Old 04-29-2011, 02:16 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschool269 View Post
shall we have a stab at RRP ? 2800$ will be my guess for a base kit ..thats an honest estimation of what mikado intellectual property mark up is on their items
jason
yeah my guess was in the $2500 range but I'm prepping for the 3k range, just in case.
I'm glad, in a way, that it won't be out for awhile so that I can save for it but it sucks cuz I can already taste it and the wife ok'ed it as long as I quit my indoor cart racing league.
Kinda sucks but worth it as I was just in it for something to do.
Heli's are pretty much starting to take over my other hobbies.
Old 04-29-2011, 02:18 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

you could be right ... i know i should wash my mouth out .. but i wish align were releasing this kit .. they have everything ready to pump something like this out for a reasonable cost ..

when we do see , the rrp ... please take into account , this is mikados first complete CF heli kit , and First kit with CNC alloy head ,+ intellectual property+lustfull demand .. this thing wont be cheap at all.

but , i will still line up to buy one , imoo much better than a SG vibe , for around the same money
hehehehe
jason
Old 04-29-2011, 02:19 PM   #14 (permalink)
NTM
Registered Users

Personally I think mikado missed the mark from a marketing standpoint.
They'd have sold alot more helis in the short term if they'd simply built upon the recent marketing success they've had with the logo 600.
What they needed was a logo 600 scaled up a bit to swing 690 to 710mm blades with a torque tube tail.
That would have had folks moving en masse from the trex 700e to the mikado 700 sized heli.
For the average hobbyist, it's going to be too large of a jump now, with the high (I'm thinking really high) cost of the kit, plus the required 14s power setup.
In essence, mikado has distanced themselves from the mainstream heli hobbyist's again. Perhaps intentionally, perhaps not.

I myself probably won't be getting one for the simple fact that you can build a trex 700e completely ready to fly, with all electronics and a v-bar, for less than what this "exxtreme" airframe is likely to cost.
If I wanted a hangar queen or something that I would fly above 8 feet at all times, I'd consider the new logo. But my heli's will all take a dirt nap sooner or later...

I sure wish mikado had just built a solid 690mm to 710mm machine capable of running 2200rpm. Now I'm actually looking at changing over to running the upcoming synergy E9's or another as yet unreleased 700 size electric.
I've only got one logo 600 left at this point, I'd cleared the decks in anticipation of the logo 700's arrival, so I need some helis, but I don't think the "exxtreme" is going to work for me. The goofy name certainly doesn't help, lol .

Regards,
Nathan
NTM is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2011, 02:27 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

nathan , isnt the CARBON frame 600se/690se a 700 heli ? it takes a 5025 motor ? runs 690 mm mains ?

i understand you wanted something in between what they have done .. and what the 600se leaves out .

but hey , i dont mind , its huge cost will be one thing that slows it down , i mean , you cant even get an ESC for it at reasonable cost yet , its all markup on that high end gear....
kontronic are still making motors for it , then testing ... it will be a while before we get our greasy mits on the gear to finish one of these for reasonable cost
jason
Old 04-29-2011, 02:34 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

My favourite 700-class model doesn't have a TT and has a belt-based 2-stage drive-train. Takes all the beating even with the most powerful custom motors. That's what I want... quiet, durable and without the need of tuning.
I'm flying a custom Trex700-based model now for some time, I can say it's TT improved the missing tail performance of my 600SE and it takes way more beating than my Logo. But it's by far not as quiet in terms of vibrations as my 600SE and don't talk about quality.
The Logo 800 will hopefully take some serious beating without shaved gears or anything else at least for the next season... than it's something to think about. It's size is cool... I just can imagine flying some hard Tic-Tocs or rainbows hardly above the ground with this machine. Of course crash costs will get insane...
-Klaus
Old 04-29-2011, 02:35 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTM View Post
In essence, mikado has distanced themselves from the mainstream heli hobbyist's again. Perhaps intentionally, perhaps not.

Regards,
Nathan
To me, this is part of the attraction. I really like having something many don't already have. On top of that, I really believe this heli will be in a league of it's own and to own won would be awesome.
To me it's like being a Mustang or Camaro guy, all the while wanting the Ferrari. Alot of guys you may know might have a Camaro or Mustang, but how many have a Ferrari?
Old 04-29-2011, 02:56 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by EviLSiN View Post
Alot of guys you may know might have a Camaro or Mustang, but how many have a Ferrari?
Too many... at least here
-klaus
Old 04-29-2011, 02:59 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldofmaya View Post
Too many... at least here
-klaus
Well, you get my point dont you?
Old 04-29-2011, 03:10 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Sure
It's just funny to read... for example Henseleits are around "every" corner here, most of the pilots outside of Europe don't even know about them. On the other side it's not that easy to get parts here for an Trex700...
But than again I don't see Mustangs that often... to come back to your statement.
-Klaus

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in