Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Hitec Radios > Hitec Gyro/Servos

Hitec Gyro/Servos Hitec Gyro and Servo Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2009, 05:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Talking HiTec HS 5084 servo with Align 750 Gyro- WOW!!

Well all I replaced my Align tail servo with the HS 5084 for $54.00 at my LHS. I have to tell you what a differance-
the tail is more locked in then my 450. my gain went from 18 to 30 (futaba gyro setting) with the ball on the servo at 4.85 mm from center of the arm. absolutly no wag or bounce after piro. I made no other adjustments or replaced any other parts. the servo is perfectly cool after 6 minutes of flight. the heli is perfectly balanced.
my setup is as follows:
-turned down the tail hub and increased the length of the tuned down portion so the blade grip will not touch the hub at the root. similar to the "new" hub.- no rubbing or binding
-replaced the 2 small bearings with one 2 mm bearing and one 1.2 mm bearing-no binding.
-installed the 4 balls for the ball links on the blade grims"chinese weights"- no load on the control rod
-carbon fiber tail control rod-no guide used / no friction.
-all ball links resized for no resistance on the balls.

All these mechanical changes should be made with maybe the exception to the weights regardless of the servo you choose to use. i am still not sure if the weights helped but i feel it couldnt hurt to have basicly zero load on the servo.

the problem I was having was after all the rework listed above and still using the align servo, the tail still had a slight wag about 1/2 inch from side to side -but it was a slow wag not the typical "to a high gain wag" also on piros i would get a bounce with some wag.
But now the problem is all gone and the cost was OK --but the kit should come with a servo of this type or not provide a tail servo and reduce the cost 25 bucks to allow every one to purchase there own tail servo.

I feel the 750 Align gyro is more then capable and even if you purchase the combo kit and buy a HS5084 you are still saving about 40 to 50 compared to Spartan with a HS5084 tail servo. but if i knew about this i would have purchased the Kit with the 3 servos and gotten the Spartan with the HS5084.

the good news are for all of us that purchased the Combo Kit --just buy the HS5084.

sorry for the long read but I am that pleased with the results I had to report all my findings.

regards
Marke
marke is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2009, 06:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
Closed Account

That's great news!!! I might give that servo a go when I get my 250!!
Bart101 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2009, 07:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

i am running the 5084 with the spartan and it has been doing great also.
HeathH is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2009, 08:49 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Anything other then the cheap stock ALIGN 420 servo will make a big improvement..

I really have no idea why Align would stick this POS servo on this amazing heli and give us head aches...

Regardless, Im glad that you're 250 is now locked in.... This lil sucker is awesome! I love it! minus the POS tail servo of course. hehehehhe
MrCLoWnY is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in