Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Century

Century Century Helicopters Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2010, 11:38 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

The only big downside of a gasser is the smell, if you do get a gasser make sure you keep it in the shed or garrage not the house, else your significant other will not be happy.
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2010, 02:30 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

coleman fuel is the answer to that!! . The g20 loves it.
Zman39 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2010, 06:04 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcav8tor View Post
Ok now I'm going to let you Century cheer leaders have it.
Because of you cheer leaders I went out and bought a Carbon 550 and set it up the way they talked about on inside heli with a scorpion motor and a 40.00 dollar 5s battery and I love it. Now you cheer leaders are talking up this radikal gasser.
Now I'm probably going to have to go out and spend a bunch of money so I can get in on the fun too. I wish you cheer leaders would take Blade Masters advice and be quiet or bash Century so I can stay out of bankruptcy court. Oh yes i forgot to mention I think it will be even a junkyer (yes that's a word) heli if it were flybarless. Hopefully they will have one in stock when i'm ready. kinda cold up here right now. Sorry for the rant.
+1 - I have always wondered why it takes most of us so long, to finally discover these diamonds in the rough. Something is definitely wrong with Century's marketing.

And I agree - it looks like all this cheerleading has also got me salivating for one of these radical Radikals
RAV50 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2010, 06:10 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bailey View Post
The only big downside of a gasser is the smell, if you do get a gasser make sure you keep it in the shed or garrage not the house, else your significant other will not be happy.
I have also found that my G231 loves camper fuel and another great odorless alterbative.

As a full scale pilot, I thought I would try some 100LL aviation fuel (1/3 the price of camper fuel.

Another big advantage, of both of these, is that they can be kept in storage for a very long time without deteriorating.
Old 01-03-2010, 12:52 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

well colemann fuel here in the uk is very expensive the last lot i bought was nearly 40 dollers a gallon.

SOOOOooo this 100LL aviation stuff is oderless?? I can get hold of some if it is, I'd certainly be willing to give it a try. (I take it any airfield flying light aircraft sells it?)

Regards
Joe

PS Just rechecked the price in the uk $78 a uk gallon not good stuff. It's been 9 years since i bought my last bottle.
Old 01-03-2010, 04:07 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

I see they list a G10 and a CF version of the Radikal although so far I've only seen the G10 version offered for sale. Does anybody know if you can buy the CF version, I'm assuming it stands for Carbon Fibre, and if so where, Century UK weren't the sharpest tool in the draw ulnless that's changed?

Helibug T Rex 700G - Zenoah G290RC - JR770T/8900 - JR 8915's - Rotor Tech SG mains - Align carbon tails
gramey is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2010, 07:55 AM   #27 (permalink)

Does anybody know if the Radikal G20 will fit in any .50 size Century fuselage?
nilknarf is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2010, 01:11 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bailey View Post
SOOOOooo this 100LL aviation stuff is oderless?? I can get hold of some if it is, I'd certainly be willing to give it a try. (I take it any airfield flying light aircraft sells it?)
Yes, the 100LL aviation fuel is as odorless as the camper fuel. Yes, any airfield that caters to general aviation light aircraft should have it.

As for the purchasing of it, every country has different regulations, but if you know a pilot at the airfield you can always get him to purchase some for you.

Of note is that one does not necessarily have to by the Coleman brand of camper fuel. I have purchased other brands for less that I even found where more consistant between batches.
Old 01-04-2010, 01:15 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gramey View Post
I see they list a G10 and a CF version of the Radikal although so far I've only seen the G10 version offered for sale. Does anybody know if you can buy the CF version, I'm assuming it stands for Carbon Fibre, and if so where, Century UK weren't the sharpest tool in the draw ulnless that's changed?
The C/F version has not even been sold here in the USA. I think they listed it just to indicate that it will be available sometimes in the future. When I phoned and asked about it last November, I was told the earliest would be early February 2010.
Old 01-04-2010, 04:15 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

RAV50 thanks for that, guess I'll have to wait.

Helibug T Rex 700G - Zenoah G290RC - JR770T/8900 - JR 8915's - Rotor Tech SG mains - Align carbon tails
gramey is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2010, 08:41 PM   #31 (permalink)
AKA MotorRotor INOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilknarf View Post
Does anybody know if the Radikal G20 will fit in any .50 size Century fuselage?
As the Radikal is so new to the market, I doubt anyone has yet fit it into any scale fuselages.

I would suggest that you e-mail Century and ask them.
GyroAl is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2010, 06:32 AM   #32 (permalink)

I did. Just waiting for their reply. Thanks.
nilknarf is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2010, 10:37 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Av Gass 100LL

Rave 50
I think if you look into it , you will find most manufactures and even aftermarket Engine builders "Do not recomend" using 100LL. I believe the octain rating is to high and will cause poor performance where Colman fuel is like 55 Octain it runs better.
Also I read that the addatives that they use to stabilize 100LL dont mix well with 2 stroke oil and can cause problems.
Again this is somthing I read, but made sense to me.

Just trying to help
Defi Gravity is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2010, 10:51 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Coleman fuel is only 55 octane? My motor uses standard uk petrol at 95 octane without any issues. There must be a massive power drop in that fuel.
Old 01-06-2010, 11:05 AM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Probably no power drop. Highre octane only produces more power if your motor has a high enough compression to warrant it. In these zenoahs, I never seen any difference in power between coleman and gasoline. Corvettes and other performance type engines do need it to prevent knocking. This has been discussed in many threads. Octane is not like "nitro" as far power perfromance is concerned.
Zman39 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2010, 07:57 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Question Using Coleman Fuel with the G20?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zman39 View Post
coleman fuel is the answer to that!! . The g20 loves it.

Does using Coleman fuel void the mfg warranty? Anyone know?

I am extremely new to gassers so I have to ask if this is a common practice to run a gas engine on Coleman fuel?

Sorry to be so ignernt, I have just never heard of this with any of the plane guys at my club.
Old 01-14-2010, 08:38 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

I ran Coleman in my Pgassers and I run it in my radical as well.
Lithuim Ion Dual Pack For Radikal
Rodney is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2010, 10:13 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodney View Post
I ran Coleman in my Pgassers and I run it in my radical as well.
That is very cool, although I have not checked the price of a gallon of the stuff. I like to keep my helis inside with me, so this should work out nicely, and I will get to stay inside too if she can't smell gas fumes. Not sure I could blame the dog for that smell.
Old 01-14-2010, 11:25 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

some of the century fuses fit they have pics on rr in the radikal fyi section and in regards to another post the carbon radikal is for sale in the u.s. i own both the carbon and g10

im going fbl with my carbon g20
kaotikgraphix is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2010, 09:56 AM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

What is the difference between HD head and LT head?
kidphc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in