Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Other Makes and Models Helicopters

Other Makes and Models Helicopters Other makes and model Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2009, 01:28 AM   #1 (permalink)

My HF Map location
Default CopterX CX500

Hi All,

"Well I figured since my new heli is pretty much a trex clone, that I would make a new home here in the T-rex 500 forum..."

But it seems they don't like people with clones very sad.

So I have copied the posts here.... hope I can talk to other owners of this or other clone 500's.

Still have to get a gyro & matching servo + choose a 2.4ghz radio.

Have been flying a 450 for about 6 months pulling off tick toc's, inverted flying, rolls & flips in all directions - I decided it as time to up scale a little.

This is a CopterX 500 http://www.copterx.com/kit_cx500se.html but either way it should be hella fun flying this beast!

First hover / setup test of my CX500.
The motor & ESC is the kit gear, 1600kv motor, running a 6s Reactive lipo pack, Dx6i using duel band (two receivers), HS-5245MG's for cyclic & Hitech HS5000 Gyro with a 9257 servo. Still need to adjust & setup the tail a little better & double check tracking. At take off I am in normal mode with a max throttle of 80% at the top of the curve, about 60~70% at take off. I had set stunt mode at 80% flat - after this test it will go to 90 ~ 100% either flat or curve

I'll be flying her tomorrow with sport flying - perhaps 3D going on & should get it all on video
RaZz0R is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2009, 05:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Nice looking bird. I've got the flasher 500 clone that's the same setup as a Trex 500 esp including the torque tube setup. Absolutely awesome bird for the price. I paid $309 including shipping w/motor and esc.

It seems like the second you tell somebody it's not "align" then it's pure crap. The arguement I keep hearing is you'll spend as much as a 500 esp costs when you outfit the heli. I say bull! If you discount the parts that you have to buy for either bird, gyro, rudder servo, rx, and batteries and take it from there, my clone is still cheaper. The best price I found for an esp is $509 and you still need to buy the other items listed. I paid $310 plus I bought hitec 5245mg's for the cyclic, paid $47 each x 3. So to get the package to the equivalent setup for an esp I spent $451. Give or take $60 less money and better servo's.
gr8taz nitro is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2009, 06:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

gr8taz nitro,

Where did you get your flasher 500? I can only find them on ebay and a company in Canada!!! Did you buy in the US or the only place to buy it is from Canada? How long did it take for shipping? By the way, is the CopterX 500 an exact clone of the T-rex like the Flasher is? I am planning to build a 500 nitro and do not want to spend for a T-rex 500!!!! The nitro conversion kit is more than the flasher 500 shipped!!!!

Thanks,
Anthony
camcam is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in