Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Miniature Aircraft Helicopters > MA Electric

MA Electric IonX2, Razor and Furion Support forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2010, 07:36 AM   #241 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey! It looks like Montana!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2010, 08:10 AM   #242 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Get your shovel and transmitter mitt out! Just a heads up in case you didn't know. In the Vbar 5.0 Pro software they have the exact method of getting your blade pitch as you describe only it does all the math for you if you plug in the numbers. Another thig to keep in mind is make sure you dont let your blades hang folded back with the power on. Support them with your hand a little. You can actually burn up servos straining them if you let them hang for too long. I find this is probably the most accurate method to setting your pitches though. Good luck with the maiden.
Old 12-02-2010, 09:24 AM   #243 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgjames111 View Post
Hey! It looks like Montana!
I remember cowboy films as a kid and it was always snowy when they rode through Montana!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich M View Post
Get your shovel and transmitter mitt out! Just a heads up in case you didn't know. In the Vbar 5.0 Pro software they have the exact method of getting your blade pitch as you describe only it does all the math for you if you plug in the numbers. Another thig to keep in mind is make sure you dont let your blades hang folded back with the power on. Support them with your hand a little. You can actually burn up servos straining them if you let them hang for too long. I find this is probably the most accurate method to setting your pitches though. Good luck with the maiden.
Shovel and mitt! My god man, are you mad??!!

Nope I'm sat here 'working from home' with a nice cuppa Earl Grey tea. Ah, feel better already. So, we'll just let this troublesome weather pass by and then crack on with the job at hand!

Thanks for the heads up Rich, I did base my 'how to' on what I saw the Vbar v5 Pro software doing, I'm not actually that clever! lol

Do you guys think I'll be OK using Deans for the battery connections? The batteries came with a 4mm banana plug attached. I was thinking of putting on EC5's all round, but they seem to be hard to find. Other option is just to go for Deans as I have these on my 3S batts and wouldn't need to make adaptors for my chargers.
dauste is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2010, 10:01 AM   #244 (permalink)
Registered Users

Deans will be fine. All connectors are a "wear" item, meaning that after many cycles they need to be replaced. The "snap" you hear as you plug them in is an arc, and little by little damages the plating on the connector. It is a good idea to inspect them from time to time. We typically find that we get around 100 or so cycles on the batteries before the performance is seriously degraded. When you replace the battery, it might be a good time to replace the male deans connector on the ESC.
Old 12-02-2010, 05:02 PM   #245 (permalink)
NERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauste View Post
CoG with the 4000's and canopy on is perfect for my set-up. I did make up a basket hanging off the front that I loaded up with 3S 2200 batts, so I knew roughly what sizes I could get away with.

The 4000's I've got are too wide to lay flat on the tray, so they are mounted side on.

Hmmmm. How am I getting on with them?? We have a slight 'issue' over here in the UK at the moment:

Not the sort of thing we are generally used to in this green and pleasant land!!
All that stuff is on the ground, no worries, there is a perfect lifting spot in pic one just before the steps. An all white background will make for perfect visibility.

Cool pics by the way...
Old 12-02-2010, 05:18 PM   #246 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

It looks very pretty whilst it lasts. I went out to clear the car and got ambushed by the neighbours' kids, ending up in a street wide snowball fight. I had to come in after a bit as I was totally exhausted by them all.

While you are about Brian, did I end up with one of the cosmetically flawed canopies as well?

I didn't really notice when I first got it out of the box (as I was so excited)!! But having given it a much closer inspection recently, I noticed that your name is in Chinglish (both sides) and also quite a few runs in the clear coast and an area of pin holes.

Old 12-02-2010, 08:49 PM   #247 (permalink)
Registered Users

We didn't really have any "cosmetic flaw" Furion 6 canopies. When we receieve that canopies from Canomod, we take a quick look at them, and check for major defects. We do realize that these canopies are all hand painted, and some have slight runs, and other imperfections. These are Canomod canopies, and we have to look at them as such, they are not a Dave Yost, or Arizona Heli custom. I have to say I haven't seen one missing a "t" yet though
Old 12-03-2010, 01:43 AM   #248 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

So... could be a one-off?? Unique even, maybe it will become a collectors item!
I'll have to try not to smash it up in a crash!!

But anyway, it's mine and I love it.
Old 12-06-2010, 04:48 PM   #249 (permalink)
Registered Users

What are you all getting for total cyclic throws with out binding.
fenwayrick is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2010, 05:00 PM   #250 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hello

I am French living in the Paris region forgiveness for my broken English I use google translation to write you and hope you understand me.

I made some modification by drilling a hole to pass the son of wiring with Rubber Grommet MA115-94

I doubled the fence and doubling the carbon by placing a reinforcement on the other side all the servos move less.

But be that little had been done deliberately in order to absorb the shock??

I just remove everything and put everything back home if anyone thinks it is unnecessary in any case I finish this helicopter out of the ordinary.

It has been 5 years since I flew with a Stratus that was originally a Tempest, today it is FBL and it still flies as well with aluminum tail servo and Bobby Watt, servo AC return as the Furion allows having the carbon rod right in the middle and without the returns, it is terribly effective and accurate picture show.

My configuration.

4035-560KV
CC120HV
CCPROBEC
12S 3300 45C
RPM Rotor 2350

3.8 kilos with 3300 12S 45C castel graph to 120 amps max, 4.30 mn fly is enought for me.

best regards Philippe B.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CIH_3580.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	194309   Click image for larger version

Name:	CIH_3560.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	194310   Click image for larger version

Name:	CIH_3566.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	194311   Click image for larger version

Name:	CIH_3554.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	194312   Click image for larger version

Name:	CIH_3557.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	194313  

Name:	CIH_3569.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	194314   Click image for larger version

Name:	CIH_3588.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	194315   Click image for larger version

Name:	CIH_3577.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	194316   Click image for larger version

Name:	CIH_3576.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	194317   Click image for larger version

Name:	CIH_3582.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	194318  

Name:	CIH_3593.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	194319   Click image for larger version

Name:	CIH_3558.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	194320   Click image for larger version

Name:	CIH_3499.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	194383   Click image for larger version

Name:	CIH_3519.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	194384   Click image for larger version

Name:	CIH_3521.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	194385  

Last edited by bphil; 12-10-2010 at 04:06 AM..
bphil is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2010, 12:17 PM   #251 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenwayrick View Post
What are you all getting for total cyclic throws with out binding.
Hey Rick, not sure how you want to measure this? I only get binding around mid-stick with the V-bar. The cyclic ring flattens everything out at extremes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bphil View Post
Hello

I am French living in the Paris region forgiveness for my broken English I use google translation to write you and hope you understand me.

I made some modification by drilling a hole to pass the son of wiring with Rubber Grommet MA115-94

I doubled the fence and doubling the carbon by placing a reinforcement on the other side all the servos move less.

But be that little had been done deliberately in order to absorb the shock??

I just remove everything and put everything back home if anyone thinks it is unnecessary in any case I finish this helicopter out of the ordinary.

It has been 5 years since I flew with a Stratus that was originally a Tempest, today it is FBL and it still flies as well with aluminum tail servo and Bobby Watt, servo AC return as the Furion allows having the carbon rod right in the middle and without the returns, it is terribly effective and accurate picture show.

My configuration.

4035-560KV
CC120HV
CCPROBEC
12S 3300 45C
RPM Rotor 2350

3.8 kilos with 3300 12S 45C castel graph to 120 amps max, 4.30 mn fly is enought for me.

best regards Philippe B.
Philippe, nice looking Heli! I like the extra holes you made for the servo wires. I think this is necessary for a clean installation.

Also like the pan-head bolts you have used for the frame. As for the strengthening of the anti-rotation guide, the stock one does seem quite bendy. Not sure what kind of difference that would make. If it flies good, then why not!

Voici une traduction Google pour vous! Vous ne savez pas comment cela va fonctionner comme mon français est une norme d'écolier très très pauvres.

Philippe, jolie Heli! J'aime les trous supplémentaires que vous avez fait pour les fils de servo. Je pense que c'est necssary pour une installation propre.

En outre, comme les boulons à tête bombée vous avez utilisé pour le cadre. En ce qui concerne le renforcement du guide anti-rotation, le stock semble tout à fait bandé. Vous ne savez pas quel genre de différence cela ferait. Si il vole bien, alors pourquoi pas!

D
Old 12-10-2010, 03:34 PM   #252 (permalink)
Registered Users

traduction by google

HI

He just made a few flights this afternoon as I am limited in capacity by my 2600mah 45C 12S prototypes for testing, not more than two minutes, it remains around 30% CCBEC PRO is a 6S lipo AC consumes little and imbalance somewhat.

For the reinforcement is true that the servos do not move, I'll leave it at that because Ca okay, I send you the graph I like the speed is at the moment of the rotor 2500 rpm.

No question of going back with 10S, the 4035-560KV 12S is terribly powerful, next week I will teste the 700-52L Kontronik was a friend to do new support changes to the engine.

Very friendly Philip Beal (Paris)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	graph furion en 12s.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	194440  
bphil is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2010, 12:06 AM   #253 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hello guys,

Finally get to fly my Furion 6, here's a vid my buddy took. Still getting use to the power and BeastX, I was flying with Align3G previously, well all i can say is BeastX is another level But my flying doesnt do justice to it :o

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QXsGXxvgM0&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL[/ame]

Comments are welcome!
Rgoh is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2010, 05:51 AM   #254 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Well, the only comment I've got to make about that is... if my flying was only half as good as yours, I'd be a happy man!
Old 12-12-2010, 06:33 AM   #255 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nice flight!! I agree the power is hard to get use to. On my 700N collective management is trying not to bog the head, but on the F6 it's not going to bog, it's going disappear.
Old 12-12-2010, 07:03 PM   #256 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks guys. Anyone tired those MarvikG5 that Bobbywatts was flying?
Rgoh is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2010, 07:57 PM   #257 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yup. The G5's have tons of pop and auto fantastic as well. I will say they take some time getting use to at first.
Old 12-19-2010, 07:16 PM   #258 (permalink)
NERD

Hi Dauste, any chance we will get to see a Christmas maiden?
Old 12-19-2010, 07:28 PM   #259 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

It's looking that way Norman! I splashed out on a DX8 as well, so had to reprogram the Vbar. I've got the telemetry unit working with the Vbar, so will find somewhere to mount that in the next few days.

I decided to go with the EC5 connectors in the end and was waiting a week for those to turn up (weather was perfect that week), they are here now and I've just got the marathon soldering job to do to get the y-harness etc. made up.

Set-up the ESC tonight, nieces winter wedding yesterday, been making Christmas puddings in-between and the weather has turned cr@p again. So all being well I may just get a flight in on Friday, it is supposed to be windy though.

Good job I'm a patient man!! LOL
Old 12-19-2010, 07:35 PM   #260 (permalink)
NERD

Sounds GREAT! Looking forward to it! Can you send us some pudding while we wait?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in