Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Skookum Robotics

Skookum Robotics Skookum Robotics SK-360 SK-540 & SK-720 Digital Flybar

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2014, 06:05 AM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

I run Futaba FASST and got one error saying collective is reversed and one error saying the throttle is reversed. These are two different birds and both are SK540, so no GPS to worry about.
thefrog is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2014, 06:32 AM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgi UK View Post
=] not sure? maybe 4.01 fixes things, I'm not clear on where the reverse comes from?
Thanks Georgi, I really appreciate your help in trying to get through this.
4.01 made no difference so I think I'll kick back and have a beer and give Skookum some time to work through what might be going on.
Cheers
Dave
Fruitbat is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2014, 06:38 AM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by augur View Post
Hi.

Used version 4.01 already for this. I relaoded the firmware from a backup file and now it seems to be running again. But I am unsure that everything is totally fine even if it is running on the bench.

Cheers,
Nils
=] Nils, can you go to the update screen again, and see what rev the gyro is showing?

georgi UK is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2014, 06:39 AM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruitbat View Post
Thanks Georgi, I really appreciate your help in trying to get through this.
4.01 made no difference so I think I'll kick back and have a beer and give Skookum some time to work through what might be going on.
Cheers
Dave
=] that's cool Dave, have one for me!

Old 08-03-2014, 06:47 AM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I got a reply from the SK gang this morning with the correction for my missing Pro Viewer functionality after the update. I must admit, I didn't expect a response so soon considering the number of emails they must be dealing with after the firmware release, and preparing for IRCHA, so thanks guys for the super fast resolution
Old 08-03-2014, 07:47 AM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

For those having problems with reversed channels.

Have you performed a 'set control stick scaling' ?
Groucho_ is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2014, 08:04 AM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruitbat View Post
Is there anything special about setting up the Futaba 14SG, FAAST receiver and S-Bus connection that might be highlighted in the new version?
For example, are all channels supposed to be reversed in a Futaba X before initial setup?

EDIT- OK, there is a problem with reversing TX and swash servo directions so that collective, cyclic and GPS hard deck all react in the correct directions....self level becomes reversed!
I can get around that one by telling the FBL that it is facing backwards not forwards, but then it gets tricky using the orientation sensors as they are showing the opposite to what is actually happening even though the swash is doing exactly what it is supposed to.
I believe you need to put all the reverses to normal, do a sticks re-scaling and then the swash directions again

Edit-as i now see Gergi wrote...
2 X X7 | Scorpion 4525 Ultimate 4+6T YY / Xnove 4530 525 | scorpion Tribunus 200II ESC | Edge 713 | Logo 690SX | Pyro 440 7+8T YY | Castle 120HV | X3 | 4S | HW 50A V2 ESC | Scorpion 2221 2050KV 9T D | SK540 / Brain2 | Mks
omerco is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2014, 08:31 AM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho_ View Post
For those having problems with reversed channels.

Have you performed a 'set control stick scaling' ?
I think you might have it!
I didn't consider this as a possible fix when I was getting the correct colours and figures of 97 and 98% in the "inputs from receiver" panel.

I just did a new set up starting with a blank model in my Tx and a fresh SK file, going through each of the wizards step by step (which includes control stick scaling)

I will double check tomorrow because its been one of those days, but I think it might be OK as looks good at this stage!

Thanks
Dave
Fruitbat is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2014, 09:00 AM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default "Official" New V4 firmware update/questions/issue thread. Please use this one only!!!

Hi Georgi

it shows 4.00.
augur is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2014, 09:51 AM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

What is ground mode and why is one person in a panic?

I just put 4 flights on my Atom 5.5 and the darn thing was flawless. No issues with what I could do to it.
Old 08-03-2014, 10:00 AM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Tail setup?

Is tail setup fixed in SW 4.1 or do I still have to manually do the endpoints?
Michael
Sky_Dancer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2014, 10:03 AM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Dancer View Post
Is tail setup fixed in SW 4.1 or do I still have to manually do the endpoints?
Michael
Start with stick rescaling while your Tx is all in normal and then swash directions and tail wizard.
It has nothing to do with the SW its the setup in the gyro
2 X X7 | Scorpion 4525 Ultimate 4+6T YY / Xnove 4530 525 | scorpion Tribunus 200II ESC | Edge 713 | Logo 690SX | Pyro 440 7+8T YY | Castle 120HV | X3 | 4S | HW 50A V2 ESC | Scorpion 2221 2050KV 9T D | SK540 / Brain2 | Mks
Old 08-03-2014, 10:12 AM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogun71 View Post
What is ground mode and why is one person in a panic?

I just put 4 flights on my Atom 5.5 and the darn thing was flawless. No issues with what I could do to it.
The unit knows when its on the ground vs the air. This has always been this way and why you couldnt get certain flight data from a log while bench testing.

I seem to remember hearing of an issue at one time that certain scale heli setups could trick the the unit into thinking it was in ground mode because of the values being used and the heli is flown, but I don't remember the specifics of it. The unit behaves differently in ground mode vs air, so I could see how that might cause some issues in those specific cases.
Old 08-03-2014, 10:25 AM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok so I updated my Sk540 to the new 4.01 software before the update was complete the update box just disappeared before saying whether or not the update was successful and now no matter what I do I cant get the unit to connect, its like it's not even being read by the computer and keeps saying not connected on the software, I'm stumped the light still comes on as normal using just the usb cable only or an external power source, any ideas?
DK 2.0 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2014, 10:28 AM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by DK 2.0 View Post
Ok so I updated my Sk540 to the new 4.01 software before the update was complete the update box just disappeared before saying whether or not the update was successful and now no matter what I do I cant get the unit to connect, its like it's not even being read by the computer and keeps saying not connected on the software, I'm stumped the light still comes on as normal using just the usb cable only or an external power source, any ideas?
It sounds like you may need to reset the unit to clear the issue and go again. Depending on when your 540 was made, earlier units need to be powered by a BEC to keep a steady power source to them during update, otherwise the USB power my drop out before things are finished.

https://www.helifreak.com/showpost.p...75&postcount=2
Old 08-03-2014, 10:29 AM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by omerco View Post
Start with stick rescaling while your Tx is all in normal and then swash directions and tail wizard.
It has nothing to do with the SW its the setup in the gyro
OK, incorrectly assumed it was a setup software issue. Back in my 720 Blue days I inadvertently burned up a brand new tail servo so I am bit over cautious about tail setup.
Michael
Sky_Dancer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2014, 11:22 AM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xrayted View Post
It sounds like you may need to reset the unit to clear the issue and go again. Depending on when your 540 was made, earlier units need to be powered by a BEC to keep a steady power source to them during update, otherwise the USB power my drop out before things are finished.

https://www.helifreak.com/showpost.p...75&postcount=2

I already tired that methos as well still not doing anything still says not connected even though there is power being supplied to the unit, I bought it this year as well
DK 2.0 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2014, 11:26 AM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Guys

I've seen some posts about corrupted setup files after the update.

If this happens, please don't try to repair it by just changing the incorrect settings you see. There are hidden settings that may have changed.

Instead please email us the old setup file, if you have it. If not, the software should have saved a backup in the install directory in c:\program files\...

If I can see what's going wrong, I can fix it and get you a repaired setup file. It's possible this is happening due to a misfire of the auto-send feature, so I've disabled it by default for rev 4.01. You can turn it back on under Preferences.

If your setup file is bad and you can't wait for a fix, I recommend starting from one of the initial setups under the File menu item.

- Art
Skookum is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2014, 11:29 AM   #59 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DK 2.0 View Post
I already tired that methos as well still not doing anything still says not connected even though there is power being supplied to the unit, I bought it this year as well
=] I think your issue is the FW is still 3.43, and that won't connect to 4.01 SW, can you load 3.43 back on again?

Old 08-03-2014, 11:40 AM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

Should have said firware mismatch? And still should have access to SK drive?
What about reset with jumper/bind plug?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in